BETTER CALL SAUL

Jay

• 1 month later...

Jonathan Banks lost the Best Supporting Actor Emmy to Peter Dinklage for Tyrion Lannister in Game of Thrones Season 5

And Bob Odenkirk loses Best Actor to Jon Hamm for Don Draper in Mad Men Season 7B

Hamm finally won that elusive Emmy. More an award for his performance on the entire series. Cool.

He deserves it! Don Draper is probably the most puzzling, impenetrable, charismatic character that I've ever seen.

• 1 month later...

In the US, it airs on a cable channel called AMC, the same cable channel that aired Breaking Bad and Mad Men, and currently airs the Walking Dead & Hell on Wheels

It's an AMC original production. Netflix purchased the rights from AMC to exclusively air it in some countries; In those countries, it gets the "Netflix Original Program" tag at the beginning.

This is the reverse of, for example, "The Fall", which airs on BBC Two in its native country. But in the US, Netflix purchased exclusive distribution rights, so here it gets the "Netflix Original Program" tag at the beginning even though it, of course, isn't.

Make sense?

First this, then Star Wars! *Chortle*

At least we Canadians get it! For once, we're not getting the short end of the bargain!

I don't understand how it not being on Netflix is the short end of any bargain. Vince Gilligan and everyone involves makes far more money from it airing on a cable channel in the US than through netflix overseas, and all the episodes air here first, for anyone with a cable package, before they later show up on other country's Netflixes.

Oh, I was talking about Star Wars.

And not that I really care. I wasn't planning on watching it on Netflix anyway.

It's an AMC original production. Netflix purchased the rights from AMC to exclusively air it in some countries; In those countries, it gets the "Netflix Original Program" tag at the end.

This is the reverse of, for example, "The Fall", which airs on BBC Two in its native country. But in the US, Netflix purchased exclusive distribution rights, so here it gets the "Netflix Original Program" tag at the end even though it, of course, isn't.

Make sense?

Wrong!

The Netflix Original Programming tag appears in front of the episodes!

Wait, you're saying Canada will show The Force Awakens before the US? That can't be true

No. But Netflix will be able to stream TFA when available, but only in Canada.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/netflix-to-stream-star-wars-the-force-awakens-exclusively-in-canada-1.3288104

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm still so pleasantly surprised by just how GOOD season 1 was.  It would have been so easy for that show to be a cheap imitation of its predecessor,  or a completely worthless spinoff only done as a desperate money grab.  But damn, it told a very compelling story, was just PERFECTLY acted (by everyone!), and it continued one of the very best aspects of Breaking Bad: That the plot is completely unpredictable, yet never feels like anything happens just because, its always so completely organic.

I hope season 2 continues all the best aspects of the show!

I don't think it was always that 100% compelling but the show certainly had its moments and strengths. Saul is not the easiest character to really care for (especially not in the first episodes) but eventually the show slowly manages to change your mind. The silent scene where he is told that he won't be working as lawyer is one of the best scenes in the history of the golden age of TV.

Alex