What do you think of RotS (the film, not the score) now?

robthehand

Your New Vote: 1 (awful) - 10 (amazing)  

60 members have voted

1. 1.

Marc, still wondering why the hell Dooku does that crazy salto when he jumps off the ramp. Jumping down is bad enough when there's a stairway five feet away. banghead

I know! Christopher Lee is fit as a fiddle!

The worse special effect is ObiWan beeing crushed by that beam during the Dooku duel

Yeah, he really looked like his whole lower body had been pinned down, then a few shots later, he's all right.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6. They could have made such a more balanced and interesting movie out of this. Imagine that the Mace Windu/Palpatine and the Obi Wan/Anakin duels weren't there (which make up for about 15 mins), the rest is just noisy special effects without any direction.

6. They could have made such a more balanced and interesting movie out of this. Imagine that the Mace Windu/Palpatine and the Obi Wan/Anakin duels weren't there (which make up for about 15 mins), the rest is just noisy special effects without any direction.

Interesting? I thought the Obi Wan/Anakin duel was the weakest part of the movie, noisy and without any direction.

Interesting? I thought the Obi Wan/Anakin duel was the weakest part of the movie, noisy and without any direction.

Maybe, but the remainder is even more noisy with even less direction. At least those two duels grabbed my attention. From the rest of the movie I don't remember anything else (except for the opening and the Darth Vader Rises scene, which are ok).

I thought the Anakin/Obi Wan duel was way too flashy and MTV-styled. Each 2 seconds there's another cut. One can hardly make out the moves. The constant close-ups or objects blocking the view didn't help things either. There was no story in the choreography. There was nothing to make it engaging. No buildup, no tension, no gracefullness, no climax. Just two people doing a speedy, monotonous fight for 15 minutes against a highly unrealistic background. Dramatically, it's the worst duel I've ever seen. It is during this moment that I lost all interest. It all stood in stark contrast to the great Darth Maul vs. Qui-Gon/Obi Wan fight.

----------------

Alex Cremers

It was another level of Star Wars: The Videogame, just like the conveyor belt sequence in AotC.

Much like chasm crossfire.

Fle platforms avobe the lava and shielded and possibly cooled too.

And the platform dooku put over OBi wan is not dead weight, he just bends the metal and traps him...

And Yoda looks like the Puppet but moves like the puppet could have dreamt to. And its great. And the puppet look is what people wanted.

Much like chasm crossfire.

The diffrence here is that that scene is actually interesting. :)

And the platform dooku put over OBi wan is not dead weight, he just bends the metal and traps him...

Sure looked like a bridge fell on him and PUSHED HIM ACROSS THE FLOOR WITH IT'S BONE CRUSHING WEIGHT.

And Yoda looks like the Puppet but moves like the puppet could have dreamt to. And its great. And the puppet look is what people wanted.

Exactly, they want people to believe it's a puppet yet it moves in ways a puppet could never move. Something is wrong....

Justin

When Obiwan and Anakin begin Dueling, there is tons of tension. The dialogue scene before is a very painful, emotional scene, and we feel the tragedy of the two friends fighting as soon as the music gets fast paced. The end of the duel is even more emotional than the beginning.

The context of these two scenes paints the duel. Someone watching the movies as a story (and not as a lump of clay to be appraised coldly by comparing it to a twenty year old film which was every fanboy's wet dream) tends to put what is called "context" into the actual duel itself.

I also don't deny that there is continuity in the movies, and I love the advantages of modern filmmaking, but I just don't think they are used to maximum effect in this movie. Still if we regard the duel sequences above average, two sequences alone don't make a good movie.

Luke Skywalker wrote:

perfect movies do not exist.

I can name a few.

No, perfect movies don't exist. And very few movies are as bad as some people make them out ot be. It's just their sad attempt to exaggerate claims to make themselves "hip." As if bashing a SW movie makes you any less of a nerd for being here or on any other message board indirectly related to it. Sad, sad people.

Every one who posts here is a nerd.

I find that remark.....insulting.

Neil

Neil: Nerd In Denial

He responded with a Star Trek quote? How is that denial?

Justin

Every one who posts here is a nerd.

I find that remark.....insulting.

Neil

Neil: Nerd In Denial

He responded with a Star Trek quote? How is that denial?

Justin

:)

Neil