Mad Max: Fury Road - Academy Awards 2016 Best Picture Nominee (BIGGEST OSCAR SNUB EVER!!)

BloodBoal

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont love or hate the film.

I have nothing against it, I'm not attracted to this kind of post-apocalyptic films.

I only complain about the effects, i expected something great with all the praise and i found more of the same.

If so many people think the film is good. (acting, story...) then it must be so.

If so many people think the film is good. (acting, story...) then it must be so.

Acting and story? There's none of that. It's just action, action and nothing but action!

But what is it telling? The answer is action, action and nothing but action. It was all very shallow, in my book, emotionally and intellectually. Hey, it's Mad Max!

What he meant was he doesn't think there's much happening in Mad Max beyond the relentless action, and that in itself makes the action feel empty and rather pointless.

They're the only obvious CG bits, really.

(Yes, we know, Lukey, there was more obvious CG throughout the film...)

Add to the list the faker-than-a-rubber-toy two headed lizard.

OK, I'm willing to give you that (though I don't think it was as awful as you make it sound).

What he meant was he doesn't think there's much happening in Mad Max beyond the relentless action, and that in itself makes the action feel empty and rather pointless.

That's how you feel too, right?

Possibly. That, and the child. You change, when you become a father.

Watching an action movie before you're a father: "FUCK YEAH! BOOM! More explosions, give me more explosions!"

Watching an action movie when you're a father: "Wow. This looks dangerous. I wouldn't want that to happen to my child. And I certainly do not want him to watch that. That could give him ideas. This was rated R? This should have been NC-17! OK, I'm done with that. Bye."

More proof that kids ruin everything.

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't surprise me. Mad Max movies have always been standalone adventures. Yes, one could say: "But the Gyrocopter pilot was in both The Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdome!" Well yeah, but it's more of a cameo, really. And apparently, he's not even supposed to be the same character.

• 2 weeks later...