Shindler list

lamiahp

This evening in france they wil put Shindler list on TV! I have liked this score it is sad but very beautiful!

what do you think about it?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This evening in france they wil put Shindler list on TV! I have liked this score it is sad but very beautiful!

what do you think about it?

I didn't know !

Thanks for the information :wave:

It definitely is one of the most haunting sorrowful pieces of music ever, and I haven't even seen the film

The film is overrated, not much happens in it.

It definitely is one of the most haunting sorrowful pieces of music ever, and I haven't even seen the film

I very much hope that you are joking.

That's an odd comment, concidering the setting.

I think it is one of the best scores ever, though I am quite sick of the main theme. The Rememberance theme is IMO a much stronger theme, and strikes me as more heartfelt. I love how JW captured the tone of the specific set-pieces of the film......'Schindler's Workforce' is just so spot on, he allowes himself to write music with a comical edge, which not every composer would do. 'Immolition' is one of the most emotional and evocative pieces I've heard, where JW uses the chorus to act as the voice of the dead, crying out in protest, yet they're crying out a message of optimism, which the music kind of drowns out.....A brilliant piece, says so much. The music for Auschwitz captures the palpable dread, the end of all life, all happiness.

The album may not be one of JW's very best, it is certainly not something one listens to as often as, say, Raiders or Superman, but the emotion invested in the music, as well as the perfect use of it in the film, makes for one of the best scores I've ever heard. It kind of works like JFK does. Brilliant pieces of music that capture the emotion in such a sublimely perfect way.

The score is one of Williams' best and the film at times is a mixed bag but I think it's well deserving of the praise because it does contain some powerful moments.

Some people keep saying it's a hard score to listen to. Well, it's hard because the subject matter is hard and sad, but the music, imo, is really top-notch Williams. I never get tired of the main theme, for instance. "I Could Have Done More," "Jewish Town," "Schindler's Workforce," "Making The List," . . . I go back to these tracks again and again. Theme from Schindler's List, I might have listened to once too often, though . . .

As a matter of fact, I put on that score more often than say, Raiders or E.T. :|

Overrated, but worthy of it's Oscar and a great listen if you're in the mood....

I don't think it's at all overrated. The music worked beautifully in the film, and it's just as beautiful when listened to on its own.

i think sometime in the film the music don't correspond on the moment but a very beautiful music! the themes are simple i love them

I think Alex is referring to Shindler List, not Schindler's List,

but either way, they are overrated.

Schindler's List is a classic, both the film and the score. I do not think the score is overrated in any way. Williams put huge effort into it and it shows in the music as both restraint and elegance. The score sounds like nothing he had done before or has done since. It deserved the Oscar and all the acclaim it got.