BloodBoal

I'm not convinced it's going to be in the EE. It would make sense to have more Beorn at the beginning if they're going to be expanding his role at the end, but I'm not sure how they're going to work it back in as things stand.

That looks like something that should have gone into DoS and Beorn's telling of his backstory as a some kind of flashback rather in BotFA. I can't imagine where they could introduce a scene where Beorn is tortured in Dol Guldur in the final film. There doesn't seem to be a logical place for it in there without it feeling very tacked on.

If it were to happen during the events of BotFA it would mean that at some point we have to see Beorn getting caught while trying to save Gandalf, then being tortured, then being released and then heading back to Rhosgobel with Gandalf and Radagast.

Don't forget that Radagast and Beorn are flying in on the eagles together. How on earth would they know each other in the movie universe? Seems to me that Radagast, while carrying Gandalf out of Dol Guldur, is spotting Beorn as well, and rescuing him. Beorn could easily be removed from the current version, and Rosgobel, via CGI, and don't forget the staff issue with Gandalf. I reckon that the Dol Guldur aftermath at Rosgobel will be quite expanded.

But how will Beorn end up captured in Dol Guldur when there is indication he was ever going there in DoS?

Maybe he simply gets captured?

I recognize that it's not really feasible that he would get captured with his enormous strength, but that isn't feasible in Dol Guldur either, when the fortress has emptied its armies.

I don't think it necessarily explains the Radagast theme being abandoned (as far as I can tell, it was the motif that some dubbed 'Shadow over Mirkwood'). That could have been intended to score part of the Rhosgobel sequence for all we know. It's obvious he's going to have more screen time in the EE in any case, there's some very apparent odd ADR in that Rhosgobel scene in the TC.

He did confirm that that theme was Radagastian, but he didn't confirm exactly which bit of Radagast material was going to appear in BOFA.

Wow, that's crazy. I remember him saying he had to tone back the cut quite significantly because a few frames and a few orc decapitations can still push you over the edge and into R rating territory.

Gobsmacked to see them actually push ahead for the EE. Something positive to salvage from that trainwreck, I guess.

Yeah here's that quote:

What would you have done if you had the R rating?

Oh all sorts of great things. I will tell you what, you wait for the extended cut of this film. There are a few Orc killings that we actually got knocked back. Because when we submitted this to the MPAA we got an R. So what you’re seeing is the result of heavy editing to even just get the PG-13. But there will be a little bit of Orc killing to be seen in the extended cut

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/12/04/no-regrets-peter-jackson-says-goodbye-to-middle-earth.html

Gotta be Beorn stuff then, I'm guessing. Do we know if they've reinstated his scenes at Dol Goldur? Based on the music and editing of his (currently) only appearance, it'd be a little out of place to see extra scenes of him there.

EDIT: Watching this, seems pretty obvious to me that we'll see the blade actually pierce Fili's chest and blood on Azog's sword afterwards. It definitely plays out in a very "censored for children" way in the theatrical cut, with a particularly noticeable edit at 0:38:

So, they "even just got" the PG 13 rating? BOTFA doesn't strike me as a violent film. Did standards change? In Fellowship, in Balin's Tomb, Aragorn beheads a goblin, after which blood is springing from his neck like a fountain. Didn't seem to bother anyone back then.

At this point I'm honestly wondering if they're holding stuff back for the super box set, what between this and Jackson's promise of 20-25 minutes restored to AUJ, and the number of deleted scenes from DoS we know to exist (the journey through Dale, the introduction to Thranduil, the Palantir scene).

Fuck off:

https://www.spio-fsk.de/asp/filestream.asp?dir=karte&file=1508\148566aV.pdf

19 measly stinking minutes? You promised us 30 Jackson. This won't even scratch the surface of the problems.

The EEs aren't intended to make the film better. Jackson made it clear on ROTK that he doesn't put stuff back inthat he doesn't think is "fun to put in".

Come on this is Peter Jackson we're talking about here! The bastard put 50 minutes back into ROTK, including a drinking game and Gimli's bullshit in the Paths of the Dead. It seems like pretty much everything was being thrown in.

Or maybe PJ was just tired of it all and didn't bother adding some material he originally wanted to insert back into the film.

That's what I think.

Well let's just hope he's put back in the absolute necessary shit: more Dol Guldur, more inside Erebor pre-battle, the Beorn/Radagast arc, the Bilbo and Bofur scene, something involving Thrain and breaking the news of Thorin, more battle (particularly the resolution and Beorn), more ending (funeral, farewells, Dain's coronation, the journey home). Am I missing anything? We certainly don't need more Alfrid, Legolas and Tauriel.

There was definitely a lot cut out of the opening battle with Smaug. Lots of finished CGI shots in the trailer of Bard's rooftop escapades in Laketown.

Didn't Doug say there was some great stuff from the back-end of the film we had yet to hear? Of course, whether or not we actually will is another matter...

We will have sp

Fuck off:

https://www.spio-fsk.de/asp/filestream.asp?dir=karte&file=1508\148566aV.pdf

19 measly stinking minutes? You promised us 30 Jackson. This won't even scratch the surface of the problems.

It says there it's PG-12 or something.