Koray Savas

The Official South Park Thread

South Park 21x08 Moss Piglets

I thought that was pretty good.  I was glad they continued the Cartman feeding Heidi meat and her getting fat bit and it wasn't just a one-episode joke, and her taking on his personality was really funny.  The Nathan/Mimsy vs Timmy/Jimmy story was pretty good too, though I dunno if the NFL angle it took eventually worked as well as the setup until then did.

Basically not a great episode but is a good baseline for the standard quality the show should have.  If most episodes were like this and then occasionally we get amazing episodes that are better, I'd be perfectly happen.  Instead we just get a lot of clunkers and ones at even this level are hard to come by lately

South Park 21x09 Super Hard PCNess

The subplot with PC Principal / Strong Woman and Mr Mackey / Miss Conduct was pretty funny, as was Heidi/Cartman.  The stuff with Kyle now being against Terrance and Philip and them suddenly being really old (?) and having a Netflix show was meh.

Also, why did they call Kyle a Millenial in the show?  Aren't Millennials people who are like in their 20s or early 30s right now?

30ebe0c8d.png

Anyways, preview for tonight's season finale:

Another round of boring, unfunny Trump-bashing. The only well-executed joke that made me laugh was the fox trap. Where's the Trey and Matt who tried their hardest for almost two decades to show both sides of the coin and how they both can be right in their own way?

On 12/6/2017 at 3:40 PM, Jay said:

Also, why did they call Kyle a Millenial in the show?  Aren't Millennials people who are like in their 20s or early 30s right now?

Let's be frank. Kyle IS in his 20s, since the show began about twenty years ago. Lol. 

I'm watching last week's episode. They clearly made Kyle a "millennial" because they needed a word that starts with M. As in his mom's Mothers Against Canada as they rehash the Bigger Longer Uncut movie. Kyle is really becoming his mother. 

I see Terrance and Philip getting old as a parody of when our entertainers get old and slow down. And because they remember when this all happened before. 

I'm waiting for the Bryan Adams reference. 

That's it?? 

South Park 21x10 Splatty Tomato

That was kinda lame.  Felt like they just slapped together any random ideas they had for the season that hadn't yet made it in and called it a day.

They seemed to kind of try this season to do independent episodes like their glory days, and tried to avoid Trump stuff like they claimed they would do in interviews, but gradually got pulled back into both heavily serialized storytelling and Trump stuff.

A lot of the random parodies this week were just odd, way too half-baked to have any impact.  And the final message about Whites needing to band together to take down Trump was also just as half baked as everything else. 

A meh ending to a meh season.

I am enjoying this season so far!

This week's weed farm episode was pretty funny.  They all have been pretty funny, really.

Finished the season last night.  The final two-parter with Amazon and Bezos was pretty damn funny, and I liked how in the season finale they threaded in all the plots from the whole season.  Good season of TV all around.

Right, exactly!  I think after they had big success some seasons ago with a big 3part story once per season, they tried to do entire 10-episode arcs for the past few seasons, and while it was a valiant effort, it just didn't work.  They finally found the right formula this year with a blend of one-off stories and some 2parters mixed in, which threads that run througout like Tedrigy farms and school shootings, without trying to connect the plots all season.  Good stuff.

South Park had some slow years when they were more focused on Book of Mormon, but last season was pretty good. Still funnier than most comedies being made these days even if it's not as good as its own older seasons. 

11 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I wish all of these 20+ year animated shows would get taken out back and shot.  Put out of their misery.

Absolutely agree when it comes to the show that gave you your username, but South Park is still pretty funny. 

I tend to have an inverse relationship with South Park than most people do - when they realized that their quick turnaround time allowed them to respond to news items of the week, that's when I lost most of my interest.  South Park, along with The Simpsons, Family Guy, and American Dad, is one of many shows that I watched because it was something to do, but happily kicked out of my life once my kid was born.  We still watch Bob's Burgers, which I think is the exemplary prime time animated sitcom at this moment.

I gave up on this last season. I'm rebinging it now and I gotta say it's not as consistently great as I remembered. I'm generally really enjoying the more absurdist/grossout random idiocy episodes where most of the humour comes from the kids being kids instead of the social/political trends of the week or Randy being stupid again. 

If you’re a grumpy pessimist, South Park wants you to know that your instinct is always right and you never need to change.  I’m not saying their targets are undeserving, but the South Park stance isn’t always very thoughtful.

Im sure I could look past all that if I thought it was funny.