Best HP Book...

Justin

What is your favorite Harry Potter book.  

32 members have voted

1. 1.

• Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone
    • Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets
    • Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban
    • Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire
    • Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix
    • Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOTP, by a mile. I find it the most interesting book of the series.

The thing I didn't like about HBP is that it mostly seemed like filler between Dumbledore's lessons. I know there were the subplots with Snape and Draco, but they seemd like thin threads in a sea of pointless prose.

Gambon is the best thing to happen to the HP movies IMO.

:)ROTFLMAO

~Sturgis

:nod: :nod: 8O 8O

Couldn't agree more! Finally we get the more cheeky and unpredictable Dumbledore of the books.

Interesting to see Goblet of Fire moving up the ranks here. I honestly think that GoF is a dry run for book 7. All the quests in the triwizard tournament are Harry's testing ground for the quests to find the horcruxes in book 7. I can't wait!

James - who prefers the action-packed GoF to either of the last two books.

It was a day like any other and Mr and Mrs Samuel Brainsample were a perfectly ordinary couple, leading perfectly ordinary lives - the sort of people to whom nothing extraordinary ever happened, and not the kind of people to be the centre of one of the most astounding incidents in the history of mankind ... So let's forget about them and follow instead the destiny of this man ... Harold Potter, gardener, and tax official, first victim of Creatures from another Planet.

Marian - :|

By the way, Chamber, we still love you!

No we do not!

Morlock- who thinks that that book embodies every single bad thing about the series.

Radcliffe's tits?

Justin

:D

I agree about Gambon. I appreciated Sir Richard, but he really didn't communicate any of the character's energy, oddities and humour. It didn't seem like the characters felt safe and warm when he was in the room; his subdued nature rubbed off I think.

I wouldn't go that far. Harris emboded the loving wise old wizard of Dumbledore. The Dumbledore that counceled Harry. However, Gambon brings a power to the role that is essential for the later books.

Justin - Who thought Gambon should have had more scenes in PoA...

I think that there's a happy medium between Harris' somber wisdom and Gambon's funny energy that would embody Dumbledore. I'm happy with Gambon; they did a nice job on the transition between actors.

British actors don't tend to ask as much as American ones. The Harry Potter films have wisely tended to stick with brits. That way they get great character actors (many from the RSC) for a fraction of the cost of US actors putting on dodgy English accents. I wonder how much money Don Cheadle got paid for butchering his role as the Brit in Oceans Eleven. If Gambon leaves the series I seriously doubt it will be because of money, and I really hope it isn't because of the other reason!

~James - Who thinks Gambon's crowning achievement was the 1986 miniseries The Singing Detective (NOT to be confused with the crappy movie version with Downey Jr).