Star Wars Prequel Music Resource

Henry B

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya LucasArts just wrote back to me and said I need a subscription to Galaxies: An Empire Divided. I agree KM it is shit that you have to have previous games/subscriptions in order to install TOW. :pukeface:

Oh well I gotta go to the post office this afternoon anyhow and I'll make a quick stop at Wally World and pick up Galaxies: Total Experience. *mumbles under his breath*

Has anyone checked the actual Revenge of the Sith game for extra music? Having said that, the score might not have been finished when it was made...

I can check it out if needs be.

Has anyone checked the actual Revenge of the Sith game for extra music? Having said that, the score might not have been finished when it was made...

I can check it out if needs be.

I think it was reported they just used recyled music from the previous scores. The score I don't think had been finished when the game was finished.

Strange. I'm pretty sure I heard "Padme's Funeral" at the end. I'll check it out later on.

I'm sure they would've caught that if it was there, but if you're going to check, let's hope maybe we just overlooked it. :pukeface:

Eh... That music is by Williams or I'll eat my hat. The question is, what was it scored for?

Well,it not from AotC or RotS,unless it's some unused cue.I'm not including this anywhere on my expanded scores untill I'm certain it's Williams composed ,at this point I'm not convinced.

k.M.

Just an update, almost done installing Galaxies: Total Experience. Once I do that I'll sign up for a Galaxies account so I can download and install Trials Of Obi-Wan. Oy...so much work just for unreleased music. LOL Oh well it's worth it in my opinion.

Edit: It'll be about an hour until I recieve Trials Of Obi-Wan...it's downloading now. I still have to unpack all the TRE files... I do hope there's good unreleased Sith music for this game..

the HK47 music file is from KOTOR II

In fact, HK47 is the name of the assassin protocol droid in the game.

Jeshopk, sorry but you have a eat to eat :pukeface:

And Vosk, TOW is an expansion, all game expansions check for the original game to install, i think.

Lets hope there is tons of music there or that you enjoy the game otherwise all that hard work for nothing :fouetaa:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to edit I Am The Senate so it sounds better? It goes fine until the last edit on Cerrabore's list. It doesn't sound right to me. It just sounds like it's way too loud, or something. Maybe it's supposed to be that way, I honestly can't tell if it sounds bad or if it's just because I'm editing so I will always be able to tell where the volume and pace changes so drastically.

And Vosk, TOW is an expansion, all game expansions check for the original game to install, i think.

Lets hope there is tons of music there or that you enjoy the game otherwise all that hard work for nothing :pukeface:

Figured as much for the expansion deal. Skylark said something about it but we weren't too sure. Ya hope there is quite a bit of unreleased music too... Not just a few pieces here and there.

IF and I do mean IF the full begining for 'The Boys Continue' and the full ending for "It Can't Be" is with the files for TOW, I will be a happy man and wouldn't care about spending the money lmao. I mean if there is other good stuff there too that's great. I'll find out in about 32 minutes.

So what cues do we have COMPLETE now? I'm trying to get organised.

Fox Fanfare

Star Wars Main Theme

Boys Into Battle

They're Coming Around

The Elevator Scene (although we need a clean beginning for Grievous' Intro)

Count Dooku's Entrance

{Untitled} Which I am assuming is Grievous and the Droids

Another Happy Landing

Scenes and Dreams

Palpatine's TV Set

Going to Utapau

Riding the Lizard

Obi_Wan Fares Droids

Good Guys Arrive

Drawing Swords

Rolling With Grievous

Fighting With Grievous

Dialogue With Mace

padme's Ruminations

I Am the Senate (I think this is complete?)

Lament

Bail's Escape

Swimming, Droids, and Yoda Farewell

Moving Things Along (but we need better quality)

A Moody Trip

Heroes Collide

Yoda Falls

The Immolation Scene

Anakin Crawling

A Home For the Twins

End Credits

I probably got a lot of those wrong, but I was going by memory.

So the ones we need (or need a few seconds to complete) are:

"Get 'Em R2!"

The Death of Dooku

Revisiting Padme

Grievous Travels to Palpatine

Be Careful of Your Friend

Council Meeting (we're missing one or two seconds in the middle, scattered, I think)

Hold Me

Palpatine's Big Pitch

GOodbye Old Friend

Palpatine's Seduction

Palpatine Instructs Anakin

News of the Attack (I'm nto familiar with this cue, there's been a lot of talk about it, so maybe we have it?)

It Can't Be

Padme's Visit

The Boys Continue

Rev. Yoda to Exile

Revenge of the Sith (though I think we have it complete, it's just a slight variation I think, hardly noticable)

Death of Padme

Padme's Funeral

So, how close was I? That list of cues needed seems pretty long, but when you think about it, there's only a few seconds needed in 70% of those, which is very promising. :pukeface:

So what cues do we have COMPLETE now? I'm trying to get organised.

Fox Fanfare

Star Wars Main Theme

Boys Into Battle

They're Coming Around

The Elevator Scene (although we need a clean beginning for Grievous' Intro)

Count Dooku's Entrance

Another Happy Landing

Scenes and Dreams

Palpatine's TV Set

Going to Utapau

Riding the Lizard

Obi_Wan Fares Droids

Good Guys Arrive

Drawing Swords

Rolling With Grievous

Fighting With Grievous

Dialogue With Mace

padme's Ruminations

I Am the Senate (I think this is complete?)

Lament

Bail's Escape

Swimming, Droids, and Yoda Farewell

Moving Things Along (but we need better quality)

A Moody Trip

Heroes Collide

Yoda Falls

The Immolation Scene

Anakin Crawling

A Home For the Twins

End Credits

I probably got a lot of those wrong, but I was going by memory.

"Get 'Em R2!"

The Death of Dooku

Revisiting Padme

Council Meeting (we're missing one or two seconds in the middle, scattered, I think)

Hold Me

Palpatine's Big Pitch

GOodbye Old Friend

Palpatine's Seduction

News of the Attack (I'm nto familiar with this cue, there's been a lot of talk about it, so maybe we have it?)

It Can't Be

Padme's Visit

The Boys Continue

Rev. Yoda to Exile

Revenge of the Sith (though I think we have it complete, it's just a slight variation I think, hardly noticable)

Death of Padme

Padme's Funeral

So, how close was I?  That list of cues needed seems pretty long, but when you think about it, there's only a few seconds needed in 70% of those, which is very promising. :pukeface:

Death Of Padmé is all ready on the OST. It's the music after "Birth Of The Twins". The reprise of Qui-Gon's funeral music.

"Going To Utapau" we're still missing the force theme we heard.

"Scenes and Dreams" we're still missing a about 45 seconds I think worth...I have to check the movie again.

"Obi-Wan Fares Droids" There is some underscore music when Obi-Wan ignites his saber and is about to force drop the creates on the droids that has not been released.

"I Am The Senate" I don't think is fully complete, judging from the film there seems to be some music missing.

"Rolling and Fighting With Grievous" again just a few statements missing....if you compare the music with the film.

"Anakin's Crawling" definitely missing the Emperor's theme as well as a bit of other music.

"Home For The Twins" or aka "Plans For The Twins" definitely not complete...

"Home For The Twins" or aka "Plans For The Twins" definitely not complete...

"A Home for the Twins" and "Plans for the Twins" are two different cues: the first is 7M7, it is also titled "A New Hope" and scores Leia's and Luke's arrival to their new homes; the second is 7M5 and scores Bail, Yoda and Ben's meeting on the Tantive IV, as well as C-3PO's memory wipe.

Nonetheless, it IS true that we have neither of them complete: 7M7 is just partially released (again, it misses a Force Theme statement) and 7M5 is officially unreleased (we have the segment of the memory wipe).

I unpacked all the TRE Music files and tried to open up them up after they were converted to Mp3 but it said "This clip cannot be played, it contains unexpected data and maybe corrupted."

I hope I don't have to re-install everything...

Count Dooku's Entrance  

Yes, it is generally agreed that the untitled cue 2M1 is indeed "Grievous and the Droids", starting when R2-D2 gets into the corridor where Anakin, Obi-Wan and Palpatine are held captive and ending when Anakin sits to pilot Grievous' crashing flagship.

Has it been decided or not whether "Count Dooku's Entrance" is complete?

And Lament is still not quite complete.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to edit I Am The Senate so it sounds better?  It goes fine until the last edit on Cerrabore's list.  It doesn't sound right to me.  It just sounds like it's way too loud, or something.  Maybe it's supposed to be that way, I honestly can't tell if it sounds bad or if it's just because I'm editing so I will always be able to tell where the volume and pace changes so drastically.

I had the same trouble. I was finally able to make it sound decent, but it still doesn't seem to flow very well.

Hat eaten. Good thing I was wearing a cheese hat.

:pukeface:

I unpacked all the TRE Music files and tried to open up them up after they were converted to Mp3 but it said "This clip cannot be played, it contains unexpected data and maybe corrupted."

I hope I don't have to re-install everything...

This just isn't your day is it? :cry:

No it's not my day at all. Okay I just checked the files. Either I did something wrong, or it didn't completely install all the way. Either way the music files sound the same to me. I don't know ....I'll wait for Cerrabore to come online and talk to him about it.

I can't even play the game with out the pc having to reboot...

These were all the new galaxies files [unsorted from new material] that were included on the update:  

mus_duel_of_the_fates_lcv  

mus_mustafar_amb01  

mus_mustafar_amb02  

mus_mustafar_dark_jedi_master  

mus_mustafar_droid_invasion_intro  

mus_mustafar_hk47_intro  

mus_mustafar_intro  

mus_mustafar_obiwan_quest  

mus_mustafar_quest_exception  

mus_mustafar_quest_fail  

mus_mustafar_quest_success  

mus_mustafar_story_arc_complete

I can't see on the FTP: 1) mus_duel_of_the_fates_lcv; 2) mus_mustafar_droid_invasion_intro; 3) mus_mustafar_intro; 4)

mus_mustafar_obiwan_quest; 5) mus_mustafar_quest_fail. Does anybody have the same problem as me?

I was wondering about that, too. When you get to 0:14, it sounds kind of different from the sound of the LSO. It just seems...different. They didn't do any original composing for the game, did they?

Hopefully if Cerrabore still has a Galaxies installed on his pc he can log in under my account and try to download TOW and see if he can check for new music. I hope he comes online later today or tonight.

I doubt I'll be able to take Galaxies back to Wal-Mart to get a refund since I all ready opened it and installed it...

No it's not my day at all.  Okay I just checked the files.  Either I did something wrong, or it didn't completely install all the way.  Either way the music files sound the same to me.  I don't know ....I'll wait for Cerrabore to come online and talk to him about it.

I can't even play the game with out the pc having to reboot...

does your PC have the necessary hardware and RAM to run games?Turn off all programs you aren't using to free up memory,plus your antivirus and firewall software.Run the game with minimal graphics options.check the configuration options and change stuff to see if you can get the game running.I had to fiddle around to get KOTOR runing last year.

K.M.

I don't think it really has the minmum requirements. I'm not about to go change things on this computer since it's my parents.

This is a store bought HP POS pc. It sucks lol. I thought it would have the minmum requirements but oh well. This is why I wished at times I had the rest of my parts for my new pc...

Well after converting the TRE music files over to mp3 they were all ready at 128. I think that's just the standard file rate LucasArts encodes them as. Probably to save room on disc space so they can add more stuff to the game.

"Get 'Em R2!"

The Death of Dooku

Revisiting Padme

Hold Me

Palpatine's Big Pitch

GOodbye Old Friend

Palpatine's Seduction

It Can't Be

Padme's Visit

The Boys Continue

Rev. Yoda to Exile

Death of Padme

Padme's Funeral

Get Em R2 is missing an unsignificant 5 seconds,since the cue is somewhat edited in the film at that point.

Entrance of Dooku.Now release complete I think,

Death of Dooku.No idea what this sounds like,I don't have Jack Chappel's rip for that part,

Revisiting Padme is unreleased and lasts 1:50

Be Carefull of your Friend is a cool,dark 1:30 cue.The ending chords are very ominous sounding

Council Meeting is missing a few unsignificant seconds

Hold He is that errie violins track.A decent short version can be made from a Galaxies files.The complete cue is more of the same repeated a few times.

Palpatine's Big Pitch is really cool.I'm betting this will be released

Palpatine's Seduction is complete.I think the Emperor's theme quote in the film version is tracked in

I Am the Senate.Missing someparts,although the released parts really stand on its own very well(after some editing) and has all the best passages.

Swimming Droids and Yoda Farewell is missing the great Yoda cue.At this point this is my #1 wanted unreleased part

News of the Attack is complete,if the scene that underscores Anakin talking to Padme afterwards is really a part of Moving Things Along(Enter Lord Vader).In any case that's one of the more boring passages of the score.no big loss.

It Can't Be.the first 2:30 minutes underscoring Obi Wan viewing the security recordings is unreleased.No big loss.Another boring cue.

Padme's Visit,This 4:30 cue should have been on the album

The Boys Continue.Missing the first 45 sec duel segment.Not as great as the 2nd half that is now released

Plans for the Twins:Basically unreleased

Padme's Funeral.Unreleased,but more and more this falls back behind someother cues in term of priority for me.

A home for the Twins.That opening Force theme sure is nice.

Plus were missing important force theme statements from Goodbye Old Friend and Going to Utapau.they are critical because withiut them the edtis sound like shit.

Only 6 seconds are missing from the climax of It Can't Be.The Mygetto trailer had about 5 precious seconds of unreleased ending.

What Galaxies files contain blips of Hold Me?  Also, is it really as simple as you say? Just whatever the Galaxies files are looped?

it's Mus Kashyyk Droid Cave.Anyways the errie strings in there are from Hold Me.There's 3 passages that are clean without the other cues superimposed.You can edit those parts togheter with the long sustained chord at the end.

k.M.

i must applaud the effort you guys are putting in. u know, one thing i'd really really love to see in the future is an ultimate fan edit of ANH. Use the DVD for most purposes, source from the laserdiscs for Han/Greedo, cut out Jabba and fix the music in the Battle of Yavin. that would be awesome!

It's been done - It's called "Star Wars Classic Edition" and it's by Orange Cow Productions, the same crew who made "Star Wars - Deleted Magic". They also made one for Empire. I learned all about it in the Star Wars binary group on Usenet.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to edit I Am The Senate so it sounds better? It goes fine until the last edit on Cerrabore's list. It doesn't sound right to me. It just sounds like it's way too loud, or something. Maybe it's supposed to be that way, I honestly can't tell if it sounds bad or if it's just because I'm editing so I will always be able to tell where the volume and pace changes so drastically.

Maybe you are trying to edit on the wrong beat. Remember that the timings are not exact.