Anybody collect JW on vinyl?

dooku77

I've found some really cool scores that are damn near impossible to find on cd Cinderella Liberty, Towering Inferno, Witches of Eastwick, Jaws 2, the River, Monsignor, Yes Giorgio, Eiger Sanction, Dracula, The Fury, and Earthquake.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats with you finds. I have Close Encounters, Star Wars, Witches Of Eastwick, Spacecamp, Raiders, Temple Of Doom, Superman, Towering Inferno, Jaws II, ET, Empire Of The Sun and Return Of The Jedi.

I only have The Fury of the ones mentioned. The Varèse Deluxe Edition. And is Empire of the Sun really hard to find?

EDIT: Oh damn, I totally neglected the topic subject. No, I don't have any vynil. :oops:

Williams on vinyl forms a small but significant portion of my Williams collection, in particular Not With My Wife You Dont, Diamond Head, and my most treasured Checkmate. My full list of vinyl Williams is on the "tell us your Williams collection" thread.

Actually, there's is something quite nice about holding an LP of John Williams in your hands. If in good condition, the cover alone makes it worthwhile. And on a auditive side, the original Star Wars album is still the only good Star Wars album, at least to this poster's ears (I know that for some it's a little too dark-sounding but at least there is some dept in the music). I'm sure that a lot of it is due to sentiment (usually the main motivation of every collector), but it's really hard for me to stumble upon a mint copy of a missing soundtrack by John Williams and not take it home.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Someone who knows if these LPs increasein value over time? Of course they will be get rare, but the quality will decline (as with cds, actually :mrgreen:)

I have the following LP's left after converting my collection to CD. Some of these are like works of art that lose something reduced to CD-sized packages:

DIAMONDHEAD

CHECKMATE

PENELOPE

HOW TO STEAL A MILLION

FITZWILLY

IMAGES (rare PROMOTIONAL release)

"GOODBYE, MR. CHIPS"

THE REIVERS

TOM SAYWER

THE COWBOYS (Rare release)

THE TOWERING INFERNO

JAWS (the first soundtrack I ever bought back in 1975)

DRACULA

JAWS2

SPACECAMP

SUPERMAN (Original Warner Bros 2 LP release)

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK (Original RSO 2 LP release)

Greg is unable to contribute to this thread, owning no JW on Vinyl apart from that "Stereo Space Oddysey" thing which was the first record I ever bought.....

Greg is unable to contribute to this thread, owning no JW on Vinyl apart from that "Stereo Space Oddysey" thing which was the first record I ever bought.....

That was my first Williams album as well.

I have Jaws, Close Encounters of the Third Kind (with bonus 45), The Fury, Superman - The Movie, The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark (original and expanded), Monsignor and Return of the Jedi on LP.

Neil