Your 2021 JW expansion predictions

Bounty95

I wonder if SW and Indy would fall under Disney's Legacy Collection banner? That brand almost looks abandoned, with no expansions in 3 years.

Weirdly I can't find any info about who produced those sets. Maybe they just have a pool of internal producers who handle everything at Disney Records. Hopefully they know about Mike's restoration work on JW's scores (it's a small industry in LA right?) but I can't see any projects with Disney Records listed on his website.

The Disney factor is the only thing that gives me pause about SW or Indy expansions, also that Mike would have complete creative control at such a large label. Looking at it optimistically, Disney would probably be the ones pushing for more music, rather than less, for marketing purposes.

29 minutes ago, crumbs said:

The Disney factor is the only thing that gives me pause about SW or Indy expansions, also that Mike would have complete creative control at such a large label. Looking at it optimistically, Disney would probably be the ones pushing for more music, rather than less, for marketing purposes.

I have no doubt that Disney is going to milk Star Wars releases for as long as possible.

With Indy, who knows.

21 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

With Indy, who knows.

It's a weird one because the new film is still 18 months away, Williams' involvement in Indy 5 is unclear, and Paramount owns home video rights for the existing films (while Disney controls all the music).

So even if Paramount releases 4K remasters this year, counterpart soundtrack expansions would be unrelated (unless someone in the SS or JW camps specifically instigated them with Disney, in line with the 4K remasters or Raiders anniversary).

I guess if JW can ask LLL for a 'Disaster box', he could ask for an Indy box too... :P

2 minutes ago, crumbs said:

It's a weird one because the new film is still 18 months away, Williams' involvement in Indy 5 is unclear, and Paramount owns home video rights for the existing films (while Disney controls all the music).

So even if Paramount releases 4K remasters this year, counterpart soundtrack expansions aren't assured.

All I want to know with anything in regards to disney and these films, is if disney can swallow their pride and hire MM to handle them.  Surely someone must know he's been handling JW's scores for the past few years remarkably.