BETTER CALL SAUL

Jay

I find the relationships between Jimmy & Kim, and between Jimmy and Chuck, the best aspects of the show

That all feels like an original, well told story

The Mike stuff feels like a Breaking Bad prequel.

No.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

They haven't announced a premiere date for Season 3 yet, but Season 1 premiered in Feb 2015 and Season 2 in Feb 2016, so probably February again?

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

I find the relationships between Jimmy & Kim, and between Jimmy and Chuck, the best aspects of the show

Yes, both are fascinating. Jimmy & Kim's relation is lovely without getting corny. Love how she sees the good in Jimmy yet at the same time she's worried that it could be her downfall. Jimmy and Chuck ... now that's twisted! Chuck really wants Jimmy to fail in life. Sick! Only at AMC!

Mike's just a cool cat.

Kim Wexler might be the best written character on TV right now, though it would never work without Rhea Seahorn's perfect performance.  I can't believe she doesn't get nominated.  It would be so easy to have a situation (where a character both wants to be a good lawyer and can't help but do bad things when influenced by Jimmy) come off as stupid or cliched, but Seahorn makes it all believable.  It's brilliant.

Chuck/Jimmy is one of the most fascinating relationships I've ever seen explored on television.  As the show goes on you hate Chuck, love Chuck, understand Chuck's side, don't understand Chuck's side.... its fascinating.  The two actors pull off everything perfectly too.

Even the Howard Hamlin character is pretty interesting!  You go from hating him to understanding his motivations too.

I honestly didn't expect a Breaking Bad spinoff to be good at all - because the original show was so brilliant - but this show might be better when all is said and done.

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

I honestly didn't expect a Breaking Bad spinoff to be good at all - because the original show was so brilliant - but this show might be better when all is said and done.

Breaking Bad is more easy to like because it was so suspenseful. BCS really is more about the characters.

Fully agreed on the Kim Wexler stuff you've said. Not even a nomination? Really?!

15540612_1211683382201959_91017372440597

Was Grandma hit by a driver with only one working reindeer light? Give us a call for a happier holiday: (505)842-5662.

15577999_1212624128774551_21025954371207

Over the river and through the woods to grandmother’s house? You got taken for a ride, and we can help! Give us a call at (505)842-5662!

• 2 weeks later...

So it looks like Chuck wastes no time turning Jimmy into the cops? Wonder how he'll get himself out of that pickle.

And great to see Giancarlo back, he looks like he hasn't aged a day!

41 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Ugh, none of those teasers available in the UK. Yet I can watch the show via Netflix.

Left hand has no idea what right hand is doing.

Just do an open search on YouTube for BCS season 3 teasers, there's mirrors of the same clips.

3 hours ago, crumbs said:

And great to see Giancarlo back, he looks like he hasn't aged a day!

Black don't crack!

• 3 weeks later...

2 months, can't come soon enough. Easily one of the best dramas on television right now.

I think things will start falling apart radically in season 3. Jimmy's best days are well and truly behind him.

• 4 weeks later...

'Better Call Saul' Season 3 Will Offer First Look at Saul Goodman

“It will be Saul Goodman, but not the way you know him from 'Breaking Bad,'” said star Bob Odenkirk in Berlin on Wednesday.
After two seasons playing well-meaning, if morally compromised Jimmy McGill in Better Call Saul, Bob Odenkirk said he will be unleashing the true Saul Goodman, slime ball lawyer extraordinaire, in the upcoming season three of the AMC series.

“For the first time, we get to see Saul Goodman,” Odenkirk announced at an event in Berlin on Wednesday. “But not the way you think. You'll get to see Saul Goodman, but he is not what you saw in Breaking Bad. That character will appear but in a slightly different form than you've seen it.”

In another mini-spoiler for season three, Odenkirk said that Giancarlo Esposito's return as revenge-bent drug kingpin Gus Fring from Breaking Bad will not be just a short cameo.

“Not only is Gus back, but there is a story with him,” Odenkirk said. “We get to know more about his empire building, more about Gus' empire and how he built it.”

Better Call Saul returns to AMC in the U.S. and on Netflix worldwide April 10.