The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

He was in the first three X-Men movies, and the first two Fantastic Four movies, but then hasn't been in a Fox/Marvel movie since.

I don't know if it's on purpose, or a coincidence.

He was contracted to do three Iron Man films. Then they had to renegotiate to include him in The Avengers. That contract also included two sequels (the other one being The Avengers 3). But then, Civil War came up. I bet the new Captain America is a part of separate deal and he'll end up in Infinity War . In part two, to be exact. I bet all the leads will appear in that one but not necessarily in the next one.

Karol

Story-wise?

Nah, I seriously think he will be in Infinity War. The whole build up would be for nothing if none of the original cast members came back.

Karol

When Iron Man 3 was in theaters, this story broke

Robert Downey Jr. Signs With Marvel For The Avengers 2 & 3

But that was before he decided to be in Civil War, and before Avengers 3 was split into 2 films.

So who knows what the situation is now.

Hmmm, here's an article from February

Robert Downey Jr. On Ultron, Civil War & Contract Renewal

Stefan, this was the plot of the comic book storyline. Not sure if they'll use any of it (Age of Ultron shares only a title with the comic):

Beginning

Civil War follows the implementation and consequences of the Superhuman Registration Act, a legislative bill which required the mandatory registration of any person based in the United States with super powers. The act arose due to public pressure for accountability following a series of superhuman-related events causing significant damage and death within the Marvel universe, such as an attack on Manhattan in reprisal for Nick Fury's "Secret War", and the Hulk's rampage in Las Vegas which resulted in the death of 26 people. When the mutant population was drastically reduced in the aftermath of M-Day, itself caused by a mutant, anti-mutant hysteria caused by extremist groups caused a majority of the remaining mutants, known as the 198, to relocate to the Xavier Institute, and raised public support for the proposed act.

Public sentiment toward superheroes plummeted after an incident in Stamford, Connecticut, in which the New Warriors, a group of young superheroes and the focus of a reality TV show, botched an attempt to apprehend a group of supervillains in a quest for better ratings. In the resulting fight the villain Nitro used his explosive powers to destroy several city blocks, including an elementary school at the epicenter, resulting in the death of over 600 civilians, 60 of whom were children, with just Speedball of the Warriors and Nitro himself surviving. Although many high-profile superheroes assisted in the relief and rescue effort, there were a number of isolated revenge attacks, and support for registration rose.

The prospect of registration divided the superhuman community down the middle, with Tony Stark, the superhero Iron Man who had previously tried to halt the act, becoming the pro-registration figurehead, and Captain America leading the anti-registration group. Iron Man, with Mr. Fantastic and Henry Pym, argued that the changing political landscape meant that resisting the law was pointless, and that it is reasonable for heroes to have proper training and oversight, whereas Captain America, alongside Luke Cage and Falconargued that heroes required secrecy in order to protect aspects of their 'normal' life, such as spouses and children, and to allow them to act in whatever means necessary against threats which the ordinary emergency services couldn't cope with. Although nominally a U.N. agency, S.H.I.E.L.D. assumed the brunt of enforcing the act under acting directorMaria Hill.

Escalation[edit]

The opposing sides initially traded propagandic victories, with the anti-registration heroes continuing to fight supervillains, leaving them restrained to be found by the authorities, whilst the pro-registration side attempted to locate and arrest any superperson who was not registered. The first major coup for either side came when Iron Man convincedSpider-Man to publicly reveal his identity, a secret the latter had worked hard to maintain. During this time many tie-in titles concerned with the war's impact on the wider Marvel universe were published. These detailed Wolverine's hunt for Nitro after fleeing the scene at Stamford, Cyclops' declaration of the X-Men and all remaining mutants as officially neutral, the effect of the war on other supergroups including the pro-registration Thunderbolts and the neutral Runaways, and the reaction of the criminal element (many of whom fled to Canada).

The conflict escalated when Captain America led the anti-registration heroes, known as the Secret Avengers, into an ambush by the pro-registration forces. While shaking hands with Iron Man before a peaceful discussion of the crisis, Captain America used a hidden device to disable Iron Man's armor and sucker-punched him. A public brawl between the pro and anti-registration forces ensued. During the battle, a clone of Thor was sent to assist in the arrest of the anti-registration heroes, but instead killed Goliath by blasting him through his chest. As the pro-registration heroes attempted to control the clone, the Secret Avengers retreated.

In order to contain the superpeople unwilling to register, Iron Man and Mr. Fantastic built a prison in the Negative Zone; it was dubbed "Project 42" because it was the 42nd project they had developed after the Stamford tragedy. Learning that people who did not agree to register would be imprisoned indefinitely and following a battle with Iron Man, Spider-Man quit the pro-registration side and joined Captain America's underground movement. Unknown to Spider-Man, Tony Stark was using his spider suit to secretly analyze his powers and develop ways to overcome them.[6] The Punisher obtained the plans for Project 42 by covertly infiltrating the Baxter Building, home of the Fantastic Four.

Finale[edit]

The Secret Avengers and their allies reached Riker's Island penitentiary. Betrayed by Tigra, they were met by Iron Man and the pro-registration forces, and a number of supervillains who were being controlled by nanites. Hulkling used his shape-shifting ability to assume the role of Henry Pym and release the incarcerated heroes, leading to an all-out battle between the two sides.

During the fight Cloak teleported the battle to the centre of New York City, where the pro-registration forces were joined by the fixed Thor clone and Captain Marvel, and Namorled an army of Atlanteans to assist the Secret Avengers. Captain America targeted Iron Man, whose armor had been compromised by the Vision II. As Captain America was about to deliver a finishing blow, several non-superpowered emergency service personnel held him back. Wishing to avert further property damage and bloodshed, Captain America surrendered, marking the end of the Civil War.

Two weeks later, the Fifty State Initiative was launched and the Mighty Avengers assembled as a team. Tony Stark was appointed Director of S.H.I.E.L.D., and Maria Hill was demoted to deputy status. Some heroes moved to Canada, while some stayed underground including the New Avengers. Many of the Secret Avengers were given amnesty by the government, while Captain America was placed in jail. Captain America was later apparently shot to death by Crossbones and Sharon Carter (the latter hypnotised by Dr. Faustus) outside the courthouse, on the day of his arraignment.

Karol

There's a 0% chance that Tony Stark will die in Civil War. He'll be a part of Infinity War for sure.

First trailer for Black Widow

~~~

Seriously though, here's a really good article about Black Widow and how she's been portrayed in her 4 appearances so far

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/29/entertainment-geekly-black-widow-conundrum

They're right; She went from a vague love interest for Iron Man, to one for Hawkeye, to one for Cap, to one for Hulk. And it sounds like AAOU de-mystifies her background.

I remember thinking after Avengers 1 that a Black Widow / Hawkeye movie was surely in the works that would fill in their back-story that was introduced in Avengers. I guess that's never going to remotely happen.

The last line of Iron Man 3 was that he was still Iron Man. So I don't see a disconnect at all.

Ultron rather nicely builds on the insecurity Tony had in Iron Man 3, which lead him to overcompensate and create Ultron.

Anyone who uses the sentence "Peace in our time" in a film is in the wrong.

They're right; She went from a vague love interest for Iron Man, to one for Hawkeye, to one for Cap, to one for Hulk.

Love is for children, I owe him a debt.

It also has kind of make sense. The thing with Iron Man isn't something I would believe. Neither with Cap, she spends that film trying to hook him up with SHIELD people as a running gag.

Dunno if this is real or fake

11176380_906543992701659_1354708203_n.jp
https://instagram.com/p/2QwuW5jpho/

~~~

Woah! The reason there's been no standalone Hulk movies in the MCU is because Universal still owns the rights. I had no idea!

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/05/mark-ruffalo-talks-hulk-in-space-captain-america-civil-war/

I'd rather see a straight buddy comedy with Stark and Banner than another standalone adventure with a massive fight. GOTG was supposed to show how versatile these films could be genre-wise, right? Guess that didn't work out. And kicking Wright to the curb isn't a good sign either.

Dunno if this is real or fake

https://instagram.com/p/2QwuW5jpho/

~~~

Woah! The reason there's been no standalone Hulk movies in the MCU is because Universal still owns the rights. I had no idea!

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/05/mark-ruffalo-talks-hulk-in-space-captain-america-civil-war/

Really? Even though The Incredible Hulk was the only MCU film released by Universal.

It's a little different than that. You don't have a CEO's deep pockets to fund a movie, and the few female superhero movies made have been disasters.. But he should blame the effort of the teams, not the characters themselves, and just build better movies.