Return Of The King Live To Projection Concert at Rotterdam - April 19-21 2013

I have only seen FotR thusfar but it was a fantastic experience and among my most precious concert going memories. I am sure RotK performed live will knock the socks off your feet! :)

Heh. OK it should make the hair on your feet to stand on end then!

TTT live was awesome because instead of following the tracked music in the film, they went back to Shore's original intentions.

I dunno if they do that for ROTK or not

TTT live was awesome because instead of following the tracked music in the film, they went back to Shore's original intentions.

I dunno if they do that for ROTK or not

The Lighting of the Beacons with the original version of the music would be awesome.

Its not illegal if its on Youtube!

The concert was great.

The orchestra was very good. It often sounded just like the OST recording.

Choir was great. Less loud, but more clear.

American soprano Kaithlyn Lusk was a great stand in for both Renee Flemming AND Annie Lennox. (Her Into The West was beautiful)

Unusual experience, listening to a live orchestra AND watching a film. The orchestra was perfectly audible throughout. The dialogue was clear, the sound effects more subdued. (Im guessing they toned them down in this print)

All in all a great and recommended experience.

Yea, these concerts are quite spectacular, anybody remotely interested in the scores would probably enjoy them.

That he wants your bootlegs to himself. to add them to his massive collection, and put you out of competition.

Its not illegal if its on Youtube! The concert was great. The orchestra was very good. It often sounded just like the OST recording. Choir was great. Less loud, but more clear. American soprano Kaithlyn Lusk was a great stand in for both Renee Flemming AND Annie Lennox. (Her Into The West was beautiful) Unusual experience, listening to a live orchestra AND watching a film. The orchestra was perfectly audible throughout. The dialogue was clear, the sound effects more subdued. (Im guessing they toned them down in this print) All in all a great and recommended experience.

I am glad you enjoyed it. ;)

I had a similar experience with FotR, the orchestra sounding almost uncannily like the LPO recording and often times I almost forgot that we actually had a 200+ group of people performing in front of us and was sucked into the whole experience of the film. But it was a special delight to actually see the performers right there in front of you and there is always a special electrifying feel to these events. Kaitlyn Lusk was wonderful in FotR as well.

Thank you for the video Stefan!

I still get misty eyed during the Grey Havens in part thanks to Shore's beautiful music. :crymore:

Kaitlyn Lusk's interpretation of Into the West is indeed a beautiful one.

Thanks for the Videos Steef. I can't tell you how envious I am!

Did you manage to video any of the music from Siege of Gondor, A Coronal of Silver and Gold (Sauron/Mordor/Raith Music) :D

Wow, thanks for that vid and the other ones. Wish we had concerts like that in Toronto.

The LotR Symphony has had a couple of concerts here apparently, but that was before I ever started collecting film music :(

I once emailed the Toronto Symphony Orchestra to consider putting on such a concert and they said they'd consider putting on their next concert season program. But I have a feeling it won't happen....

For Frodo!

I once emailed the Toronto Symphony Orchestra to consider putting on such a concert and they said they'd consider putting on their next concert season program. But I have a feeling it won't happen....

They did!

Casablanca performed live to film next year!

http://www.moviesinconcert.nl/index.php?page=view&id=4708

There is a performance of FOTR live to film in Calgary I was gonna recommend, but The Internet tells me that's 2100 miles away...

http://www.moviesinconcert.nl/index.php?page=view&id=3271

Film version, sadly.

How were the acoustics? They're doing FOTR at the Stadthalle in Vienna soon, but after horrid acoustics the "symphony" had in the same location, I have little motivation to see it.

I saw the LOTR Symphony in what was basically a sports arena and that completely ruined it. (far too big so you could barely see the orchestra, and it was amplified, so all I heard was the shitty huge Bose speaker just in front of me.

The Doelen Theatre where I was last night is a proper concert hall, and has been the home of the Rotterdam Philharmonic for decades, to the acoustics were good.

I wish they'd to this in a proper concert hall here. Plus the orchestra, chorus and soloists they're using here are probably the cheap way out. I was toying with the idea of going to Munich for their live screening last month, but in the end I was too lazy.

I wish they'd to this in a proper concert hall here. Plus the orchestra, chorus and soloists they're using here are probably the cheap way out. I was toying with the idea of going to Munich for their live screening last month, but in the end I was too lazy.

Don't go, they're subpar.