What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

1 hour ago, publicist said:

I tried some episodes 2 years before. Nah...

That's how I'm feeling really, but I'll give it two more. If I don't laugh out loud once then it's done with. 

Viewer brutality in the golden era of television! 

48 minutes ago, Baby Jane Hudson said:

I've watched and enjoyed many comedies I didn't laugh out loud at.

I think this is normal behaviour for lone viewing. With others though, audible laughter is an inevitability and is infectious by nature. 

A room full of people sitting silently through a comedy means it isn't funny. I last experienced this phenomenon during Rat Race

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Drax, Riverdale is on Netflix.

You live in the USA, so see it on USA Netflix. That doesn't automatically mean it's on Australian Netflix. Besides, didn't he give up on Netflix after his free month?

GOT S7E6.

I realise a lot happened, but the first half hour didn't really meet my expectations.

I did love Tyrion when he was pleading with Dany not to go, but am wondering why she needs a hand if she no longer wants to listen to his advcie. Also very curious as to whether

Daenerys has realised she and Jon are related yet.

The audio commentary certainly seems to imply that, so I'm thinking maybe she's not broken the news to him yet because she doesn't want him to stand in her way (though, come to think of it, that wouldn't be something for Jon to do). And he finally

bended the knee!

Bravo.

Also, how stupid is Arya! That's just not realistic. Really disappointed in that twist, but then again her storyline started to become boring the moment she started training with the Faceless Men.

Audio commentary?  Like a blu ray special feature you mean?  And no, Dany doesn't know it yet.  Only Bran and Sam know.

Oh yes, sorry. BloodBoal is right. It was during the final moments where she's by his bedside, or just before that. The narrator suddenly went: 'She looks at Jon as if suddenly realising something'. So I thought: she realised he survived the assault, aka he's got special powers like her (resisting fire), aka they are related.

I don't think Jon is fireproof like she is

And yea, she probably just realizes she's in love with him or something like that.

For certain only Bran and Sam (and Gilly) know the truth

Well, I stuck with Riverdale, mainly to watch Veronica. She's easily one of the hottest chicks ever.

latest?cb=20150429213506

It got good! It's kind of like the second season of Twin Peaks, how it starts off good, gets boring and pointless and then gets good again.

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Well, I stuck with Riverdale, mainly to watch Veronica. She's easily one of the hottest chicks ever.

latest?cb=20150429213506

It got good! It's kind of like the second season of Twin Peaks, how it starts off good, gets boring and pointless and then gets good again.

Shall we expect Veronica to join the forum in the future?

Riverdale was some bad shit. Angsty teenage drama fluff glossed over with high production values and dressed up like "Golden Age TV". If anything, shows like that are heralding the end of that era.

That's exactly why Drax will love it.

I'm having a hard time finishing Westworld. When HBO is making ordinary TV, that's when you know that the Golden Age Of Television is over.

The Expanse.

First 3 eps. Solid pulp sci-fi mystery by the looks of it. Visually ambitious, probably a bit more than it's budget allows. Mixture of cop noir and cold war political intrigue. 

Most of the main cast are unknowns apart from Thomas Jane, who moves though the plot, and the locations of a remote space colony with a disarming nonchalance. 

Invested without being blown away. But I'll finish the first season for sure.

On 29/09/2017 at 1:00 PM, Quintus said:

Well, I don't really know Djawadi's work all that much. But outside of the terrific main theme, his Game of Thrones music is a massive pile of shite. 

Incidentally, after sitting through almost the entire first season of The Strain (my new Walking Dead alcove), I was most surprised to finally catch Djawadi's name show up in the opening credits the other night. It suddenly occurred to me that all these hours in and I hadn't even paid attention to the musical soundtrack this show has. I don't even know what it sounds like. That's a measure of this guy's influence and competence as a score composer. Literally invisible to me. 

1 hour ago, publicist said:

I liked some of 'Fargo's score. But generally they trust the use of popular music more than a single composer's vision.

Using pop music in film or a TV series doesn't have anything to do with not trusting a composer but with aiming for a different effect or feeling. But you know that, right?

But that's not really the mandate. It's just that a lot of tv makers have been breastfeeded on this kind of popular needle droppings (blame Scorsese and Tarantino). From what i've read in composer interviews a lot of younger filmmakers trust their own record collections much more than the instincts of a musical collaborator. It shows.