Potterdom Film/Score Series Thread

JoeinAR

I just listened to it and the opening bars are the same as the Teaser opening (before "Something Wicked") but in a different key. Hedwig's Theme is heard twice, near the start and the end and it doesn't sound like a real celesta, unless it isn't one. It's still hard to determine it's authenticity but at this stage I'm leaning towards synthesised.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is now a downloadable version at

www.the-leaky-cauldron.org

I'm now %100 sure that it is Williams music. They sped part of it up so it sounded synth there. It sounds to me like a great, genuine Williams piece.

actually I agree, if you listen carefully part of it is Something Wicked this Way Comes interpolated.

he hasn't really had time, but I am sure now it is all WILLIAMS, now that I can hear it well.

You know I wonder if Magic Box didn't simply provided the synths for the cue. You know they took Williams sheet music and put it into their synths. I really hope it is Williams. :)

Justin

I've listened to the audio from the trailers several times and compared it to the trailers for the two previous films and I'm thinking that the new audio isn't synthesized at all, just heavily compressed. The celesta and choral parts in the old trailers have that "synth" sound too and we know that wasn't the case. These latest PoA files are just compressed even more, having been grabbed from lower quality sources.

As for who composed the music, if I were to bet money on it, I'd have to agree with K.M. and Joe in saying Williams did. The Magic Box guys likely just adapted the music to the trailers much like William Ross did for the CoS film.

Whatever the case may be, I'm really eager to hear what the Maestro has written for the new movie. I've been re-visiting the PS/SS and CoS discs quite a bit lately in anticipation. I've really come to appreciate the Chamber of Secrets theme much more in doing so. I've always thought it was a great piece, but up until recently, Fawkes' theme was my favorite track. However, the Chamber theme is really a perfectly dark counterpoint to the more benevolent Hedwig?s theme and shows a nice progression which I'm sure will continue with PoA.

I love the part right after Harry says why would I go after someone who wants to kill me, its so uplifting.

I can only imagine the darkness of the music to the dementors.

This is going to be an outstanding score I believe.

They should've gotten some big KNOWN director for the 4th HP film.

Someone REALLY big. I dunno if directors like that would take a HP film but maybe if they were offered enough money.

Who would be good? Spilberg is out obviously, but maybe somebody close to him.

George Lucas? Tee hee, just wanted to see everyone's reaction.

A lot of people think that Peter Jackson should. He would be quite good but it's just the wet dream of a LotR/HP fanatic.

I can't honestly think of anybody seriously.

None of us have even seen POA and he's bitching about the 4th film already, he hasn't a clue???

The 5th film is gonna be an utter dissapointment compared to the 3rd and 4th.

yeah they shouldn't have asked Naomi Watts to play Umbridge, what are they thinking.

Anybody see the news on the main page? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?  

Neil

unfortunately yes, that means unless AOL releases it, we have to wait almost as long as we do for the film.

Joe, who wants to strangle Nigella Larson right now as she butchers here words

George Lucas? Tee hee, just wanted to see everyone's reaction.

A lot of people think that Peter Jackson should. He would be quite good but it's just the wet dream of a LotR/HP fanatic.

I can't honestly think of anybody seriously.

Peter Jackson?

HELL NO!!

I think HP might seem like a bit of a spoof compared to LoTR. (I don't think so, but after making something that had 50+ years to it and a whole mythology, the HP world may be a bit small)

Why do you say that Rogue? Have you seen HP4? What do you.....

oh forget it...

Justin - :|

What is the friggin problem? :)

I didn;t say the 4th film was going to suck.

I said they should've gotten someone more well known and accomplished.

A major director to go along with what will be "The biggest" HP film (at least budget-wise).

Seriously some of you people can be really dumb when you read into comments too much.

I made no negative implications about the 4th movie but now you have me making it out like I am calling it crap. :)

I swear some of you friggin people must bloody be reading text that I cannot see because you folks are reacting in ridiculous manners.

Sorry but this post and Joe's below it REALLY pissed me off.

From now on I would appreciate if my comments would be taken at face value without people trying to read into them like there is some hidden message contained within.

LET ME REPEAT AGAIN: All I said was they should've tried to get someone more WELL KNOWN to be the director of the 4th film.

THATS ALL I SAID!

I didn't say the 4th film was going to suck at all.

Yeah that news of the main page was cool.

However, it says the UK gets this soundtrack first.

That ain't fair dammit! :)

Sure the books may be British but the COMPOSER IS AMERICAN!

At least you're not Australian, we always seem to get everything about a week after the rest of the world. Of course, I use the expression "rest of the world" loosely; meaning just America and the UK. :)

And Naomi Watts is Australian, heh.

Of course, I use the expression "rest of the world" loosely; meaning just America and the UK

Well there's a language barrier and greater cultural barrier to the rest of the world other than those isn't there. :)

I've always imagined Angela Lansbury as a good Umbridge. But perhaps she's to old.

A few fans are after Madgda Szubanski to play Umbrdige. For those who don't know her, she's a talented Australian actress/comedian who is most famous for her involvement in sketch shows like Fast Foward and of course plays Sharon in Kath and Kim. Of course, if you're not Australian, she played Mrs Hoggett in the Babe movies. She is an awesome woman, exceptionally funny but way too nice to play Umbridge. I love her too much to see her playing a character I despise.

I think that whole rumor about Naomi Watts being approuched for umbridge is so crap, i have no idea where these rumors come from or who makes them up. I read it on mugglenet, its just as bad as the rowen atkinson for voldemort. There isn't even a director for the 5th one yet. I reckon the 5th movie could be great, its my fav in the series at the moment, but it all depends on the script. I hope Kloves does a good job with it (presuming he stays with the project). I hope Cauron comes back to direct it, but are you guys serious when say the 5th one will suck? because if you are, i dont see which angle you are coming from.

Joel-Dying for the third film and the soundtrack

Joel, Stefan and I were just poking fun at Rogue Leader.

The orchestra is British.

Marian - :)

;) Naqoyqatsi (Philip Glass)

So?

The one who creates the music is more important than those who perform it. ;)

Tim Burton would make a great HP director. I would also love to see a Williams/Burton collaboration... and even if Williams had left the franchise by then, I would still love to see Elfman compose a score using JWs original themes and the LSO!

Jeff - living in dreamland...

"Featuring the Song "Something Wicked This Way Comes" (Music by John Williams, Lyrics by William Shakespeare)"

This sounds cool!

the castle looks very fake on this pic IMO

looks great to me.

I don't see anything wrong with the castle.

How cool is it,after a year and a half a new Williams c.d. is really on the horizon.I'm surprised the MB survived the drought do well.

What if Williams score is rejected like Silvestri's Pirates of the Carrabean as they opt for a trendy synth percussion score instead....

K.M.

What if Williams score is rejected like Silvestri's Pirates of the Carrabean as they opt for a trendy synth percussion score instead....  

that wont happen