Looks Like OOTP Director Has Been Named...

Saxbabe

It is David Yates.

According to HPANA.com - Nov. 29:

David Yates confirms 'Order of the Phoenix' role

Posted by GERI

Source: This is Wiltshire via Wizard News

British newspaper This is Wiltshire has a brief interview with the next director of a Harry Potter film, David Yates. Mr. Yates confirms that he will be directing Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix:

I will be directing the film but there are a few more details to be finalised on the deal over the next week.

According to the article shooting for the fifth film will start late next year for release in 2007.

Wizard News Link

IMDB - David Yates Filmography (showing OOTP is official)

Know nothing about him, or his movies. British, I gather?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should make the films faster, not waste time over choosing directors etc.; it'd be a pity if they would have to hire different actors.

They should make the films slower, not rush into it with a half formed script. And they should choose directors who there is reason to believe are competent enough to film a Potter film. And they should split each book up into 2 movies.

From what I see on his filmography, he has only done ONE full-length film TO DATE. :?

He's doing Brideshead Revisited, which is in pre-production, and OOTP will be only his third....

Do you people realize that the actors on 90210 were in there 20's and 30's and they were supposed to be high school students. Also the kids in the HP series are a year older each book, so their ages are not going to be a factor.

They should make the films slower, not rush into it with a half formed script. And they should choose directors who there is reason to believe are competent enough to film a Potter film. And they should split each book up into 2 movies.

I agree, you know. Plus they should keep the actors. ROTFLMAO

Do you people realize that the actors on 90210 were in there 20's and 30's and they were supposed to be high school students.

Yes, and they were not believable as high school students.

Also the kids in the HP series are a year older each book, so their ages are not going to be a factor.

I think it's already a factor. In HP3, they didn't seem like 13 year old, but 15 or 16 year olds.

Yeah, and the age difference will look even bigger in GoF. Still, I'd rather they keep all the actors and take the time to make sure the script and everything else are good to go. We'll just have to live with the age issues. It was inevitable really.

This is reason enough why you shouldn't work in the film industry.

I'd rather see them stretch the running time towards three hours. Splitting the books in two is a very bad idea.

Or maybe they should just try condensing the material more in the screenwriting process. I'd like to see how this is handled in GoF, now that Steve Kloves has left. His scripts stuck way too much to the books.

This is reason enough why you shouldn't work in the film industry.

Indeed, it is not at all practical. But if they want better films, and if you want better Potter films, I see no recourse other than to find some way to have a 4 hour running time (at least). The third was episodic and crammed so much into so little time. If it would've been 4 hours long it would be A. a better movie B. It would seem shorter. The third you got a sense that there was so much, I felt I needed a break (thank god for intermission). If it would've been longer, it would've been more developed, and far more flowing. And the third book is tiny compared to the fourth. I think they'll have to be particulaly brilliant to pull off a viable movie.

Actually they did not seem 15 or 16 in the last film, they WERE 13 and 14 when filming so stop exagerating to make your stupid point already!!!! Whine WHine WHine, that's all there is on this board these days... Bloody hell!!!

2007?

Radcliffe and the other people will look very old when they finish the series!

they'll be within months of the characters they are supposed to be playing Luke, don't be an idiot.

Actually they did not seem 15 or 16 in the last film, they WERE 13 and 14 when filming so stop exagerating to make your stupid point already!!!! Whine WHine WHine, that's all there is on this board these days... Bloody hell!!!

Well......then I guess they're very mature for their age.

yes Morlock, despite your erroneous opinion, the kids in POA were the right age

kids are EXTREMELY different these days to how my generation was at their age..... There's so much out there for them to absorb nowadays that they grow up much faster.

Kids are very mature for their ages today. . .something in the water.

Oh no, there's more then there were before but a ton of us are less mature I'd say.

Well, I used to be really worried about how fast they're all growing and their appearances for future films, but now I watch the movies and don't even notice, nor really care. It just doesn't matter.