The Episode III Speculation Thread

tpigeon

I just wanted to start a thread about Episode III in general - for those that are fans of the prequels, what they think is gonna happen regarding the story or surprises; for those that aren't much of fans, why they think it's gonna be bad. It doens't really matter, just Episode III discussion.

I don't dig way deep into this stuff, but I honestly think that Mace Windu will turn out to be a villain.

Ted, starting controversy

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Padme will get pregnant with Anakin's kids.

I think Chewbacca will show up.

I think all the Jedi will die, except 2.

I think we will see the Millenium Falcon.

I think Count Dooku will die.

I think Bale Organa will take Padme and Leia with him to Aldeeran.

I think Obi-Wan will retire to Tatooine, giving Luke to the Buru's after wiping alot of their memories out.

I think Padme will discover Anakin wearing her black evening gown, and will leave him, not because he's a cross dressing mass murderer, but because he looked better in the dress than she did.

I am determined to make this the first thread ...... EVER regarding the SW Prequels where I don't bash them.

What am I expecting??

::Resist urge to bash DAMN YOU!!!!::

Hmmm lets see.....

-Anakin will kill Dooku (pretty much a given since he needs to be put out of the way to become Palp's man servant)

-Padme will die? OR will be presumed to die? Something needs to really set Anakin off.

-Obi-Wan and Padme will grow closer. Possibly causing Anakin's anger towards Obi-Wan to grow.

-Jar Jar will die (wishful thinkin but it might happen)

-The Jedi will be nearly wiped out (I wonder how Lucas will show this. I hope he has some balls and makes it pretty dark at least.)

-Luke and Leia will be born. Duh!

-Ben and Anakin will kick each other's ass.

-Anakin will fall into a Volcano and get the 2nd worst make over ever after Michael Jackson.

Thats about it.

-Rogue Leader who just achieved a milestone.

I think that Padme will get pregnant with Anakin's kids.

I think Chewbacca will show up.

I think all the Jedi will die, except 2.

I think we will see the Millenium Falcon.

I think Count Dooku will die.

I think Bale Organa will take Padme and Leia with him to Aldeeran.

I think Obi-Wan will retire to Tatooine, giving Luke to the Buru's after wiping alot of their memories out.

Er, that's Bail, Padmé and Beru (anyway, you meant 'the Lars'), spelling proffesor :sadwavey:

PS: Obi-wan does not have to erase any memories of the lars. They seem to know Obi-Wan, who was Vader and C3PO does not introduce himself to Owen, but Luke. They met R2 about one minute, and he was not called R2-D2, just R2, which is the general name for every R2 unit. Or that is what i remember.

I think there are going to be a couple surpises in this film that Lucas has up his sleeve. I feel this way becuase everyone thinks they know the territory and what's going to happen, and many of thse things do have to happen. But judging by the mysteriousness of Dooku and certain other story elements in Episode II, I think there are going to be some surprising revelations... one probably involving Qui-Gon.

Ted

Er, that's Bail, Padmé and Beru (anyway, you meant 'the Lars'), spelling proffesor  :sadwavey:

That's telling him,Luke.

KM

Yeah, really. It reminds me of when my physics teacher said "Be sure you don't make any grammical errors in your lab reports." Irony at its best.

Ray Barnsbury

I had a chemistry teacher that used the word "nucular".

Neil

I know what you mean. I hate when people do that.

Ted

Thanks for the re-direction, Conor. Anyway, what I am looking forward to in III is the return to the 70's look of the original Star Wars. I only hope that it happens the way starwars.com is boasting. Because I honestly didn't see that much of a progression between I and II when it comes to ship design and such.

Ted

Thanks for the re-direction, Conor. Anyway, what I am looking forward to in III is the return to the 70's look of the original Star Wars. I only hope that it happens the way starwars.com is boasting.

I hope they can make it as good as the Star Wars films made in the 70's.

Neil

Wow, you're correcting the spelling of the word "Padme" simply because of lack of an apostrophe? Puh-leeeeeeeeeease.

I think that Palpatine will present Anakin with the same scenario that he presented Luke at the climax of Return of the Jedi: kill the Sith at Palpy's side and take his place. Luke made the correct decision by casting his saber aside and not cutting down Vader, and thus setting into motion the inevitable triumph of Anakin Skywalker over Darth Vader, who then fulfills the prophecy and destroys Palpatine, but dying in the process. However, Anakin in his haste, will make the wrong decision and he will kill Dooku. Then, to quote Willem Dafoe's Agent Smecker from The Boondock Saints.......

THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT!!!

...and the greatest lightsabre battle EVER will take place between a rapidly falling -- if not fallen -- Anakin and Obi-Wan, and Kenobi will emerge, seemingly, the victor, and retrieve Skywalker's sabre from the lava into which Anakin's shattered body has fallen. However, Palpy's red goons will have been watching, and they'll take the body back to Palpatine, who will remake him into Darth Vader...

...and as this dark menace, the beginning of Obi-Wan's great failure, Darth Vader will kill Mace Windu. To me, that seems like the best and grandest death of his character that Sam Jackson could ask for.

I believe that C3PO will get his memories erased; R2 might not necessarily, but since there will be a span of time between their employment in the service of Anakin and Padme, and when they appear on the Tantive IV as Leia's droids, they might get their memories erased then for other uses. Besides, C3PO has to get his six million forms of communication from somewhere, unless all that info just came with the original hardware that Anakin built on Tatooine. To the society of the Star Wars universe, droids are second-class citizens (they're kept out of the cantina because the memories of the Trade Federation's evil droids are still fresh), built to serve a function; their memories and experiences are irrelevant, so yea, it seems like it'd be a shame for them to forget what happens in I-III, but they don't seem to know anything about their past in IV-VI, so bring on the big ol' delete key.

Padme will be pregnant with twins and should bear them, though how it's kept hidden from Anakin is beyond me. I really want to see Obi-Wan drop Yoda off at Dagobah on his way to taking Luke to live with the Lars on Tatooine; this would explain why Dagobah seemed so familiar to Luke when he crashed there in Empire.

To have the Millennium Falcon in the picture would be really neat, it may even explain Obi-Wan's comment to Han "Should I have [heard of the Millennium Falcon] ?" in the cantina if it turns out he used to fly it.

I don't understand why we're going to see Chewbacca, since he's a slave until freed by a young Imperial officer by the name of Han Solo, which coincidentally ruins his career. Unless Lucas plans to throw that story out the window, or have Chewie show up when Han's too young or not even born yet, like aboard a slave freighter or before being captured.

I want Jar-Jar to accompany Bail Organa and baby Leia to Alderraan (sp?) so that when Tarkin orders its destruction in Ep IV, perhaps Lucas would be kind enough to point out which pieces of the planet just happened to be Gungan guts...

I'm done, for now.

Hey, why can't i enjoy correcting people while they do it everytime they can? (and knowing i'm NOT english :angry: )

Ah, and i forgot to mention that it is Alderaan. (and you say like SW so much... :nono: ) :wave:

About the so-used 'the ships do not look alike', well why the Naboo have to do the ships in the same way the Rebels or Empire will do? I see the Naboo ships as what they meant to be art pieces, like everything from them.

The Neimodians base their creations on their world creatures (insects, see the Droidekas) and themselves (see battle droids resembling their skeletons)

The sith vehicles are personal ships that can be as their owners want them to be, and by the way the Sith Infiltrator is a cross between a TIE Interceptor and an Imperial Shuttle)

As you can see too, Republican ships are very close to Empire's. (Jedi Starfighter being a cross between an A-Wing and the looks of a Star Destroyer).

Expect more ISD like ships for EpIII in the Republic side. I hope they use the Victory Star Destroyer, supposed to be created in the Republic (and there was one model created for it for SW).

About Chewbacca, I expect him to be the bodyguard of the Senator of Kashyyyk. That way, when the Emperor rised to power and declared all non-humans lesser beings, he could be enslaved.

I've found the essence of this thread.

Speculation leads to hope...Hope leads to disappointment...Disappointment leads to indifference

----------------

Alex Cremers

Some quotes from Stefancos:

So, your thesis is that it is best to be without hope, for hope is the key to death and destruction?

I never said such thing! Read it again.

The Dark Side are they.

Stefancos, after RotJ, TPM, AotC, George Lucas made me turn to the Dark Side. You should join us.

Stefancos- who is very realistic about the chances of Ep III saving the prequels.

I thought I was being very realistic! There is not a doubt in my mind about the outcome of Episode 3.

----------------

Alex Cremers

I thought I was being very realistic! There is not a doubt in my mind about the outcome of Episode 3.

I can see the outcome too, that's the problem.

We will know what is gonna happen in Ep III, so, will there be any surprises.

No big ones i think.

Stefancos- who excists in both in the Light and Dark side

Stefancos- who excists in both in the Light and Dark side

That's impossible and you know it. You can tinker with the Dark side, but once you have embraced it, it will dominate your destiny forever. :devil:

;) <-emphazising emoticon

That's impossible and you know it. You can tinker with the Dark side, but once you have embraced it, it will dominate your destiny forever.  

thats why there should never have been any kind of redemption for Vader.

That's impossible and you know it. You can tinker with the Dark side, but once you have embraced it, it will dominate your destiny forever.  

thats why there should never have been any kind of redemption for Vader.

Thanks Joe! You just gave me another reason to hate Return of the Jedi.

Neil

I liked Ricard more, he loves ROJ :(

:P

Yeah, yeah Obi-wan was a (friggin') lier, Yoda was more powerful than him...

Luke, who believes in hope. (and yes i know A New Hope should not have been stuck to Star Wars neither... :music: )

PS:And by the way, you don't believe all the lies teachers and parents tell us, right?

Actually, I think is impossible to stay in only one side, either good or bad. We are all lingering between them, the Yin-Yang concept that Star Wars is about, there must be balance between the dark and the good side. Anakin did bring balance to the Force, but there were too many Jedis, so he brought more weight to the Dark Side, which was weak at that time. The prophecy was right, the intepretation was wrong.

He looks like Wilson, my cat with the species identity problem, who is named after a lesbian truck driver.

I think there are going to be a couple surpises in this film that Lucas has up his sleeve. I feel this way becuase everyone thinks they know the territory and what's going to happen, and many of thse things do have to happen. But judging by the mysteriousness of Dooku and certain other story elements in Episode II, I think there are going to be some surprising revelations... one probably involving Qui-Gon.

Ted

Yep. And it will piss everybody off because it won't happen the way they want it to. They are all right and Lucas is wrong.

:music:

Frosty

I've found the essence of this thread.

Speculation leads to hope...Hope leads to disappointment...Disappointment leads to indifference

----------------

Alex Cremers

Don't see Episode III then.

Frosty

I really want JW to bust out the SW music. There were so many times he could have thrown in the Star Wars main theme in the prequels. Why is he holding back? For instance, as discussed in another tread, I was watching AOTC and trying to sync up the "Love Pledge/Arena" track from the CD. It fits great, except toward the end, when Mace Windu steps into the Arena and Jedi show up. This is probably Lucas and Burtts doing. But anyway, if it were me, I would have played the Star Wars theme full throttle when all of the Jedi show up and ignite their sabers. That is a Star Wars moment right there, very heroic and you know when you see scores of armed Jedi, you're in for some intense action. Why not underscore it with the Main Theme from the saga. I mean, it seems silly to have the great Star Wars main theme playing over the opening scrawling text but then to not hear it anywhere else in the film. I mean, I think any of us could have tracked in better music than what ended up in the final film. Why not take advantage of existing themes. Anyway, thats what I am hoping for in Ep3, dominant themes, whether they are old or new.

Anyway, thats what I am hoping for in Ep3, dominant themes, whether they are old or new.

Could you clarify this statement? It almost sounds like you are supporting the use of tracked music, and I know that just cannot be the case, right?

Neil - who has an unusually violent reaction when hearing the tracked, edited and looped music in Attack of the Clones.

Anyway, thats what I am hoping for in Ep3, dominant themes, whether they are old or new.

Could you clarify this statement? It almost sounds like you are supporting the use of tracked music, and I know that just cannot be the case, right?

Neil - who has an unusually violent reaction when hearing the tracked, edited and looped music in Attack of the Clones.

NO, I definitely don't want tracked music, especially repetitive and boring tracking like the final act of AOTC was. My point was that, since AOTC was tracked, anyone on this board could have done WAY better than what was used (and reused) in the final film, given the hours and hours of music available from all previous SW films.

Regarding EpIII, no I don't want any tracked music at all. But I would like JW to use his themes, Imperial March, Yoda's Theme, The Main Theme and any new ones he comes up with AND for us to actually hear them during the film. Given Yoda's bigger role in the prequels than in the OT, I would like to have heard Yoda's Theme incorporated more into the prequel scores, same goes for the Main SW theme. Its the "Main Theme" afterall, why is he holding back? The Force Theme is the only one he seems willing to use the most. I think we really need to hear Luke and Leia's theme also, and more prominently than in ROTJ. Again, not tracked, but incorporated into the score.

Whether or not we get this will depend on the kind of film that Lucas gives us, I think. I'd like to hear more of Yoda's Theme but that's going to require Lucas to give us some scenes with Yoda that bring back some of the orginal triology magic not just having us watch Yoda passively discuss politics or whatever.

The same factors determine whether we hear the main theme, I think. For example, we only hear the main theme in Superman in full throttle when he saves the helicopter and you have shots of the crowd cheering (not counting the credits, of course). It was a heraldic scene that called for the heraldic rentition. In the Superman sequels with other composers using the theme, its used way too much. I think they thought the same thing - we've got this great main theme, why not use it at every heroic moment? The problem is the music doesn't really mesh with the scenes and it can actually cause a disconnect with the audience who subconscously are likely to feel manipulated and be taken away from the film.

The same goes with the Star Wars theme. There's never been a scene that would support a full blown statement of that theme, ouside the opening and end titles.

And, of course, I agree about the horrible edits in the prequels. The better the film that Lucas gives us and the less tinkering around he does with the edits, the happier we're all likely to be with the score.

- Adam

Yoda's entire fight sequence with Dooku in AOTC is made even more cheap by the total lack of Yoda's Theme anywhere during its duration. You see the little guy's shadow as he approaches to save the day, but just hear ambient filler music, and then the fight music itself is blang, blang, whatever, I forget, the music is that forgettable, like most of the music thus far in the prequels. I think the only time you hear the theme is when he's talking to the students about Obi-Wan's lost planet; is it "Yoda's Teaching Theme"? No, it's Yoda's Theme.

Yea, I know it's in other spots in the movie, but I only saw AOTC once the whole way through in the theatre over a year ago; it left me sick then, and I've not cared to see it again.

The same goes with the Star Wars theme. There's never been a scene that would support a full blown statement of that theme, ouside the opening and end titles.

What about the moment in AOTC that I described in my earlier post?

I would have played the Star Wars theme full throttle when all of the Jedi show up and ignite their sabers [in the Geonosian arena]. That is a Star Wars moment right there, very heroic and you know when you see scores of armed Jedi, you're in for some intense action.

Just that image of Jedi lighting their sabers and ready to kick some ass is as perfect a moment as any to throw in a quick, heroic quoting of the SW theme. Then all of the ensuing action could have been scored with little or no use of the Main Theme. I don't think thats overusing it, do you?

By that point though, we're at the tracked music segment. Chances are, Williams never got an oppurtunity to suggest anything, which means that it was probably Lucas and Burtt who decided on the music for that part. And let's think, burtt would much rather hear his sound effects than music so I'm sure he opted for that "quieter" music.

Ted

Here's a question: do you think there will be any tracked music in Episode III? Will Lucas and company be so foolish? After two films, you'd think that they would know what pace to keep during production and posot-production. By the time Williams sees it, the film should be practically done. But who knows? We can only hope that Williams has a full film to score, one that isn't constantly edited untl the last possible moment, and also one without missing scenes due to the insertion of visual effects as in the twenty minute battle in AOTC. My fingers are crossed.

Ted

Here's a question: do you think there will be any tracked music in Episode III? Will Lucas and company be so foolish? After two films, you'd think that they would know what pace to keep during production and posot-production. By the time Williams sees it, the film should be practically done. But who knows? We can only hope that Williams has a full film to score, one that isn't constantly edited untl the last possible moment, and also one without missing scenes due to the insertion of visual effects as in the twenty minute battle in AOTC. My fingers are crossed.

Ted

Because I'm a pessimist and I have no faith in George Lucas I'm going to say yes, I think there will be. However part of the reason that AOTC was tracked during its final act was because it was all CGI action sequences that Lucas kept tinkering with right up until the films release. Because of the chaos of the battle, this gave Lucas the opportunity to tinker with it because he doesn't need actors to tinker with generic action sequences. With the more personal storyline of the Episode III, hopefully the second half of the movie will involve conflict between individuals and not armies. Therefore, Lucas has to have his actors filmed and his scenes edited by early 2005. He can't rely on CGI clone troopers and space ships to make up his finale for Episode III. So the cut that Williams sees and scores should (I say SHOULD) be completed. But you can't trust Lucas who will have even more "advanced" technology and special effects by then.