Honey I Shrunk the Kids (Horner) VS Honey I Blew Up the Kid (Broughton)

Honey I Shrunk the Kids (Horner) VS Honey I Blew Up the Kid (Broughton)  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which offering of blissful melodic wackiness do you adore more?

• Honey I Shrunk the Kids by James Horner
    • Honey I Blew Up the Kid by Bruce Broughton
  2. 2. Which silly little 90's family comedy adventure do you prefer?

• Honey I Shrunk the Kids
    • Honey I Blew Up the Kid

Hey, I might as well get in the act!...though I'm not sure how to have more than question in the poll like the other threads did (which score you like better VS which film you like better), so hopefully I got this right. 

Both are fun as far as 90's family adventure romps go, the first film I especially like for its beautiful stop-motion work, but the second one is oddly more to my liking for being even sillier. 

Score-wise, I do like Broughton's work more, but I have nothing against Horner's use of Powerhouse, as it DOES indeed fit perfectly. 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought his mellow theme - unlike other common Horner harmonies - was inspired by this:

The Broughton is the better score, all things considered, but Horner has better themes.

Did Horner get to delve into "wacky music" that often? The only examples I can think of are the Roger Rabbit cartoon "Tummy Trouble" and "We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story". 

Grinch has a lot of wackiness. Did Horner write this little song? I assume he did.

2 hours ago, Selina Kyle said:

Wow. I'm kind of freaking right now because I had no idea Horner scored that Roger Rabbit cartoon.

That blew my mind too, I only found out about it a couple years ago after he died and I was going back through all his stuff. I always loved that Maroon Cartoons opening (or was that Silvestri? can't remember if that was in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?)

Honey I Shrunk the Kids, because it's the only one I've seen (I actually watched it quite recently, for what I'm pretty sure was the second time). I didn't even know that other one existed. 

• 3 months later...