Wow, I was sure I was watching the same trailer until I caught that scene with Bilbo hiding and Gandalf running.

No bunnies of Death?

Da Bunnies of Doom. Get it right Cosman!

Maybe they'll show up in the new trailer thats coming around September.

I for one would love them to adapt the whole Old Forest/Tom Bombadil/Barrow Downs scene for The Hobbit

Yup, but it sure as hell won't be there.

That new trailer truly had minimal new footage. And I still think half of the Dwarves look awful. Thorin should have a long beard for Dwarves' sake!

You're stupid if you think that. PJ is the lord of Middle-Earth now. He can do whatever he wants with it. Even include characters from other stories such as Humpty Dumpty or Sonic the Hedgehog!

I'm waiting for Justin Bieber's cameo. You know what, why don't we just turn it all into a musical!

hobbit_musical_jpg.png

Featuring: Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber and Leonard Nimoy!

Isn't patience the main virtue of film music fans, alongside the ever adorable obsessiveness? I just thought it would be nice for people to know that Doug is now officially onboard.

I'm pretty sure it comes out before that ;)

I mean, You have to subtract the three years it took the Complete Recordings to be released, and certainly the years it took for the CR project to start, and also the year the book was delayed.

If CR versions are released they won't be released in conjunction with the OST releases. It would be a bad business practice.

Even if you know a CD is coming, you will still wanna but the OST. If the OST and CD go on sale on the same time, you will just go for the CR, right?

Yeah although I would say most regular fans might still buy the OST instead of the CR.

I was talking about soundtrack fans.

Most people will buy the OST and be done with it. Soundtrack fans will buy the OST first and the CR later.

Certainly. OSTs are full of alternates!

No it's not that.

Say you already knew that the CD were coming a year after the release of the OST. Would you really wait a year?

Hey you didn't understand the humor in my above comment. Of course most film score fans would buy everything related to the franchise!

Maybe they'll just release CR's?

Unless Shore is lobbying really really really hard for such a plan I do not see it happening and it is a remote chance as the sales of the OST are pretty much guaranteed and produce larger numbers by far.

Who release just the CD's if you can maximize your profit by 2 releases.

Exactly.

No.

So many scores are being released digitally these days, sometimes I feel we are lucky to still have physical CDs.

A soundtrack CD, for the studio, is as much a marketing tool as anything else, and few, except real soundtrack fans, would probably spend the money for a three disc set.

Also, I very much doubt all the music would be ready for release by the time the film is released, knowing all the last minute rescoring that was done on LOTR.

And inevitably if there are going to be EE versions of the films, they could not even release all the music at the time of the films' initial release.

What is the ominous second book Doug is talking about?

Makes one think how great it would be if he writes a book about the Starwars music. Considering Lucasfilm released extensive books on almost all aspects of the movies over the last 10 years it would make perfect sense. Anything on the music is still missing (They already released books on Sets, Art, Sound Effects, Costumes, General Making Of and Filming).

Who release just the CD's if you can maximize your profit by 2 releases.

Exactly.

i don't see the need for speculation here. I'm certain that Shore's music will have the same mess of multiple releases as it did with LotR. Reprise Records may have pissed us fans off by holding off the CRs for so long (while putting out a bunch of crap like limited editions and stuff) but their strategies sure as hell brought in a lot of cash. And if they were to do it the same way again, we'd all fall prey to their schemes yet again. It's just good business to do it as they did before.

And although I was sort of hoping we'd get a trailer with new music, I'm very happy about the recording sessions! To think, there is now officially recorded Middle-Earth music that we haven't heard yet!

I still haven't finished reading The Music of the Lord of the Rings. Every time I try I become mesmerized by Shore's and Adam's autographs.