John Williams dethrones Arvo Pärt as the most performed living composer. Congratulations maestro!

Fabulin

I love Pärt, but about time!

Of the others listed, I'm not familiar with the works of Kurtag and Rutter. Any recommendations?

Games for Piano may be Kurtág's best known/most prolific work (well, more of an accumulated collection).

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Rutter

He's very much a contemporary church (often but not always Anglican, specifically) composer, so if that's something you can be into, I highly recommend his Requiem.

3 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I thought Rutter's music would be too sweet for you, Stu.

He's not completely to my personal listening taste, but his music is well-crafted and perfectly suited to its intended setting (which is most often amateur performances by church choirs large and small, how I first became familiar with his name).

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

He's not completely to my personal listening taste, but his music is well-crafted and perfectly suited to its intended setting (which is most often amateur performances by church choirs large and small, how I first became familiar with his name).

I kind of like his music myself, but I do think some of it becomes too sugarsweet.

4 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

He's very much a contemporary church (often but not always Anglican, specifically) composer, so if that's something you can be into, I highly recommend his Requiem.

That's actually some of my favourite kind of music. Thanks for the info and clip (and you too, Holko, for the Kurtag).

21 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Wasn't some of this music used in the trailer for GRAND CANYON?