Potterdom Film/Score Series Thread

JoeinAR

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm. I'm not sure what's the worst movie I've seen in the theatre. I guess it'd either be Wild Wild West or Flubber. Even The Day After Tomorrow was better than those two.

Hm. I'm not sure what's the worst movie I've seen in the theatre. I guess it'd either be Wild Wild West or Flubber. Even The Day After Tomorrow was better than those two.

Oh that's easy. Battlefield Earth.

Neil

I think it does look a little like the basilisk. Looks good though.

I was always disappointed in the conception of the basilisk for the film. I thought it would have these huge yellow eyes since they are emphasized so much, but all we got were these little slits.

http://www.onetakewatson.com/Pictures/disp...9047&fullsize=1 That's a large promotional poster for GoF... Score composed by Patrick Doyle... But the funkylicious thing is, is that it gives no reference to a rock group... Or anything like that... Cause I've seen some movie posters that say Score by: Someone and then some other music credit that said something about the rock group that did some songs for the movie.... ANYWAY... ... Yeah. :(

It's strange that the title is in the same silver metallic font that PoA was in. They should change it up a bit.

Justin - Who also thinks the fact that it says "SCORE Composed by..." Is not a good omen....

WAT?!11!!! OI THORT IT WOZ GUNNA BE BY KLAUS BADELT OR HOWARD SURE FROM LOTR!111!11!11!! DIS SUKS!!11!!!!111 HEHE LOL OMG LEGOLAS IS HOT

:wave:;)

And it's funny 'cause, well, things like this really do exist on those HP sites. :|

The poster looks like crap. Also the dragon looks like a doll.

Not many movies can surpass cinematic masterpiece that is Chamber of Secrets.

K.M.

:wave:

I don't think it's official, considering the teaser poster hasn't even been released yet. The "Score Composed By" would have me worried if I thought this was actually official. Wait for the poster closer to November, I'm sure it'll say "Music By".

HPFAN_2, you're a Negative Nancy. The same thing happened with PoA, and lo and behold, you hated it when you saw it. Any wonder, you bagged out the film BEFORE YOU'D EVEN SEEN IT. You're not even trying to like them. Anything that wasn't touched by the hand of Columbus musn't be pure. How sad. You need to be more of a Positive Penny, like me!

K.M.Pretty sure he posted something a half hour ago that dissapeared

I know! I had this same thing the other day. In fact I wrote a brief paragraphic post about the meaning of life (=music) and the beauty of arguments etc (in the hijacked 'I Hate Palpatine' thread) but I think God deleted it in fear of the actual meaning of life being exposed!

K.M.Pretty sure he posted something a half hour ago that dissapeared

me to KM, I posted something on the TV dvd thread in the other topics, then later it was gone.

The poster is just plain jane at this point btw, but I like that it says new music by Patrick Doyle.

Actualy i'm not trying to be overly negative. The dragon just looks bad. When i was younger i had a T-Rex action figure from Jurassic Park made out of rubber that looked much better than that. But it doesn't mean anything, if you look at Buckbeak off screen he also looks kinda fake. I'm sure they will work wonders with the dragon. Also the poster just looks bland and boring.

Are posts really disappearing from the board?  That's odd, as I can tell you I'm not deleting anything.

Neil

I cannot say about others, but I know mine did.

Perhaps you have multiple personalities?

Perhaps I'm asking a serious question and would really like to know if there is a problem with the board.

Neil

One post of mine did too, if I'm not too dumb to find it (not sure in which thread I posted it, there are so many Star Wars related ones right now...). It was a comment about working track titles, and I mentioned "Ben creeps around".

So Marc, do you remember my post about getting the Night Court dvd's

So Marc, do you remember my post about getting the Night Court dvd's

I don't remember it, even though I might have read it - I probably wouldn't remember because I've never heard of Night Court. :)

Perhaps you have multiple personalities?

Perhaps I'm asking a serious question and would really like to know if there is a problem with the board.

My apologies. I've had no problems. :)

Justin

I probably wouldn't remember because I've never heard of Night Court.  

its quite possibly the funniest show ever on American TV.

I probably wouldn't remember because I've never heard of Night Court.  

its quite possibly the funniest show ever on American TV.

That's too much of a stretch, IMO. But it is very funny. :)

John- who, as far as he can tell, has not had any vanishing post issues.

The dragon looks pretty good, I'm glad there's at least some kind of physical representation of it rather than deciding to do it all with CG. Then again, Buckbeak started out as an animatronic too.

About the poster, do we know that it's really official? Just wondering. It's very blah.

Ray Barnsbury

The dragon looks pretty good, I'm glad there's at least some kind of physical representation of it rather than deciding to do it all with CG.  Then again, Buckbeak started out as an animatronic too.

Fawkes,on the other hand,was an animatronic in the movie but should have been CGI.

K.M.

About the poster, do we know that it's really official?  Just wondering.  It's very blah.

Well, it's a scan from a magazine, so it's certainly an official advertisement, but that doesn't necessarily mean we'll see it hanging in theatres I think.

Fawkes,on the other hand,was an animatronic in the movie but should have been CGI.

K.M.

Or at least a better anamatronic. I don't know if I've ever seen one that looked worse in a major film.

I loved its eyes though. I'll admit that its movments were jerky and pretty unrealistic, but up close its face and eyes were very evocative. Then again, I'm sure the music had some something to do with that. :)

Ray Barnsbury

Don't forget, you're looking at an actual photo of a non-moving animatronic dragon. Why don't we all wait until we see the cinematic representation of it? It will look much different in context of the scene, and everything else that is going on around it. I would figure that for the actual challenge it will be CGI, and the animatronic version will only be slightly used in a dark scene where you can hardly see it (you know, to build suspense i.e. Jaws...) then we will see the dragon in all its CGI glory in day light.

Tim - Just making things up as he goes along.

Tim is correct, we heard the same arguement last year(possibly from the same individuals) when we saw photo's of Buckbeak for the first time, and Buckbeak turned out to be the very best visual effects of the year if not the entire 21st century.

Today is the last day of principal photography for GOF. There were be some secondary work, and some later pickup shots and possibly last minute changes or corrections.

does anyone know the name of the big band number that was used in "the prisoner of azkaban"? i've been looking for it for over three years now, and it keeps turning up in things just to rub my nose in it.

it's in the scene with the monsters in the cupboard (or something like that).

cheers

"La Cumparsita"

Written by Gerardo Matos Rodríguez

Performed by Alfred House Orchestra

Courtesy of Laserlight

By Arrangement with Source/Q

And welcome. :P

- Marc

No, that's not true

You can hear La Cumparsita at the Dursleys

The scene Stepmasta is talking about is the DADA scene with Lupin.

That's music written by John Williams... for 1941!