A thought on Ep VII-IX

NeejaHalycon

Like a virus, destroying what it encounters.

No my friend! Like a wave! Washing cleamn everything that is flows over. The word of Giacchino will bring salvation to us all! It will give life to the dying soundtrack market.

Accept the new kind of film music and recieve salvation brother!! ;):P;)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want Giacchino to replace Williams? Now? Be careful what you say, or we'll staple you to that woe-tree thing. :)

- Marc

Its Crucify him on the Tree of Woe!!! DAMN YOU!!! :)

If your gonna quote Conan the Barbarian get it straight.

As for Williams doing Episodes 7-9. Williams would either be too old to score them or no longer alive.

Like a virus, destroying what it encounters.

No my friend! Like a wave! Washing cleamn everything that is flows over. The word of Giacchino will bring salvation to us all! It will give life to the dying soundtrack market.

Accept the new kind of film music and recieve salvation brother!! ;):sigh::(

HALLELUJAH

SPREAD THE GOSPEL OF GIACCHINO

No Goldsmith and now this travesty

Yeah, but I've said this before. I don't know where to begin. I've built the basics of a JW collection (although it'll never be a true collection, just most of his scores - a collection's when you try to get everything, I won't do that). But there's so much Goldsmith. Is there a full release of ST: TMP? And what of Conan? What's a good release for that one? I've got the basic JW covered now, I think (with the exception of the Indy scores), and now I'm just browsing other composers. I like Newton Howard, from what I've heard from him, but it's not much. I got the ID4 OST yesterday, which I really like (but only 50 minutes?! What the hell?). I just need some funds for this. :sigh:

Stefancos- not sure how Marc can think of himself as a film score fan.

I am a film score fan. I'm just still very much a greenhorn. :(

- Marc, who finally got his BttF replacement DVD's today.

Yeah, but I've said this before. I don't know where to begin. I've built the basics of a JW collection (although it'll never be a true collection, just most of his scores - a collection's when you try to get everything, I won't do that). But there's so much Goldsmith. Is there a full release of ST: TMP?

Not a legal one, but there is a perfectly acceptable 60 + munite release out there

And what of Conan? What's a good release for that one?

There are 2 releases, the best is the 16 track version from Varese, but yopu'll never find that in a dutch CD store (and if you did i'd have to track you down and forcebly remove it from your possesion)

The 12 track Milan version is also supposed to be long out of print, but you can actually still find it in CD stores.

I've got the basic JW covered now, I think (with the exception of the Indy scores),

Another travesty!!!

and now I'm just browsing other composers. I like Newton Howard, from what I've heard from him, but it's not much. I got the ID4 OST yesterday, which I really like (but only 50 minutes?! What the hell?). I just need some funds for this. :sigh:

Some sort of job, might be handy.

I am a film score fan. I'm just still very much a greenhorn. :(

Stefancos- and old and weathered oak.

Nope. Haven't heard the score either.

- Marc, who now has a branch on the tree of woe all for himself. :sigh:

YOU HAVENT HEARD THE SCORE EITHER!?!?!?!

FOE GODS SAKES MAN!!!! GET A COPY NOW!!!!!

That is like one of the best scores of all time. :(

Yeah, I'm looking for a job. Quit buggin' me. I've got my parents for that. :)

And the Indy scores are all out of print as far as I know, so I can't get those any time soon either.

- Marc, who'll stick with his Williams for the time being.

Hey show some charity dammit! Its Christmas!

Or at least it was ......

I guess Marc was a bad boy this year and Santa decided to leave him a Graeme Revell score in his stocking. The musical equivalent of a lump of coal. ;)

I would set it many years after ROTJ. Like 100 or so. I'd rather see new characters rather than bringing back the old ones from the Classic Trilogy.

That goes without saying. No sudden Chewbacca comebacks!

----------------

Alex Cremers

If they were to make a movie set a hundred years later, I bet they'd get Luke or Chewie very, very old, much like Dr. McCoy in ST:TNG and Spock or Scotty... they will find a way :sigh:

:wave: Music from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (Howard Shore)

I would have Luke finally get laid.  

I think after saving the galaxy hes earned himself a nice piece of ass to get his lightsaber all up in! :sigh:

Yes, yes! At least a scene where he pays a call girl... if I were him I'd get the 18 year old...

*cough*the one with the fake ID*cough*

:wave: Music from The Lord of the Rings (Howard Shore)

I would have Luke finally get laid.  

I think after saving the galaxy hes earned himself a nice piece of ass to get his lightsaber all up in! :P

Yes, yes! At least a scene where he pays a call girl... if I were him I'd get the 18 year old...

Dammit! Luke shouldn't have to pay for his booty! Women of every SW race should be lining up to give him some for saving the galaxy.

PErhaps we could have something a little exotic since this is Star Wars.

Perhaps Skywalker could do a threesome with a Wookie and a Gammorean ................ WHAT? :wave:

There are 2 releases, the best is the 16 track version from Varese, but yopu'll never find that in a dutch CD store (and if you did i'd have to track you down and forcebly remove it from your possesion)  

The 12 track Milan version is also supposed to be long out of print, but you can actually still find it in CD stores.  

I have just bought the Milan version for a nice price. I kind of did it because of the reactions on this board (and after all, it wás a nice price): this better be good Stefancos :wave:

(Oh, and there's another one lying in the Fnac in Gent, for those of you interested.)

I also finally bought Jane Eyre, the remastered version!

And Neil, I found neither the Star Trek cd nor Total Recall, but I grabbed The Omen, I can't complain.

But I díd see a Total Recall soundtrack, but it wasn't the Deluxe version. Do you think I should have bought it?

Greetz!

I got the ID4 OST yesterday, which I really like (but only 50 minutes?! What the hell?). I just need some funds for this.  

Marc, I'd get the almost complete bootleg of the score. Definitely a must!

And the Indy scores are all out of print as far as I know, so I can't get those any time soon either.  

I frequently see the Last Crusade lying in stores, and it's not that expensive. I also used to see Raiders and the Temple of Doom, but that's a longer while ago...

The original Total Recall album is great, but the deluxe is about 30 minutes longer and in print. I wouldn't settle for the shorter right now.

Couldn't find TMP? Keep up the search. You'll find it at some point and it's certainly worth the effort.

If you like The Omen then by all means check out Goldsmith's scores for Damien and The Final Conflict.

Neil

And for all the Omen scores goes the same: Always get the deluxe editions. Some nice new music, and most importantly, greatly remastered sound. Especially for Final Conflict, which had really bad sound for it's original CD release...and as far as I am concerned, that's one of the best scores ever.

Marian - still waiting for Great Train Robbery DE.