Complete Star Wars saga in 4K now available on Disney+

crumbs

In regards to the HDR or whatever, is it fair to compare a modern movie with ridiculous CGI effects and likely exaggerated overly processed visuals to the vintage comparatively normal look of the original movies? The contrast and colors look basically awesome on these new versions to my eyes, whereas years ago, they were redone to have a very low contrast look with dim washed out lasers and stars embarrassingly low on juice in addition to noticeable weird color shifts like the extremely blue scenes on the snow planet. That stuff I DID notice, not the colors of the buttons on Darth Vader's suit.

I'm no video expert, but these look good to me regardless of how much brighter or whatever the dynamic range on the new movies are.

On 11/16/2019 at 4:59 AM, Manakin Skywalker said:

Does anyone know if the Atmos mix for the prequels is in 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound? I'm guessing they'd be in 5.1, even though the Blu-rays were in 6.1.

... It's in Atmos. 

7 hours ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

... It's in Atmos. 

Yes, I know. Atmos can be in 5.1 or 7.1. I want to know which mix the prequels are in, considering the only description I could find said "5.1".