Your Favourite Movie Quotes

JTN

"Uh uh. I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?" 

“Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have fucked with? That's me.“

“- What's your name, dude?

- Uh, Mar… Eastwood. Clint Eastwood.

- What kind of stupid name is that?“

“I'm so damned fast I can wake up at the crack of dawn, rob two banks, a train and a stage coach, shoot the tail feathers off a duck's ass at 300 feet, and still be back in bed before you wake up next to me.“

“When I was your age, I put on twenty pounds of pure unadulterated blitz-the-quarterback-and-rip-his-head-off muscle, Russell!“

"- Wear your jewels to bed, Princess?

- Yeah... and nothing else. Shock you?

- Nothing shocks me. I'm a scientist."

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!”

“Sixteen years of marriage and my wife still won't eat Chinese food. It's crazy, especially since we met in a Chinese restaurant.“

"I WANT THE TRUTH!" 

"YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

"Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall -- you need me on that wall.

We use words like "honor," "code," "loyalty." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand the post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think you're entitled to!"

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

- The bandit, in the forest in Burma, did you catch him?

- Yes.

- How?

- We burned the forest down.

“Roy Knable, private dick. Well, better than being a public dick.“

Not from a movie but still very funny when you consider who said these lines:

"I've dwelled among the humans. Their entire culture is built around their penises. It's funny to say they are small, it's funny to say they are big. I've been at parties where humans have held bottles, pencils and thermoses in front of themselves and called out, 'Hey, look at me! I'm Mr. So-And-So Dick! I've got such-and-such for a penis!' I never saw it fail to get a laugh."

- Those people are trying to kill us!

- I know, Dad!!

- This is a new experience for me.

- It happens to me all the time.

WE'RE NOT HERE TO DO THE DECENT THING WE'RE HERE TO FOLLOW FUCKING ORDERS!

HE WAS ON THE GROUND BEFORE WE HEARD THE SHOT!

I wouldn't venture out there fellas, this sniper's got talent.

"There are many decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing"

- Do you ever feel lonely?

- Only around people.

We could make a game out of this, guessing each quote, but it would require not cheating, and I’m not sure that all of us can do that. :) 

Like this comment if you want to give the guessing game a try. 

11 minutes ago, JTN said:

We could make a game out of this, guessing each quote, but it would require not cheating, and I’m not sure that all of us can do that. :) 

Like this comment if you want to give the guessing game a try. 

Yeah. That'll do nicely.

1 hour ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

"Ah! Mushrooms."

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring