The Music Of The Hobbit Films - Doug Adams' Book confirmed by Howard Shore

Bilbo

5 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Boromir and Gandalf in those pictures look really dodgy to me.

Yeah, everything else is fine but they look weird. 

10 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

You guys are just haters who like to hate for the sake of hating! I hate you!

We need to play the part of publicist, the discerning critic, here since he won't step into this subforum for love or money. So it is not hatred BB, just critique, and constructive at that. Next time do not add Gandalf and Boromir to legitimate press release quality PR material.

4 minutes ago, Incanus said:

We need to play the part of publicist, the discerning critic, here since he won't step into this subforum for love or money. So it is not hatred BB, just critique, and constructive at that. Next time do not add Gandalf and Boromir to legitimate press release quality PR material.

Fair enough!

Don't try to oversell it. I mean Doug Adams' face and COMING SOON... would have been enough.

Excellent! Now there is mystery but also hopeful sense of anticipation as Doug's face indicates it all is connected either to his project on music of silent films or the Hobbit/LotR in some way. Plus Doug is smiling so it is a good sign.

Now if only there was a way of using Gondor Reborn audio to underscore it to give it that sense of burgeoning hope and bright future.

3 hours ago, petaQ said:

Unfortunately they killed Saruman before he had a chance to build highways through the Shire. 

Hobbits, those descendants of rats, dared to stop the march of progress that was so wonderfully underway.

28 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

I'm sure it was Crooked Mithrandir who had him killed!

I have on good authority it was Greyhame himself who killed him but he is protected by the political elite. They covered up his vicious killing of more than 20 good goblin men over the years. Several orc witnesses would have been willing to testify but some of them were killed by masked strangely tall hobbit assailants and the rest are too scared to come forward.

I think everyone assumed his tweet was about the book to be fair.

Also I'm pretty sure that's a dodgy translation and Doug isn't preparing to spring his own score on us. 

14 hours ago, SafeUnderHill said:

So the movement in middle earth was referring to the Hobbit Book!

Let's hope this gives us a chance for complete recordings. Remember the snippets we've seen so far analyse the pieces in film order, not OST order!

Excuse me, but what snippets of the Hobbit Music book did we see ...?

I haven't caught glimpse of any snippets but then again I don't have my eye fixed on Doug's twitter page very frequently.

On 26/11/2016 at 2:30 PM, SafeUnderHill said:

See how it follows the score in film order. On OST, the Mithril theme plays at the start of the track 'Mithril' and the Laketown/Durin themes come at the end. Here we get the descriptions the other way around, like in the film.

The film actually presents the music in the correct order as composed.  The album swaps things around a bit.

On 26/11/2016 at 2:30 PM, SafeUnderHill said:

Also, Doug/Jim, isn't there actually five bars of HOUSE OF DURIN, not four as is stated in that draft? 

I make it seven bars!

1 hour ago, SafeUnderHill said:

Does Shore decide how to present material on the albums, and makes such decisions for flow?

Of course!  Who else would make that decision?

1 minute ago, BloodBoal said:

PJ or Pope!

Eventually everything leads back to them.

25 minutes ago, Jay said:

Of course!  Who else would make that decision?

Do we actually know this for a fact? Or have any actual evidence? Couldn't it be that Shore wanted the complete recordings released, but left their actual assembly to somebody else? Y'know, someone more interested?

I am pretty sure Shore chooses what goes on his OST albums himself.  And I don't really understand why anyone would think otherwise?

Howard Shore is credited as producer on all six Hobbit albums and ultimately selected which compositions to include.  Like any score with an extended recording schedule, the albums went through multiple editorial iterations before the final form was decided.

Well, yes.

Ultimately, the album producer is the person who selects the music included on the album. The composer may or may not be involved in this selection, depending on how thing goes/what the producer decides, but when the album producer is also the composer, there's no doubt regarding who chooses the music included on the album.

10 minutes ago, SafeUnderHill said:

So we think Shore decided the specific differences between OST and SE?

Yes, of course!  Why would you possibly think otherwise?