The state of my life...

Sandor

Hi board,

Just want to let you know about me and the direction my life has taken. I really feel bad, but actually about a good thing. Or not?

Last week I met this beautiful, sweet philippino girl in Rotterdam. I always fancy Asian girls. I've had several Dutch girlfriends in the past, but Asian girls are so much sweeter and nicer. I respect them more for whatever reason.

Anyway; this girl is staying with her sister for three months and has no plans to stay in Holand. I took her to a disco, we danced a lot. Last night she asked me to sleep at her place. I did. We had very intimate, close contact. I wanted it to last forever.

I love this girl. I miss her so much it really, really hurts. I want her to stay, but she really wants to go back to the Philippines... Sigh... What must I do?

Tommorow I'll be going on a two week holiday to Italy. Sigh again...

All the choices in my life, the bad ones too, have eventually led me into meeting this one girl. That feels good.

See you guys in two weeks!

Bye!

Roald

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have friends here who are willing to listen if you need them to.

We wont judge you too harshly ;):joke:

It sure is good to see you post.

Hope you have a good vacation.

Joe. :mrgreen:

Just try to remember that the state of your life right now is just temporary, you WILL feel better, even though you may think otherwise, and in the end the happy memories of the time you spend with this girl will be a lot stonger then your pain is now.

Happy holiday.

Stefancos- who knows love can really hurt like hell. :mrgreen:

Just try to remember that the state of your life right now is just temporary, you WILL feel better, even though you may think otherwise
:mrgreen:

Ricard- who really misses Roald.

When I grow up I wanna be like Roald!!! :mrgreen:

But seriously... I`ve been in many hurtful relationships that started like you went to heaven... hope the best comes out of this!!!!

Your friend Hector

knightrider_kitt@hotmail.com

I don't know whether to feel sorry for you or to congratulate you? :)

Sometimes I envy people when it comes to this...I just don't fall for anyone at all....ever.

The last time and only time I was head over heels was when I was about 12, 13 or 14 or so, about half way though my life thus far. But that was, naturally, nothing more than puppy love at that age. Never happened again. :confused:

Oh well. She must have been a real witch to make me not get in love anymore :)

Anyway, just make sure you make the right decision. I don't know how much this girl actually means something to you or how much you mean something to her, but if she does then...well...a vacation is nothing more than a vacation.

I think My Life by the Beatles is a more appropriate piece for Roald. It helps put things in perspective.

The last time and only time I was head over heels was when I was about 12, 13 or 14 or so, about half way though my life thus far. But that was, naturally, nothing more than puppy love at that age. Never happened again.  :confused:

That is the single saddest thing i have ever heard in my life. :cry:

I'd think you'd be worried about more important things like not having The Fury yet  :mrgreen:

I think you overstimate the importance of this release, or any release for that matter.

Stefancos- :roll:

To clarify, he should try and get over it, because it's just an instinctive obsession forced on him. Which is fine when you are able to enjoy it.. but..

Well, never successfully :P

Clearly.... :roll:

I've been too busy mourning my own sad story (missing the concert in Cleveland) to be much good around here, but I had to jump in and give a fellow JWMB vet a pat on the shoulder. It'll pass, my friend, one way or another. Either way, however, it's better in my book to have experienced it and to cherish the memory than to never have something like that happen at all, and miss out on one of those occurrences that makes life such a passionate adventure.... :P

A similar thing happened to me years ago....one girl, one night. Never again. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

On the other hand....life could still be worse for you, Mr. James Bond. Would that some of us could say, "Well, I've lost her to the Phillipines....but, hey, it's off to Italy now...." :cool:

- Uni

Hi Roald.

I hope you're feeling a little better.

Here's a girl's take on this:

I'm so happy that you have a wonderful memory. Things happen in life for a reason. We may not know now what they are but eventually we'll figure them out. If fate has it that you meet a great partner, cherish it. If fate has other things in the making for you and your partner has to leave, cherish it. It hurts but it all happens for a reason. You wouldn't be who you are today without each and every incident making up your past. These times with that girl may put you in seventh heaven and that is wonderful! But if it's not meant to be with ease, then it's not meant to be. You have to be good to yourself and accept it's pain. It's for the better or she would have been able to stay. Who knows, down the road you may actually run into her again someplace. Fate has brought you together once, it can do it again.

I want you to be happy. She wants you to be happy (if she's as nice as she sounds). I'm sure both of you will be remembering your excellent time together. Remember her and your times fondly and accept your loss. Fate will explain itself someday.

:P

I've fallen in love a few times, but I was turned down by every single on of them.

I've never even kissed a girl.

So I actually envy you.

Romão, who wished Acrros the Stars was already composed when his romantic life started to go nowhere.

Joe's right, Roald, don't ever be afraid to come here and spill your guts. It may be off-topic :roll: , but as you know, that never really stops some of us. :thumbup: And don't worry, I may be a world-class son of a bitch sometimes, but I never attack anyone over troubles of the heart. Lord knows, I've seen my share of that kind of pain -- as indeed I'm sure we all have (except Morn, that is :P ).

Of course, my screen persona is not that of one who generously doles out compliments :biglaugh:, but what Steef says is of the deepest wisdom :lsvader: . It may hurt very much, and in the most vulnerable sort of way, but remember this too shall pass. I wish I myself could always heed that advice! I usually dish it out, and then wind up wasting months and sometimes years of my life afraid to let go. That is foolish.

Of course, in your case, it doesn't look like you have a choice. :cry: Perhaps you should have broken up with her before you went to Italy. A change of scenery is always good for a man in your situation. At all costs, keep occupied. Don't brood. And don't do anything stupid like try and follow her back to the Phillipines. You'll be man-o'-war food in no-time. :nopity:

It's probably not the most helpful thing for you to hear right now, but I don't truck with anyone who is trying to tell you at least it will be a happy memory. :fouetaa: I have a whole arsenal of such memories, and believe me, they may be beautiful, but there will probably always be a melancholy tinge to them. :mrgreen: But you shouldn't let it cripple you. There will be other experiences. I know this is the single most hated piece of advice ever given to the lovelorn, but it's true. It will not always hurt so much. bawling

Whether or not there is a "reason" is debatable. But I suppose that all depends upon your own beliefs. One thing Ren is right about, good or bad, these are the experiences that shape us, and it's up to you to find the good in it. Either learn from it, savor it, or let it go. :thumbup:

All the best to you, my friend. :cool:

Figo, who handles his own disappointments in love the old fashioned way -- by getting shitfaced drunk and mouldering in his apartment. :P

By the way, Uni -- LOL

Geez, now I got depressed.

I'm in love with a girl since last year and the feeling is not mutual, and it's pretty hard to see her with one of my best friends (although I rather have it that way than with a guy that I don't know).

Treasure what you have. Memories are the greatest treasures in this life.

And I prefer to be sorry of what I did, rather than be sorry of what I didn't.

banghead bawling Romão, realy missing his unachievable beloved.

:P Across the stars

Geez, now I got depressed.

I'm in love with a girl since last year and the feeling is not mutual, and it's pretty hard to see her with one of my best friends.

Sheesh, that is depressing. :P

I prefer to be sorry of what I did, rather than be sorry of what I didn't.

Brother, ain't that the truth!

Figo, who has always been happiest and most successful when he acts before he thinks.

Well, actually -- that isn't entirely true. :wow:

Figo, who has always been happiest and most successful when he acts before he thinks.

Dude, don't even get me started on that one.

Stefancos- who's usually razorsharp mind turns into a useless blob of pudding when girls are involved. :oops:

See, Roald? Your personal misfortune has been turned into an excuse for more male-bonding. Nothing brings guys of disparate backgrounds together more quickly than commiserating about women and love.

Can't you just see Roald wandering the ruins of Italy, like Byron's Childe Harold? Quite romantic, actually.

Figo, whose had his fill of that kind of romance. :cry2: bawling

I do not know Byron's Childe Harold, so i really can't.

I can imagine him wondering through Italy like Lectin did in Hannibal.

Figo, whose had his fill of that kind of romance.

Still, it beats having none what so ever...

Stefancos- who knows it is better to have loved and lost...bla...bla...bla (finish the damn cliche yourself) :roll:

A better cliche is Love will hit you when you least expect it.

Joe, whose 10 anniversary will be February 14th, 2003. What is that paper, diamonds, silver. Joe panicking because he will be expected to get it right.

Fortunately you have six months to do so. :roll: Better do an internet search! :P

I'm glad at least to see no one here recommended that Roald join the Foreign Legion -- to forget!

Figo, who has considered it, but with his luck would wind up with John Carradine as his sadistic commanding officer.

If there's one thing I want to take out of my head is romance.

Well, anyway, I just want her to be happy...

Not I got depressed again banghead

Back to Across the Stars

I'm so happy that you have a wonderful memory.  Things happen in life for a reason.  We may not know now what they are but eventually we'll figure them out.  If fate has it that you meet a great partner, cherish it.  If fate has other things in the making for you and your partner has to leave, cherish it.  It hurts but it all happens for a reason.

Bah, that's not fate, it's cause and effect.

Lord knows, I've seen my share of that kind of pain -- as indeed I'm sure we all have (except Morn, that is  ).

I've had similar experiences to Merkel! :) I was trying to help! In my own... Vulcan like way :jump:

Figo, who handles his own disappointments in love the old fashioned way -- by getting shitfaced drunk and mouldering in his apartment

:baaa:

:roll:

If there's one thing I want to take out of my head is romance.

:D

Roald -- I'm sorry and glad to hear about your situation. Having to part with someone who you really love is a very hard thing to do. Cherish the memories and follow your heart!

~Harry

In my experience women are only interested in two things. Money, sex and a car. Well, make that three. :mad:

Well really you can just group money and a car into the general category of luxury. Which is what women REALLY love!

Hope you feel better, Roald. Hang in there. Feel fortunate that you experienced that much. Some don't ever.

I know what you mean about asian girls. They are SO nice, SO caring, SO courteous, and SO respectful. It's a very rare trait in "modern" western women, and that's a shame.

Think of it this way... you're ahead of me so far... my girlfriend lives in Thailand and we can't afford to be together just yet (Immigration policies make it hard unless one or both of you have a hefty bank account, which neither of us currently have :) ). Long distance relationship is an understatement here. It's a constant "missing" feeling. :cry: All we can do is she goes to school and I plug away at work and try to save money (what little I make... the curse of the starving artist... D'OH!!!).

I've been recently meeting some nice girl friends (some of which I have mutual, reciprocating crushes on, and one of those is a big Williams fan! Wow!), but I have been forever faithful to my Thai princess.. and I'll try to continue to do so. :mrgreen:

Hope you feel better, Roald. Hang in there. Feel fortunate that you experienced that much. Some don't ever.

That's true! And Roald, try to always look on the bright side of life! (whistling :mrgreen: ) Sometimes it's very hard, but just try it! As you see, we are ALL with you!

In my experience women are only interested in two things. Money, sex and a car. Well, make that three.

:?

Aghem, who have fallen in love with one wonderful girl and is too shy to tell her, what he feels... bawling

Get a clue guys,

for older women it is about money, an possession

for younger girls, its all about the hair and the nails.

Joe, who doesn't have to play the game anymore

10th anniversary=tin/aluminum. So I will buy a pie safe. That should keep me out of trouble for 2 or 3 years.

I would get killed for that.

And for the record, I came into this world with 9 holes in my body, and I plan on going out with 9 holes in my body. Since I shave my head, I don't have hair at all on top of my head, so no ponytail.

I would get killed for that.

And for the record, I came into this world with 9 holes in my body, and I plan on going out with 9 holes in my body.  Since I shave my head, I don't have hair at all on top of my head, so no ponytail.

You have 9 holes???

Stefancos- who only counted 4 (or 5, if you include censored)

Well, we can get picky. Your belly button isn't really a hole in your body. It's just a cave, or something of the like. And, are you counting each nostril as a hole or one collectively?

~Harry :mrgreen:

ok then 9 holes it is.

2 ears,

2 tear ducts

2 nostril

1 mouth(big?)

2 below the waist.

Heres hoping that Roald finds the humor of his post degenerating into the number of body orifices.

Aghem, who have fallen in love with one wonderful girl and is too shy to tell her, what he feels...  bawling

I've been there too many times, especially when I was still in school.

Solution: Make good friends with her closest friends and pass along the info 2nd hand from someone who's judgement she trusts! :)

-Chris, Who took years to figure that one out by accident just recently... :cry: