BloodBoal

Incase we're not clear, I originally mixed the times of the trailers up, hence Jay's comment. Perhaps you did not notice this, in which case absolutely as you were.

I have the AUJ one and the Erebor bookends (this is the piece I wanted most from the films, so I'm glad they made it). The DoS one looked horrible. It should have been Bilbo and Smaug. I actually like this new one and will get it. I might have preferred something with Beorn or Thorin fighting Azog but this is appropriate enough and, more importantly, inoffensive to my sensibilities.

I only bought the regular DVD versions of the Hobbit movies without any statues or keys or anything besides the movie and the extras.

For LOTR I bought the 2 disc theatrical cuts as they came out, and never got the official box to put them all in.

I also bought the limited versions of the EE cuts as they came out, so I have the Argonath bookends + NatGEO DVD from FOTR, Gollum statue + Golloum DVD from TTT, and Minas Tirith jewelry holder + Symphony DVD for ROTK. I also mailed away for the box to put each in.

Then I bought the theatrical cuts on BD in a single case that only has the movies, since the earlier BDs with bonus features were literally just the old DVD bonus discs, the features not having been ugraded to HD yet

Then I bought the EE box set on blu, which again contained all the old bonus features on DVD only, so later bought the individual releases Target-exclusive versions, which contain only the film on 2 BDs each in normal cases

For The Hobbit I have the standard EE release of 1 and 2, and some limited version of the theatrical cut of 1 that had some bonus disc. I should have just waited for some future box set. I don't even like the third movie at all, anyway. I dunno. I guess I'm all Hobbit-ed out for a while, haven't even listened to the scores in months.

For LotR I got the Gollum statuette from a friend who didn't particularly like it and bought myself the collector's edition of RotK with the Minas Tirith and Creating the LotR Symphony DVD. I regret for not getting the FotR collector's edition as the Argonath statues would have been really cool to have.

Oh yeah you could also order Minas Morgul to go with the Minas Tirith model from Weta Workshop at a discounted price when you bought the RotK EE collector's edition.

The Gollum statue was pretty shit it has to be said. I sent off the Minas Morgul one as well, very nice.

I heard that Warner specifically asked WETA to do character statues for the EE's rather than locations, which is a shame. More evidence of them being cunts and ruining things for everyone.

Press release: (Posting it here because Barny's thinks TORN is more important than JWfan still ;) )

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/342694-whv-press-release-the-hobbit-the-battle-of-the-five-armies-extended-edition-blu-ray/#entry4285531

Shhhhhhhh! I was about to come on here and post it, but then I realized that it's telling you nothing new, so you lot - being a more discerning bunch - wouldn't be as excited about it as the insatiable loons on TORN.

And, because I can swear on here, may I just say that as a Blu-ray/DVD devotee it is absolute bollocks that the physical release is coming almost a month later. Good old Warner - theatrical showings around the 13th October, digital download on the 20th, and then physical releases almost a month later. I know their game, the money-grabbing bastards.

I had that with AUJ, but I much preferred going into it virtually blind with DoS. So I'll be stumping up for the digital download as well as the Blu-ray, but even then, with the theatrical screenings a week before we'll probably have everything spoiled for us already.

- Howard Shore has been involved since last years recording sessions! Perhaps a Bilbo's song like piece or new cue.

I seriously doubt this means much.

Not enough to justify CR releases. So it's basically a confirmation we won't get them!

That's what I've been saying from day one! They were never going to happen.

We might get some kind of rarities disc, or bonus CD though.

More stupid Legolas BS. Wonderful. Why couldn't that have been an eagle? The other stuff looks interesting at least.

So much for going into it completely blind, Barny!

Trailers are allowed. I meant in terms of people posing full-on descriptive spoilers.

- Howard Shore has been involved since last years recording sessions! Perhaps a Bilbo's song like piece or new cue.

I seriously doubt this means much.

Not enough to justify CR releases. So it's basically a confirmation we won't get them!

That's what I've been saying from day one! They were never going to happen.

We might get some kind of rarities disc, or bonus CD though.

Such a disc might fit a good portion of the unreleased stuff from all three films, at least the major pieces. Not much room for demos or alternates with that kind of programme though. But who knows if there is going to be a "rarities" disc(s).