Target Exclusive Best of Star Wars CD

ST-321

A Star Wars toy collecting site Rebelscum has posted the following that should run this weekend with their ad to promote the ROTS DVD:

Also exclusively at Target, look for a 2-CD Star Wars Best of Episodes 1-6 for $15.99.

Does anyone know anything about it? I suppose the chances of unrelased music from ROTS or ATOC are about zero, huh?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scans of the ad are at: http://www.deathstarplans2.com/

As to the music, they say:

Also available is the re-issue of the Revenge Of The Sith soundtrack that also includes "A Musical Journey" DVD. As a bonus you also get a 3 third disc with music from all six films. This version of the soundtrack comes bundled together and is referred to as the "Corellian Edition".

Wait I don't quite get it... They're releasing a 2-disc set which features music from all 6 films ...but then re-releasing the ROTS soundtrack with a bonus 3 disc that has music from all 6 films? What's the logic in that? Unless there's some unreleased music from the Prequels...

Don't hold your breaths for this release. It will probably be an ordinary compilation of the music taken from the 6 score albums.

I think it is a CD I am near to get that only contains poor music made by synthetiser. If it is exactly the one I am thinking, I made better MIDI files than the one used for the album.

But I may be wrong, the album I am thinking is a 3CD set : http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00...4405555-1496846

If they did toss in a few unreleased cues from Clones and RotS,they would sell a lot more of these sets without having the cost of making completely new albums.

K.M.

I think it is a CD I am near to get that only contains poor music made by synthetiser. If it is exactly the one I am thinking, I made better MIDI files than the one used for the album.

But I may be wrong, the album I am thinking is a 3CD set :http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009NVRLO/002-4405555-1496846

That is hardly what will be the "Target exclusive".

If they did toss in a few unreleased cues from Clones and RotS,they would sell a lot more of these sets without having the cost of making completely new albums.

K.M.

I'll be surprised and happy IF "Revisiting Padmé" and "I Am The Senate" is on the 2-disc set which was originally going to be on the damn album but were dropped the last minute. Though I'm not holding my breath but hey anything is possible.

I was at Target last night and saw the 3-disc reissue of ROTS. It contained the OST, the DVD, and a third 50-minute disc in a cardboard sleeve containing music from all 6 films.

Unfortunately, I could not see the track listing of this third disc, but the artwork is the same as the supposed 2-CD set featured in Target's ad (LINK), which I didn't see last night (but it could be there today, though).

They should out up a track list so we could stop second guessing. It is so über mysterious it is frustrating.

I am not expecting anything special either but it would be nice if the guessing would stop. It is funny to read speculations ranging from unreleased cues of the Prequels to the "Drunken Fools Orchestra play SW sober".

All might be remedied by the track list. Not too much to ask. I am not even going to order it but I am all for the clear marketing of products.

I was weak. I caved and bought a duplicate copy of "Sith" at Target for the bonus "Correlian Edition" CD.

(Interestingly, it's shrink-wrapped separately from the "Sith" CD, meaning you might be able to return the unwrapped "Sith" CD sans bonus disc for store credit.)

I was expect a CD of themes, or (heaven forbid) music from all six films mixed into an interesting suite. Instead, this is kind of a lunatic selection of tracks -- with a couple of edits that might make this of mild interest to hard-core collectors. Here's the track listing:

FROM EPISODE I:

1. Star Wars Main Title and the Arrival at Naboo (2:55)

[version from first "Episode I" CD]

2. The Flag Parade (2:11)

[stand alone, w/out the "Arrival at Tattooine" intro, which is rather nice]

3. Qui-Gon's Noble End (3:47)

[version from first "Episode I" CD]

FROM EPISODE II:

4. Jango's Escape (3:47)

5. Yoda and the Younglings (3:56)

FROM EPISODE III:

6. General Grevious (4:07)

7. Anakin's Dark Deeds (4:04)

FROM EPISODE IV:

8. Imperial Attack (6:44)

9. Ben Kenobi's Death/TIE Fighter Attack (3:53)

FROM EPISODE V:

10. Yoda and the Force (4:05)

11: The Clash of the Lightsabers (4:19)

FROM EPISODE VI:

12. Sail Barge Assault (5:04)

[film version]

13. End Title (from Star Wars Episode VI) (6:05)

[WITHOUT celebration-music lead-in; end credits music only]

Why do you think I am the Senate was dropped from the OST?I think it was going to be the "downloadable bonus track",but then somekind of copyright corporate legal stuff happened and it had to be dropped even from that happening.

K.m.

Wow, that is an odd mix of music.

I would have expected to hear Anakin's Theme, Across the Stars, Princess Leia's Theme, Darth Vader's Theme, The Asteroid Field, and other notables in it.

Too bad there isn't anything new, but not surprising. :wave:

I'm thinking Target royally fouled up their ad. There will be no 2 disc set on Tuesday, despite what the ad says. It will be the ROTS CD with this bonus disc. I won't be getting this. I was looking forward to a nice 2 disc collection, too.

Idiots.

Neil

Those selections are indeed pathetic.

You're kidding, right? You want another CD filled with the same old tired concert pieces? This is actually a nice mix (I'm thrilled the "General Grievous" cue is on there) and a refreshing change. "The Throne Room" isn't even on it!

Neil

You're kidding, right? You want another CD filled with the same old tired concert pieces? This is actually a nice mix (I'm thrilled the "General Grievous" cue is on there) and a refreshing change. "The Throne Room" isn't even on it!

Neil

No I wasn't.

Neil

No I wasn't.

Then what would you like to hear on a Star Wars compilation album?

Neil