WOW look at what if found at Amazon!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, who played the Emperor then?

Was that not Ian?

----------------

Alex Cremers-who hasn't seen TESB in ages and doesn't own a copy either.

Clive Revill did. The keyword being "did". I suspect that with the next Special Edition that Lucas is going to do after Ep III, it'll be McDiarmid from then on. Clive Revill will be thrown to the Rancor just like "Lapti Nek" and "Ewok Celebration".

Clive Revill did.  The keyword being "did".  I suspect that with the next Special Edition that Lucas is going to do after Ep III, it'll be McDiarmid from then on.  Clive Revill will be thrown to the Rancor just like "Lapti Nek" and "Ewok Celebration".

I can't remember but did the Emperor (Clive Redill) also speak in TESB?

----------------

Alex Cremers-who really needs to see TESB again because it's getting embarrassing but will wait until the Original Trilogy appears on DVD, if not, he will buy the laserdiscs transferred bootlegs.

I can't remember but did the Emperor (Clive Redill) also speak in TESB?

Yes he did. He spoke to Vader about Luke Skywalker.

Neil

"Skywalker must not become a Jedi."

Yeah...they didn't show Revill's face (it was the combo of an English grandma and cat's or monkey's eyes).

The CDs with the special edition poster covers were released in 1997. They started to appear in stores during the summer if my memory is right.

While I like the black book sets that were first released, I've been tempted to pick up the poster versions as well.

"Skywalker must not become a Jedi."

Yeah...they didn't show Revill's face (it was the combo of an English grandma and cat's or monkey's eyes).

So Revill was only credited for his voice, huh. I'll bet he's still saying that somewhere right now to impress some guy in a bar. "I was THE EMPEROR, man. I was..." Sure mister, I believe ya. Here, have another drink.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Clive Revill did.  The keyword being "did".  I suspect that with the next Special Edition that Lucas is going to do after Ep III, it'll be McDiarmid from then on.  Clive Revill will be thrown  

I am pretty certain that will happen and in this case I don't mind.The hologram Emperor in ESB is one of the few flaws of that movie and it makes no sence that he looks different from Return of the Jedi or the prequels.

K.M.

And if I had to re-buy my S.E. c.d.'s,I'd probably get those covers and go for the Jewel Case instead of the boolet because I have to keep the disks separate not to scratch them even more than they were in the first place.I also don't like the Lazer etch c.d.'s because I can never figure out very well which one is disk 1 and 2 in each set and on top of that SW is almost identical to RotJ set,so I'd rather have the picture disks.

Does the slim-line version have the same booklet and liner notes only inserted in the case brackets?

K.M.Who's "embossed" slipcovers for the booklet got destroyed just by looking at them.

I've seen those poster version jewel cases in stores. I have the ones with the medal-like fronts, but what's this about them booklet versions? Don't tell me their's like six different versions of the SE's out there too? :mrgreen:

- Marc, who will be 16 tomorrow. :)

:mrgreen: Montage from Jaws

Once again, why is Ian McDiarmid on the Empire poster?

Neil

And why is the TIE X1 Avenger there too? And why Darth Vader's Mask is from ROJ?....

By the Way, that poster is the best looking one from the SEs, in my opinion... (although the Executor could have been instead that Star destroyer... but then, it will be a little spoiler...to people who has not seen it yet...)

If Lucas tinkers with the old trilogy and does not change ESB's 'Emperor' to McMiarmird's, I'll kill him :)

And why is the TIE X1 Avenger there too?

Good point. His reference for those 3 TIE fighters in front was clearly from Star Wars.

Neil

Does the slim-line version have the same booklet and liner notes only inserted in the case brackets?

I had the "booklet-look" slimline edition because the booklet one of ESB wasn't available when I picked up ROTJ (of which it was available). I later sold it to a friend when I got the booklet ESB. The slimline booklet had the same contents as the booklet booklet, though with slightly different paginations. Also, the slimline version has the movie credits at the back of the booklet, which are missing from the booklet.

- Marc, who will be 16 tomorrow. :)

:mrgreen: Montage from Jaws

Merry happy birthday, then! Myself can't even remember when it was that I turned 16. Enjoy yourself, Marc!

:mrgreen:

Thanks. :angry:

Yeah, i've seen them in stores here.

I prefer the old versions actually.

Stefancos- who still needs the booklet version of TESB.

Stefan, do you mean you saw them in stores in The Netherlands!? Please tell me where.

MSM

This cover is way better:

CPC8-5015.jpg

That might be the Japanese Sarabande cover, as their covers are often different to that of the rest of the world? Can anyone confirm please?

-Tim

CPC8-5015.jpg

That might be the Japanese Sarabande cover, as their covers are often different to that of the rest of the world? Can anyone confirm please?

-Tim

The image comes from http://www.arksquare.com/ , so I would assume you're probably correct. It's the Gerhardt album.

I am actually more partial to the main SW: SE ESB release cover. There is something so cool about doing them in a metal dye-cast fashion.

CPC8-5015.jpg

I have the other Gerhardt cover but would buy this too, much nicer. The other is really ugly. And so it never ends.

----------------

Alex Cremers

There's a difference between Vader's mask in ESB and the one in ROTJ? Where?

- Marc, curious.

:) Man Against Beast from Jaws

Well i really do not know exactly, but that photo is from ROJ.

SW Vader has a different mask, and i think ROJ one is very shyny, thinking of it, ESB's is the same as ROJ...

I've seen them in Fame Music Store in the Kalverstraat in Amsterdam.

That's actually where I saw them too. It's a small world after all, eh?

- Marc