Fairly Unusual Best Movies TOP 100

A24

Can't read it myself. However, giving the caption for 1979's Alien a marquee that features the alien queen pretty much said it all for me.

Look at the titles! For a film critic, he's not so snobbish. Excalibur at #7? Bitter Moon at #10? Those are fairly unusual choices.

Can't read it myself. However, giving the caption for 1979's Alien a marquee that features the alien queen pretty much said it all for me.

You find one little layout mistake more important than the fact that Alien is rated so highly?

Indeed!

Look at the titles! For a film critic, he's not so snobbish. Excalibur at #7? Bitter Moon at #10? Those are fairly unusual choices.

TESB at number 1 though?

I can't take that manneke seriously....

I told you it's an unusual list, but I think it's a welcome change to the eternal Citizen Kane, The Third Man or Vertigo lists.

All the movies in their top 30 films ever made are from 1970-1986 apart from six of them....

TESB at number 1 though?

I can't take that manneke seriously....

I told you it's an unusual list, but I think it's a welcome change to the eternal Citizen Kane, The Third Man or Vertigo lists.

It's a pretty cool list, though to be fair on that point, this is just one guy. Kane, Vertigo, 2001, Godfather etc usually make up the consensus type lists, polls and things where they're just tallying up the most common inclusions from hundreds of submissions, but any individual list is bound to have different choices unique to the person making it, along with some of the usual suspects.

Did you ever see the list of critics and directors' personal Top 10 submissions for the 2012 Sight/Sound polls, and all the films that received votes? Those are fun to browse through, some of them are pretty wacky.

He says The Black Hole flopped because it was too dark, bizarre and Tarkovsky for the Star Wars crowd.

Perhaps it's time for us to reassess .. The Black Hole ?

Alex

Sure....

7347514F-6571-48D0-8170-8B117936960C_zps

You can see how the look of the one was based on the other (originally, they were going to call the robot B.O.R.G.9. . . .).