Will we hear any original Star Wars themes on the Obi-Wan show in the next few episodes?

Will we hear any original Star Wars themes on the Obi-Wan show in the next few episodes?   

26 members have voted

1. 1. Will we hear any original Star Wars themes on the Obi-Wan show in the next few episodes?

2. 2. Do you think it is important that such references occur?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care as long as the music is appealing

The original music is very non-descript so far. I was surprised by the lack of a certain theme in ep 3. The accompanying music was instead appropriately heavy and dark, but not notable.

56 minutes ago, DarthDementous said:

I could swear I heard the main theme in Episode 3 but it may have just been a variation on the Obi Wan theme

18 minutes ago, Holko said:
  Hide contents

When Vader's stalking Obi between those piles.

If you mean 33:28 no, that's a statement of Obi-Wan's theme

image.pngimage.png original in c minor

at 33:28 it was transposed to Ab minor

I assume that one or two themes might be used in the final but that's it.
Unlike Mando, I find this really unappropriate to skip them. I already found that the absence of Boba's theme in BoBF was a poor move but at least it wasn't the most famous theme of the saga. No Imperial March after three episodes and two Vador's apparences is a complete nonsense, this theme define the character as much as his breath or helmet and therefore should have appear.

Yes

No

We’ve only seen half the story, and we haven’t seen the last of Vader (who in Star Wars looks back on his most recent encounter with Obi-Wan calling himself “the learner,” which wouldn’t be the case if the last encounter was the rag doll toss from episode 3).  We’ll hear some Williams Star Wars themes weaponized for maximum impact by the end of the story.

In other words, “tell me you don’t know what edging is without telling me you don’t know what edging is.”

If I’m wrong, I won’t really care either way.  These D+ series are their own deal and don’t necessarily need to feel “of a piece” with the PT and/or OT.  If I wanted to hear Williams’ themes I can always put on the OSTs or OT/TPM expansion albums.  If I wanted to hear awkward integration of them, I could listen to any of the other released spin-off, D+, animated, video game scores that are already out there.

5 hours ago, mstrox said:

Yes

No

We’ve only seen half the story, and we haven’t seen the last of Vader (who in Star Wars looks back on his most recent encounter with Obi-Wan calling himself “the learner,” which wouldn’t be the case if the last encounter was the rag doll toss from episode 3).  We’ll hear some Williams Star Wars themes weaponized for maximum impact by the end of the story.

In other words, “tell me you don’t know what edging is without telling me you don’t know what edging is.”

If I’m wrong, I won’t really care either way.  These D+ series are their own deal and don’t necessarily need to feel “of a piece” with the PT and/or OT.  If I wanted to hear Williams’ themes I can always put on the OSTs or OT/TPM expansion albums.  If I wanted to hear awkward integration of them, I could listen to any of the other released spin-off, D+, animated, video game scores that are already out there.

Wait, why does it necessarily have to be an awkward integration of the theme?

Additionally, what is it that you have in mind when you think of awkward integrations of them in all the things you listed? I’m thinking Rogue One but I only really have an issue with one statement of the Force theme there, would be curious to hear of similar instances

I don’t know what you mean about Kenobi not being of a piece when it’s smack dab in the middle between the PT and OT and deals with significant elements from both. It’s probably the least standalone piece of Star Wars media out there so far, hence the giant recap at the start