POTC 2 trailer

BurgaFlippinMan

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also noticed Zimmer is working on this one.

You didn't knew that?

It has been said that Zimmer has been hired to score both upcoming POTC 2 and POTC 3.

Don't know if he'll use some of the millions MV's co-composers, thought. :)

But he surely will. I'm already imaging "Music composed by Hans Zimmer. Original themes by Klaus Badelt." Man, what a duet. :roll:

I love Johnny Depp.. I laugh everytime I see that part where they say he's marked...

I love it... I'm really begining to like him. I mean, his acting is just phenominall... I got to meet a guy in Key West who is working at this Pirates Museum and he's created a character that is kinda like a Jack Sparrow... but of course, isn't, because of copy right...

But that guy pulls it off brilliantly... (really hot too :-p) damn fine...

But yea... Go Jonny...

also noticed Zimmer is working on this one.

You didn't knew that?

It has been said that Zimmer has been hired to score both upcoming POTC 2 and POTC 3.

Don't know if he'll use some of the millions MV's co-composers, thought. :)

But he surely will. I'm already imaging "Music composed by Hans Zimmer. Original themes by Klaus Badelt." Man, what a duet. :roll:

no i didnt :oops: for a film music fan, i dont really keep up with composers upcoming work. whatever titbit i do know is usually because i keep up with certain directors upcoming work. :) i do enjoy being suprised at the theater though, like, watching the movie halfway and thinking (hey, this was probably written by so-and-so and watching the credits to confirm my hunch.)

i do enjoy being suprised at the theater though, like, watching the movie halfway and thinking (hey, this was probably written by so-and-so and watching the credits to confirm my hunch.)

That's cool, althought you don't have a lot of surprises if you go to the cinema to see a Spielberg's movie. :)

This is no suprise for me.

Watch the credits of the soundtack from the first movie ... Music by Klaus Badelt, composed by Hans Zimmer.

He composed the first score, but didnt conducted it.

The first POTC score was a mishmash of music from a ton of MV composers, Badelt and Zimmer most prominantly, Verbinski says so on the commentary.

Max

Looks like another great fun movie-- I love the duel in & on the moving wheel.

As for the music, I'm afraid the producer will gain force them to do a MV making of rather than let Zimmer compose something original.

obpir0008.gif

You've all misread the credit. It says "Music by Carl Orff", it's as clear as day......oh, it's not? Sorry.

Am I the only one getting tired of the blatant Carmina Burana rip offs? Listen to the music in that trailer and tell me you don't hear it.

Tim

i do enjoy being suprised at the theater though, like, watching the movie halfway and thinking (hey, this was probably written by so-and-so and watching the credits to confirm my hunch.)

That's cool, althought you don't have a lot of surprises if you go to the cinema to see a Spielberg's movie. :|

Maybe, though I think Zimmer (or nowadays, MV) and Horner are the easiest guesses most of the time. I've managed Goldsmith and Thomas Newman too though. :P

I can't wait to miss this movie.

Neil - who absolutley despises the first Pirates of the Caribbean

Have you ever gone on the ride at Disneyland? Its fun to see what parts of the movie they coppied from the ride, like the dog with the keys for example.

I loved the movie and the score. MV copies themselves all the time, I never got what the big deal was with POTC. Anyway, the film itself was far from an 'old-fashioned' pirate adventure.