The Guess the Screenshot game

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely a guess as I haven't seen it in a long time but is it Evil Dead 2?

Shirley has aged beautifully these last 900 years. And no it's not Evil Dead 2 or Terms of Endearment. This looks like it's gonna run for quite some time.

Ok. Big clues. I'll give another one just to tease ye all

1. Starred 2 Oscar winners.

2. The witness flatlined in 2008 .

Hmmm...might it be Joel poomaker's Witness?

Morlock- who can't believe he guessed it all on his own, without any obvious hints.

Dammit, I meant The Client. I apologize to the venerable Mr. Weir for confusing the title of his film with that of the director who cannot be accurately named without Marc's editing. Though Poomaker certainly is applicable as well.

Well done on getting The Client....only for my clues I doubt you'd have gotten it :blink:

Best guesses are:

1. Shallow Grave

3. Cocoon

4. Carrie

5. Toy Story

6. The Age of Innocence

7. A Scanner Darkly

8. The Beach

I was gonna say THE POLAR EXPRESS for number 5. It's either a Disney pic or one from Pixar.

Indy4 was supposed to post a new one, but since he can only say craaazy things, I suppose we'll take yours.

What software exactly do you have to have in order to post these screenshots?

One that can... make screenshots from DVDs... :thumbup:

I haven't seen it, but I'll guess Over the Hedge for #5.

Not seen that either. There is a connection through Pixar, hence my comment on Hitch's original guess.

Nope. In this case, I'm not even familiar with your title. The film's title character is in the rear of this screenshot by the way, although mostly hidden and not recognisable anymore (I can't even spot him myself). He was in clear view a couple of frames earlier though.

:thumbup: Thanks, I was looking for a specific name/link though...

I don't suppose you'll be much happier with me recommending Kaffeine or other Linux tools... :) But any decent DVD player application should do.

Oh...so I have an application called "DVD Player" and that's the application that opens when I want to watch a DVD on my computer. Should there be some sort of option for capturing a screenshot on that application?

The "Print" button is cool, though Windows doesn't support it very well. But because it takes a snapshot of the video memory and most video players use overlays to bypass video memory for performance reasons, it usually doesn't work for movies anyway; all you get is a blank (black or blue, typically) rectangle within your player window.

It is!

So if I'm not mistaken, these are still missing:

1. Not a British actor, but a British composer

2. British actor AND composer

3. American, although originally French and a version by a British director exists as well

What software exactly do you have to have in order to post these screenshots?

Power DVD used to be able to capture screenshots, but not the new version. I downloaded VLC Media Player for free (!) and that works beautifully. Then I use Photobucket to turn the snapshot into an image.

I think the problem with Power DVD was rather a limitation of the Dell version than of the official one. But that's just conjecture. ;) Anyway, way pay for a new version when you can get good players for free (oh, I forgot, because free media players are evil).