The "The Phantom Menace Lovefest" Thread

On 5/1/2020 at 9:03 PM, Erik Woods said:

Can someone please tell what recording this is?  It CAN'T be from The Phantom Menace sessions... and I can't place where this recording is from.

Thanks in advance.

-Erik-

That's absolutely from the Phantom Menace sessions; We've known about it's existence since it turned up in a video game, and it was re-confirmed to be so when it was on the cue log that leaked with the sheet music.  We've never gotten any insight into why it was recorded or anything, we just know that it was.  They used the published suite from 1977, bars 107-end.

• 2 weeks later...

I waited in a line that wrapped around my local theater the week before - I made it on the news - and had tickets for 10PM opening night.  Then I saw it again that Sunday, once more before it left theaters, and once again on the rerelease later that year.  And then one more time during the 3D rerelease.  Definitely the most I’ve ever seen a movie in theaters, rivaled maybe by Fellowship of the Ring when I worked at a movie theater and could see it for free.

I remember when the Duel of the Fates video premiered on MTV and it was requested to play over and over. My favorite part was when George Lucas says "Here", "Get ready and go!" and various other directorial Lucasian sayings. I'm not sure there had been hype for a movie like this since Batman and nothing since really seems to compare. This movie WAS hype. Now get to your ships.