BloodBoal

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting snippet in an article about the recent HobbitCon3 event:

As some have noticed, in the final scene of saying goodbye to Bilbo in «The Battle of the Five Armies» Kircher is missing his famous axe in his forehead. Still, he wouldn’t answer our question about the particulars:

William Kircher: We did an incredible scene with that axe! You have to wait for the Extended version! Let’s just say, I might have found the orc who put it there. The scene involves Bofur and Bombur as well!

It would be great to see this, a heroic scene involving some of the other Dwarves, and at last a moment for Bifur. However, unless Jackson or Boyens confirm it being in I'm not taking it for granted. Infact, I can't help but feel that this scene won't make it unfortunately.

• 3 weeks later...

Because when you hear "lose", it sounds like it should be written "loose" (because of how the O is pronounced). At least that's why I sometimes make that mistake when I write hastily.

It is weird that the "s" is pronounced differently depending on whether it is preceded by one or two O(s).

Until you consider the words "looses" and "chooses."

Hastily typing in a forum is one thing, these guys are making a youtube video for crying out loud! I think grammar has just gotten so bad in today's youth everyone who looked at it probably thought it was right!

So if you have to pee do you go to the loo or lo?

But do you loosen or lose your bowels?

OK back the to the Hobbit conversation. This is a loose/lose conversation situation!

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hobbit-Battle-Armies-Extended-Blu-ray/dp/B00ZX1Y6TW/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1434876756&sr=1-1&keywords=the+hobbit+the+battle+of+the+five+armies

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/richard-armitage/35300/richard-armitage-interview-the-hobbit-captain-america

Well I know there’s a couple of scenes that never made it into the final film – like there’s a funeral scene and one of the things I’m excited about seeing is there’s a great chariot race, or a chariot chase should I say, that couldn’t make it into the film and also a performance by Antony Sher as Thrain which again got cut and I’m really looking forward to seeing.

I'll copy my thoughts from TORN with some additions:

I really hope Armitage is right and not confusing it with DoS (I don't see why he would, but it's possible he was talking about the EE's in general, I don't know). As such, I'll try not to get too excited, as it's also possible of course that the scene may have been filmed but won't be included in the EE, since it's PJ whose putting this together and not Richard.

Nevertheless, the prospect of another Thrain flashback is very, very intriguing. I'm just wondering what it would entail? I'd love to see a flashback involving Thorin and Thrain, perhaps some kind of dialogue about the burden of kingship. Others have suggested perhaps the fabled Palantir scene (which would have to be a flashback at the start of the film really) or even Thrain appearing to Thorin during the gold floor sequence.

I had a weird thought that it could be an addition to the shots of the Dwarves searching for the Arkenstone comparing Thorin to Thror, with Thrain watching Thror or something (very unlikely).

Whatever it is (if it is anything), I hope it is emotional stuff and has awesome music

Indeed. But as I said, I just hope it is included, since obviously a scene being filmed doesn't mean it will be restored, and I doubt Armitage yet knows exactly what Jackson has put back in (chariot and funeral scenes aside, because they were a given really).

More Thrain would be good. I wouldn't mind a sequence that includes us seeing how the map and key went from Thrain to Gandalf, and I'd like to see Gandalf tell Thorin that he met Thrain and saw him die.

I'd be stunned if we didn't see Gandalf tell Thorin about Thrain when he speaks to him at the gate. Obviously this would be cut from the TC since only those who had seen the EE of DoS would know what the fuck he was on about. Should add extra resonance to proceedings.

Surely Jackson knows that Shore's music increases the emotion of most scenes? You'd think he would given some past decisions - Boromir, Sam carrying Frodo, the Ride of the Rohirrim, the Grey Havens - where the music is pivotal in making us feel something. Even with The Hobbit, you only have to look at Azog almost killing Thorin in AUJ, the hug (wrong choice of music or not, he obviously wanted something to give the scene impact), Thorin passing. Jackson seems to cut a lot of music for action scenes but he's usually pretty faithful with music for more sombre scenes. But we'll have to wait and see either way.

He's not joking SUH. I have heard the same snippet. Only thing BB left out is that Jackson refers to him as Sir Conrad.

I believe PJ calls him Papa Optimus Maximus in private.

Conrad the Rooster and his All New Zealand hen band?

Shamelessly stolen from TheHutt over at TORN:

From an Italian forum (link will be specified later, when I have it from my news source who translated the info) there was some information concerning BOTFA SEE. The source is the Italian actor who is dubbing Dwalin and who recently had recordings for the SEE and who posted some info about it. There is following information which might or might not be accurate (rumour, remember?). So I don't guarantee the accuracy whatsoever.

Following information could be gathered:

• Dwalin has some new good scenes, however, they are rather short.
  • Beorn has some additional dialogue.
  • Thorin has some additional scenes.
  • The chariot scene is in the movie.
  • Also, dubbing work was done for Balin and Bombur (!). So we might hear his voice after all.

Well Boyens did tease that he'd have a line.

I liked that idea in that infamous fake review. Extended goodbyes between Bilbo and the Dwarves at the end. Bilbo comes to Bombur, says farewell and is stunned when Bombur grabs his hand warmly and says "It's been a pleasure, Mr Baggins". Something like that would be quite lovely and very fitting, which of course means it won't be included.

Reading between the lines, it might be that we get a brief reprise of the Misty Mountains with different lyrics to the original rendition at the funeral. Wonder how it will impact Shore's music for the scene? In any case, the song seems very appropriate.

I would think that Shore would take into consideration if there was singing at the funeral, and do the score around it.

One does, however, never know what Jackson that crazy motherf*cker has up his sleeve.

• 1 month later...