46 members have voted

1. 1.

• Star Wars
    • Star Trek

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Star Trek for me. It has provided countless more hours of enjoyment for me. Even though I "only" like the original series and The Next Generation and the feature films, that is far more hours than the 4 hours of enjoyment that Star Wars has given me (the approximate combined running time of Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back).

Sure, Star Trek is not perfect ("Spock's Brain" anyone?) but I'd rather take that then the mess that is Attack of the Clones or Return of the Jedi.

Now, what's worse, Attack of the Clones or Voyager? That's a debate I don't want to touch. :baaa:

Neil

i went on how many times I've seen SW as compared to ST...I'd have to go with ST for hours of enjoyment!

(but SW for hours of MUSICAL enjoyment!)

Now, what's worse, Attack of the Clones or Voyager?  That's a debate I don't want to touch.  :baaa:

Neil

Since I like them both, its hard to say. But lets see Seven of Nine or Padme. Sorry but Seven of Nine has more to padme, than Padme could ever have. Sorry for the extremely bad pun.

Besides Voyager ended well, in fact the last 4 years were quite good, and the last season, was like all the last seasons of NG and DS9, the best of the shows.

I love both Star Wars and Star Trek, but there are countless hours of Star Trek that I love more than SW. Since this poll has been done before the outcome is mute. Here at JWFAN.COM Star Wars wins easily.

I agree with Joe. I really liked Voyager and even miss it more than TNG now that it has ended. Don't take me wrong, TNG was great, but the last couple of seasons you could see it was winding down, while Voyager was still in its prime.

The only Trek series that I don't miss that much is Deep Space Nine, because it commited what for me is the worst possible sin:

In one of the season finales, the writers placed themselves in a no-win situation with a space battle between Sisko and the Federation and the Dominion that you just knew the Dominion would win. How did the brilliant writers resolve it? They made the Prophets (aka, the Hand of God) intervene. What a cop-out! What betrayal to the characters and the fans! The reason why The Best of Both Worlds works so well is that after they're placed in a no-win situation, the crew still manages to pull out of it by their ingenuity.

I just lost total respect for DS9 after that episode...

I went with Star Trek. I am more of a Trek fan, and the music, at least Goldsmith's, is more a part of my life, not to say that William's music isn't. I also feel that Star Trek is on a more intellectual level, or at least a different one, which appeals to me. It is also an optimistic view of our future, except for the absence of capitalism, while Star Wars has nothing to do with us. I like them both, however.

~Conor

I assume this poll was reffering to the scores only, it's unfair to compare them otherwise.

I voted for Star Trek. As melodic and sophisticated as Williams score is, Goldsmith goes one better, he conjures up a vast feeling of space and epic grandeur, and injects a lean muscularity and timeless quality that Star Wars is lacking.

AI

Star Wars by a bloody light year!

The two should not even be compared.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it:

THE WORST SW FILM TPM IS STILL 10 TIMES BETTER THAN THE BEST ST FILM! :)

Sorry to all the ST fans on here but that is how I feel.

Star Wars provides the kind of entertainment that Star Trek can only dream of.

Sure it may only be just 3 films (I don't count AOTC and TPM as true SW) but IMO even 1 SW film taken by itself is better than all the ST combined.

Once again, sorry to those who take offense but sometimes you gotta tell it like it is. :)

Besides Voyager ended well, in fact the last 4 years were quite good, and the last season, was like all the last seasons of NG and DS9, the best of the shows

Last season of DS9 was pretty poor I thought....

In one of the season finales, the writers placed themselves in a no-win situation with a space battle between Sisko and the Federation and the Dominion that you just knew the Dominion would win. How did the brilliant writers resolve it? They made the Prophets (aka, the Hand of God) intervene. What a cop-out! What betrayal to the characters and the fans! The reason why The Best of Both Worlds works so well is that after they're placed in a no-win situation, the crew still manages to pull out of it by their ingenuity

Ohh come on, the prophets interveneing is more believeable and less cliched than them solving it due to ingenuity. The prophets are an important part of the series as well.

It is also an optimistic view of our future, except for the absence of capitalism, while Star Wars has nothing to do with us.

Why is a lack of capitalism not optimistic? I'd call it very optimistic. Capitalism is definately not perfect, even though it works better than communism.

I voted for Star Trek. As melodic and sophisticated as Williams score is, Goldsmith goes one better, he conjures up a vast feeling of space and epic grandeur, and injects a lean muscularity and timeless quality that Star Wars is lacking.

:)

Hehe, I like your signature picture  :)

je je i was just going to ask what in the hell happened. It says that this site does not support it, or that my site does not support it (from now :) )?

THE WORST SW FILM TPM IS STILL 10 TIMES BETTER THAN THE BEST ST FILM!

:) Whoa dude Star Wars is good and all but I wouldn't say that.

First Contact is much better than TPM.

So is The Undiscovered Country.

And hopefully Nemesis. :)

Justin -Who voted for Star Wars because as a whole he enjoys it more but still loves Trek. :)

In one of the season finales, the writers placed themselves in a no-win situation with a space battle between Sisko and the Federation and the Dominion that you just knew the Dominion would win. How did the brilliant writers resolve it? They made the Prophets (aka, the Hand of God) intervene. What a cop-out! What betrayal to the characters and the fans! The reason why The Best of Both Worlds works so well is that after they're placed in a no-win situation, the crew still manages to pull out of it by their ingenuity

Ohh come on, the prophets interveneing is more believeable and less cliched than them solving it due to ingenuity. The prophets are an important part of the series as well.

Sure, they're an important part of the series and some of the story points that involved them were quite clever, but in this case, if God saves us each time we get ourselves into some deep s_ _ t, then where's the drama? Plot-wise, you try to get your hero into a situation that the public has absolutely no idea as to how he/she'll be able to resolve it, and when he does, you marvel at his ingenuity--his impression on you is that much more heroic.

If your "hero" doesn't get out of the problem by himself, but is saved by divine intervention, then you stop caring about him. Hell, let's get rid of that Sisko guy altogether and start praying to the Prophets and they'll deliver us from all evil!

Besides, dramatically, this is a cheat, an easy way out.

if God saves us each time we get ourselves into some deep s_ _ t, then where's the drama? Plot-wise, you try to get your hero into a situation that the public has absolutely no idea as to how he/she'll be able to resolve it, and when he does, you marvel at his ingenuity--his impression on you is that much more heroic.  

They don't really seem to be true gods though. They are not quite like Q.

They can't help with everything. It's an interesting developement on them that they help Sisko.

Anyway... it's more interesting and has more drama than them for example inventing some new subspace weapon or using some beam that disables their ships, do you want ds9 to turn into voyager?

And I think nothing is more heroic than how they were prepaired to fight the no-win scenario knowing that it was a no-win scenario

Anyway... it's more interesting and has more drama than them for example inventing some new subspace weapon or using some beam that disables their ships, do you want ds9 to turn into voyager?  

And I think nothing is more heroic than how they were prepaired to fight the no-win scenario knowing that it was a no-win scenario

Actually, no, I wouldn't want DS9 to turn into Voyager, even though I liked Voyager more; some DS9's were exceptional.

It's just that, as you say, you see all that preparation, you go with the flow and feel they're making the ultimate sacrifice, you see the resignation in their faces as they meet their impending doom. For what? For the Prophets to yank them out just like that! Naah, instead of gratitude toward the Prophets, I feel anger that they didn't do it before...

Besides, if memory serves, dramatically, nothing had been set up in that episode regarding the Prophets or their "need" for Sisko. They just came out of nowhere and that's why I felt cheated.

For all you IDIOTS, who act as if Star Trek has no place, you are exactly what I called you, IDIOTS. :twisted: :):)

face it guys, and Ren, Star Trek has been around longer than Star Wars, its had more lives than SW's. Its had so many episodes. It has a life all its own. Its 36 years old. How many of you have reached 36. Not many yet. How many shows have lasted 36 years. NOT many. Star Wars has a quality that cannot be touched, but Star Trek has its own too. Both have a place and often times go hand in hand.

The race of aliens on DS9 known as the Breen, where the same helmet that Leia wore in ROTJ, as a homage to Star Wars, thats not rivalry, thats flattery, thats coexistance.

Joe, who like them both.

I can't believe what i'm reading. Star Trek better than Star Wars. Did France win the world cup?

Star Wars beats Trek hand down. I don't call myself a trekie, but i've seen all but the last film and at least one episode from the millions of series and spin-offs to realise that most of it is sh*t. The effects, the characters, the music. Not to mention the storylines - they're struggling to fill a mere 45 minutes.

Star Wars is way better and i can't believe that there is even a debate on the matter. Nor can i believe that people say that they prefer Star Trek on a John Williams website. Did Williams not redefine the scoring of music over a 6 year period?

I rest my case.

I can't believe what i'm reading. Star Trek better than Star Wars. Did France win the world cup?

Can some translate that last part?

Star Wars beats Trek hand down. I don't call myself a trekie, but i've seen all but the last film and at least one episode from the millions of series and spin-offs to realise that most of it is sh*t. The effects, the characters, the music. Not to mention the storylines - they're struggling to fill a mere 45 minutes.

This does not warrant a response.

Star Wars is way better and i can't believe that there is even a debate on the matter. Nor can i believe that people say that they prefer Star Trek on a John Williams website. Did Williams not redefine the scoring of music over a 6 year period?

He did no such thing, he just brought back the golden age method of scoring films. Such as North/Rozsa.

I don't count AOTC and TPM as true SW

Well, but thery both are true SW. Saying otheriwise is, IMHO, disrespectful towards lucas story and vision.

Romão, who wasn't even born when the whole original trilogy was released, but finds AOTC to be in the same level as the first 3 episodes.

I find Star Trek to be more intriguing. There is much more ST time than SW time, and ST stays original for much of that time. I love John Williams, but between SW and ST, ST wins, for me. I enjoy Goldsmith's ST music more than I do John Williams' SW music. That isn't to say that I don't enjoy most of Williams stuff more than Goldsmith's other stuff. I like them both about the same amount, actually.

~Conor

I agree. Who's idea was it to bring Star Wars into this. Its not worthy of inclusion. :angry:

THE WORST SW FILM TPM IS STILL 10 TIMES BETTER THAN THE BEST ST FILM!  :cool:

8O. C'mon now. What about Wrath of Khan?..There is more tension, excitement, cloak and dagger, pure vengance, playful innuendo between characters, wonder, and emotion in that film than in the entire Star Wars saga (in my very unhumble opinion on this).

Entertainment by itself can be shallow without good stories. Star Trek broke new ground in its time (i'm talking about the original series here) in bringing social issues into that setting and even changing the way people think about life in reality. Leaping about with Light sabres is fun for kids, but i'm sorry to say that it does'nt go much further. I'm not so much a fan of the later Star Trek series, because many were just re-runs of the old stories with a new crew. But the first 2 films i thought were fantastic. I personally find Star Wars alright, but not such an inspiring thing as some people seem to see it. To me, its just a re-hash of old myths stuck into a space wild west setting (which some people seem to think was very profound, but is nothing but Samurai in space with some Ancient indian Vedantic philosophy and Chinese Yin/Yang stuff thrown in).

P.S : Lucas stole settings from the Dune novels anyway. (he is a big Dune fan)

Melange - Who enjoys Star Wars for fun, and thats about as far as it goes (apart from the excellent music of course). And suggests people look to the original series of ST and the first 2 films to see the great story/character areas and film making technique into which they delve.

Melange - Who is only winding Rogue up :)

I don't count AOTC and TPM as true SW

Well, but thery both are true SW. Saying otheriwise is, IMHO, disrespectful towards lucas story and vision.

And what happens when one thinks that AOTC and TPM are disrespectful towards SW?

Damnit Ricard, there you go with logic and reason again. :angry:

Since I like them both, its hard to say.  But lets see Seven of Nine or Padme.  Sorry but Seven of Nine has more to padme, than Padme could ever have.  Sorry for the extremely bad pun.

You are obviously a breast man, because I think 7of9 is on the ugly side. Never saw the appeal.

Not that Amidala is perfect, but of those two, I'd take Padme. :angry:

And for the general answer to this, I like Star Trek, and I love Star Wars, so Star Wars hands down.

But... I've said many times that if Williams didn't do the Star Wars scores, I wouldn't give a hoot about them, and watch them as casually as Trek. I'd get some enjyment out of them, but it's Williams music that gives them heart (even when Lucas fumbles his own great, imaginitive creative ideas with his piss poor directing and editing skills, Williams music keeps it alive where it should probably die, :? ).

That's why I'm so offended when the scores are treated poorly in the films, and when we get incomplete score releases. If any need complete releases, it's Star Wars scores.

Star Wars by a bloody light year!  

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it:

THE WORST SW FILM TPM IS STILL 10 TIMES BETTER THAN THE BEST ST FILM!  :)  

Sorry to all the ST fans on here but that is how I feel.  

Sure it may only be just 3 films (I don't count AOTC and TPM as true SW) but IMO even 1 SW film taken by itself is better than all the ST combined.  

Once again, sorry to those who take offense but sometimes you gotta tell it like it is.  :angry:

I agree 100%. And I don't hate TPM and AOTC, but if those are the worst Star Wars films, they still are worlds better than anything Star Trek. Movies and scores.

Although I must admit... with TV... Star Trek beats the tar out of Star Wars there. The 1970's Holiday Special? The Droids and Ewoks cartoons? The Ewok movies? I'll give Star Trek episodes the nod against those... :cool:

But that's the only area. It's not even close anywhere else, IMO.

I have to Star Wars...no question.

I know Stefan and some others will scratch there heads at me, but I never really saw what the big deal was about Star Trek. I don't hate it or think they are trash or anything..I'll watch it if they are on..but it just doesn't do anything for me.

Maybe one of the factors is the "settings". Star Trek, IMO, is too perfect, too glossy. Too black and white (this opinion is based on my limited viewings..so yes, I could be wrong :tongue2: ) Earth being perfect with no need for money, no hunger...everybody is happy :angry: . All the ships just look like they came out dry dock.

Where as Star Wars is very industrial, battle scared and there is a lot of grey. Nothing is perfect (no story line replies please :oops: ). You have the good guys, the bad guys, bounty hunters, smugglers, and aliens who just don't care except for themselves. The ships have all seen there better days (except the Naboo fighters for some reason). There is religion (the Jedi system is very close to the Zen beliefs), prophocies, legends and wizardry.

Then the HUGE scale wars based on power hungry rulers as opposed to people thinking about stuff for an hour.

Star Wars IMO is a more realistic view of how "..a long time ago, in a galaxy far,far away" would be than Star Trek (this is a crazy statement, I know, but it is really the only way I can say it)

There..let the "what the hell are you saying?!?!?" replies begin!

Jamesyboy - major, major Star Wars fan

Maybe one of the factors is the "settings". Star Trek, IMO, is too perfect, too glossy. Too black and white (this opinion is based on my limited viewings..so yes, I could be wrong

What? Nothing is more black and white than Sith vs Jedi and evil empire vs good rebellion.

Star Wars IMO is a more realistic view of how "..a long time ago, in a galaxy far,far away" would be than Star Trek (this is a crazy statement, I know, but it is really the only way I can say it)

That's not the point, Star Trek is how the future should be! :angry:

That's not the point, Star Trek is how the future should be!

It would be nice :angry: The way things are going nowadays though :confused:

Jamesyboy - who would love to live in the "Star Trek" setting...just don't like to watch it :alien:

That's not the point, Star Trek is how the future should be!  :)

Ugh. I'm glad I won't be in it.:roll:

BTW, the future cannot be like that, but Trekkies can dream. :angry:

Anyways, about talking Star trek beats Star Wars on TV... Well that why Strak trek fails to me. I do not find any quality in the TV series. Well at least 'the next generation' i haven't seen the previous and original (is was the series first, then the movies, right?) Well i think that with long series Star trek has lost quality-originality, and although it could be cool, if they made a SW series, it surely would suffer from the same.

(and come on!, jihnny is not scoring any of them :angry: )

And you know ILM has worked with star trek, so at least Lucas does not see it as a rival, why should us?

uh...Red 5 is me...

I know dude thats why I said it! :wink2:

Pffft ..... OH PLEASE!!!!!

You mean Night of the Living Dead In Space??? Since thats all that movie essentially was. I actually found that movie hysterically funny in some of the foolish plot devices they used. Probably the best example is when

"Kirk without a toupee" AKA Capt. Picard makes his way down to the level of the Enterprise taken over by the extras with BAD MAKEUP EFFECTS AKA The Borg. The borg show up and just walk right by him and his crew and he says "They won't attack us unless they consider us a threat.". Ummmm OK dude. so you've got like 7 heavily armed people with you and your NOT a threat? Yeah that makes sense. Suddenly Kirk ..... errr I mean Picard (sorry I always confuse the two since the characters are basically the damn same other than appearance) decides to walk over to a wall panel and starts screwing around and then The Borg start attacking and eventually make their weapons useless. Yeah, that a great idea dude! Waste a perfect opportunity to move around un-hindered to screw around with a wall panel. Hey, heres a great idea Capt.! Why don't you just arm every surviving crew member on board, have them all stand behind a Borg on the ship (since they don't seem to mind armed hostiles walking around among them) and fire on command simultaneously. That way you would eliminate 90% or more of the friggin Borgs before they would ever have a chance to "adapt" to your weapons. Hell they could've ended the damn movie right there. Would saved themselves and (I'm sure) the audience alor of suffering.

Spock's head would've exploded at the lack of logic here. :twisted:

Whole movie was ridiculous too in just the Borg themselves. Its like they're supposed to be "all powerful" and this incredible threat and they move slower than my friggin grandmother! I mean seriously what the hell good is that "adapting shield" if you can just as easily keep hitting em with an axe or a sword or whatever? I mean they moved so damn slow one guy could've very easily have just killed them all single handed with a club.

C'mon now. What about Wrath of Khan?..There is more tension, excitement, cloak and dagger, pure vengance, playful innuendo between characters, wonder, and emotion in that film than in the entire Star Wars saga (in my very unhumble opinion on this).

A movie about a guy in a goofy ass wig has tension??? Excitement?

Ummmm no! :biglaugh:

And what happens when one thinks that AOTC and TPM are disrespectful towards SW?

A-BLOODY-MEN RICARD!! I could not have said that any better myself. If hating on AOTC and TPM is disrespectful to Lucas then I re-double by sentiments.

Melange - Who is only winding Rogue up

If that is your objective then I'm afraid this will not get the job done. You want to get me REALLY wound up? Start putting up Jar Jar quotes. :alien:

Suddenly Kirk ..... errr I mean Picard (sorry I always confuse the two since the characters are basically the damn same other than appearance)

William, you prove by that statement you have no idea in hell what you are talking about. You are clueless. Kirk and Picard are so different, as night and day. Statements like that defeat you whole arguement.

Oh you mention bad makeup, but look at Greedo, its a guy in a mask. Look at the ewoks, they are midgets and dwarfs in costume. Did I mention the thing sitting next to Lando in the Falcon in Jedi. Looks like a slipped on mask to me. The illusion will go as far as you want it too.

C'mon now. What about Wrath of Khan?..There is more tension, excitement, cloak and dagger, pure vengance, playful innuendo between characters, wonder, and emotion in that film than in the entire Star Wars saga (in my very unhumble opinion on this).

A movie about a guy in a goofy ass wig has tension??? Excitement?

Ummmm no! :biglaugh:

This is supposed to be an arguement. Just because Shatner wears a wig. You are young, you still don't know if your hair is all there to stay. :angry: A wig may still be in your future, if your so vain as to need one. Besides Kirk's hair looks alot better than say Qui Gon's. Oh and Wrath of Khan is a totally different kind of picture than any of the Star Wars films. Its a submarine story set in space. There is never any cat and mouse type storytelling in any SW films.

you use an all encompassing statement that even the worst SW films (TPM), well thats just your opinion for what its worth,

Babylon 5 will always be the best show ever. Far supperior Star Trek and Star Wars IMHO. Stoytelling that is.

B

BAD MAKEUP EFFECTS AKA The Borg.

Pah. And it's mostly a costume. Not make up.

The borg show up and just walk right by him and his crew and he says "They won't attack us unless they consider us a threat.". Ummmm OK dude. so you've got like 7 heavily armed people with you and your NOT a threat? Yeah that makes sense.

Humans irrelervant unless attack. Drones will attack if humans are threat' date=' loss of drones is irrelevant. Waste of time, effort to attack before human attack. :)

Suddenly Kirk ..... errr I mean Picard (sorry I always confuse the two since the characters are basically the damn same

Ohh yeah right, Kirk the slut and Picard the stiff are the same person? :?

Yeah, that a great idea dude! Waste a perfect opportunity to move around un-hindered to screw around with a wall panel. Hey, heres a great idea Capt.! Why don't you just arm every surviving crew member on board, have them all stand behind a Borg on the ship (since they don't seem to mind armed hostiles walking around among them) and fire on command simultaneously. That way you would eliminate 90% or more of the friggin Borgs before they would ever have a chance to "adapt" to your weapons. Hell they could've ended the damn movie right there. Would saved themselves and (I'm sure) the audience alor of suffering.

You risk a huge amount of people and it would only kill some of the borg not all before they adapt.

Whole movie was ridiculous too in just the Borg themselves. Its like they're supposed to be "all powerful" and this incredible threat and they move slower than my friggin grandmother! I mean seriously what the hell good is that "adapting shield" if you can just as easily keep hitting em with an axe or a sword or whatever? I mean they moved so damn slow one guy could've very easily have just killed them all single handed with a club.

They don't have any clubs. Besides, why wouldn't they adapt to the club? All you'd need is a simple force field.

-Chris, Hopeless

:twisted:

What I meant by saying that by considering AOTC and TPM non-true starwars movies, your'e being disrespectful towards lucas because it's his story, it's creation, and if he says they're part of the saga, ther'e snothing you can do about it, whether you like the films or don't. They're starwars movies, because they are a crucial and integratn part of the saga's main storyline.

-Chris, Hopeless

:twisted:

Well, Morn... I can re-arrange your words and edit your posts too... below is a quote that I made from Morn's post using letters and words that he typed. I didn't re-type ONE LETTER!

Behold! We see the TRUTH!

Pah. i Drone on irrelevant.  I am a Waste of time unless i adapt. Ohh yeah and i am a stiff slut, in need of Brains.  attack me. :)

Hmmm hmm.... :):mrgreen: heheh.... hawhaw.... :twisted: :) heeeheee....

:) hhahahahahahahahahahaha....

:mrgreen: LOL ROTFL :biggrinflip: BWAAAAA-HAWHAWHAWHAWHAW!!!!!! :biglaugh:

:sarcasm::P :tongue2: :D

What I meant by saying that by considering AOTC and TPM non-true starwars movies, your'e being disrespectful towards lucas because it's his story, it's creation, and if he says they're part of the saga, ther'e snothing you can do about it, whether you like the films or don't. They're starwars movies, because they are a crucial and integratn part of the saga's main storyline.

I'm with Merkel. If you ask me, the stories have been excellent. Lucas wrote all 5 Star Wars stories to date, and not one of them was a bore by any stretch (like nearly every Star Trek episode and film that I've seen). And the fights in the newest two kicked the crap out of the original trilogy's duels (which I loved anyway).

Lucas' story isn't the problem. All 5 so far have been creative and a ton of fun. But directing, editing, and especially music editing on TPM & AOTC... piss poor. :)

TPM would have been better with some more insight into the Sith while the heroes were trying to get off Tatooine combined with more of the lightsaber dual and less of Jar Jar's antics.

And even the beleagured love story in AOTC would had been good with a little better pacing. It was just forced and ill-timed. Of course, love between young people is often as illogical as that anyways, so who cares? I just wanted something a little more epic. Or a little more toungue-in-cheek. It was too inbetween serious and cheesy. I don't care... the rest of the film was good. Obi-Wan was excellent, especially his duel with Jango. Awesome.

When it comes down to it, I think Star Wars fans may be a little less "mature" than Star Trek fans, but Star Wars fans are a lot less nerdy than Trekkies! LOL!

Behold! We see the TRUTH!  

Pah. i Drone on irrelevant.  I am a Waste of time unless i adapt. Ohh yeah and i am a stiff slut, in need of Brains.  attack me. :)

Hmmm hmm.... :):mrgreen: heheh.... hawhaw.... :twisted: :) heeeheee....

:) hhahahahahahahahahahaha....

:mrgreen: LOL ROTFL :biggrinflip: BWAAAAA-HAWHAWHAWHAWHAW!!!!!! :biglaugh:

:sarcasm::P :tongue2: :D

:roll:

Lucas' story isn't the problem. All 5 so far have been creative and a ton of fun. But directing, editing, and especially music editing on TPM & AOTC... piss poor. :mrgreen:

It's not just the editing and directing. It's the whole story outline, he needs to bring the stories more together.

When it comes down to it, I think Star Wars fans may be a little less "mature" than Star Trek fans, but Star Wars fans are a lot less nerdy than Trekkies! LOL!

Ohh really? I've seen Wars fans do very nerdy things.

And the peak was campping out infront of a cinema for the opening of the movies :)

It's not just the editing and directing. It's the whole story outline, he needs to bring the stories more together.

What do you mean? They are coming along nicely, IMO.

Ohh really? I've seen Wars fans do very nerdy things.

And the peak was campping out infront of a cinema for the opening of the movies   :)

I'd throw things at those lunatics. In fact, some poor kid showed up at the AOTC opening dressed up as a Jedi with a lightsaber and the poor kid got picked on left and right by his friends. LOL

Besides... those guys only come out of the woodwork once every new film comes out. I see trekkies all over the place playing dress up at conventions... really quite pathetic... :roll:

-Chris, Who last dressed up when he was a little kid trick-or-treating...