What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

I wouldn't mind €10.99 a month if the content on it was good enough but it isn't. 

The films are the type of films that even RTÉ has already shown and I don't think Netflix's original content is as stellar as some. House of Cards is event TV but it's not worth that type of money. 

I've actually just cancelled my account!

The movies are a letdown but usually they always have a TV series that I enjoy. And then 9 Euro is much cheaper than buying TV series on Blu-ray.

I dunno, 

I use Apple Music every day and I think it's really worth the €9.99 I pay for it. 

Netflix in Ireland has a pretty bad catalogue though to be fair. The American/Canadian/etc. do seem to be a lot better but they were cracking down on VPNs and I've just decided that it's not worth the hassle. 

If Disney start their streaming service I might get more use out of that if they start to produce original Star Wars content for it. 

Apple are also developing something too. 

10 minutes ago, Quintus said:

I pay £7.50 for two screens HD. But it's rising to £8.

That's the deal I was on. It was costing me the equivalent of £8.97 though. Maybe that's just Irish VAT but nearly £1.50 extra for the same service is pretty shitty. 

I started watching Bates Motel. It's off to a promising start. A weird mother/son relationship, murder, cute girls that will probably be murdered, a book of naked sex torture, CRT TVs, nice clothes and sets that seem accurate enough to the original movie despite being an obvious reboot. Is this the best show ever?

Curb Your Enthusiasm 9x02 The Pickle Gambit

Hilarious!  Another great episode.  The season's off to a great start

GOT S7 finale.

I really enjoyed seeing all these people coming together. I'm also very glad that

Cersei finally turned against Jamie, so now he has a reason to kill her at last.

I do have a few questions:

- Sansa claims that Baelish is the one who started everything by telling the Starks that the Lannisters had murdered Jon Arryn, but how does Sansa know this? Did Baelish ever confess that piece of information to Sansa?

- Does this mean that Arya and Sansa's bickering was faked to play into Baelish's hands, or was Arya genuinely being annoying? If it was faked, how did that help anyone? Why couldn't Arya just tell Sansa that Baelish had asked her for that scroll and be done with it there and then?

- What was Baelish's ultimate master plan? He turned two houses against each other, killed Geoffry, murdered Lisa, wanted to protect Sansa, sold Sansa to Bolton, saved her again, and turned the two sisters against each other, but what's in all this for him? Does he want the Throne with Sansa and only turn the sisters against each other to protect himself from suspicion?

- Robert's rebellion was a hoax, but who knew about that? Robert, Ned, or neither?

- Jon and Dany really are brother and sister, right? (I'm sorry if this is a foolish question, but during that last flashback, I thought Jon's mother suddenly gave him a different name and I got confused (also because the dialogue in my files is recorded very badly).)

Scorpion. S4E1 Star Trek Voyager. It was on at 6 am as I prepared for work.

36 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Hide contents

- Sansa claims that Baelish is the one who started everything by telling the Starks that the Lannisters had murdered Jon Arryn, but how does Sansa know this? Did Baelish ever confess that piece of information to Sansa?

If I remember correctly,

Spoiler

Sansa learned that right before Littlefinger killed Lysa Arryn (a few seasons ago): in that scene, Lysa reminded Littlefinger she did as he asked her back then, that is to say to send a message to her sister (Catelyn Stark) pretending the Lannisters had killed her husband.

Hide contents

- Does this mean that Arya and Sansa's bickering was faked to play into Baelish's hands, or was Arya genuinely being annoying? If it was faked, how did that help anyone? Why couldn't Arya just tell Sansa that Baelish had asked her for that scroll and be done with it there and then?

Spoiler

It is unclear exactly how much of the bickering between Arya and Sansa was faked (and thus part of the plan to fool Littlefinger) and how much of it was genuine. It seems people have different opinions regarding that.

Hide contents

- Robert's rebellion was a hoax

Spoiler

What? It wasn't a hoax: Robert (and thus everyone following him) truly believed Raeghar had captured Lyanna against her will. No one knew Raeghar and Lyanna truly loved each other.

Hide contents

- Jon and Dany really are brother and sister, right?

Spoiler

Nope. Dany is Jon's aunt (Raeghar was Dany's brother).

7 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

GOT S7 finale.

I really enjoyed seeing all these people coming together. I'm also very glad that

Hide contents

Cersei finally turned against Jamie, so now he has a reason to kill her at last.

Hide contents

- What was Baelish's ultimate master plan? He turned two houses against each other, killed Geoffry, murdered Lisa, wanted to protect Sansa, sold Sansa to Bolton, saved her again, and turned the two sisters against each other, but what's in all this for him? Does he want the Throne with Sansa and only turn the sisters against each other to protect himself from suspicion?

- Robert's rebellion was a hoax, but who knew about that? Robert, Ned, or neither?

- Jon and Dany really are brother and sister, right? (I'm sorry if this is a foolish question, but during that last flashback, I thought Jon's mother suddenly gave him a different name and I got confused (also because the dialogue in my files is recorded very badly).)

1) Off screen, Sansa talked to Bran and he used his 3 Eyed Raven powers to see Baelish's crimes.

2) The bickering Arya and Sansa was real, and is frankly just bad writing.  Benioff and Weiss basically admitted it was just done to trick the audience so the true person on trial at the trial is more of a shock.  Sansa didn't figure out Baelish's intentions until the "imagine your enemy's worst motivations" conversation.

3) That's one of the biggest disappointments of the season; beyond wanting to marry Sansa, its not really clear exactly what his big grand plan was if he even had one any more.  

4 & 5) You seem very confused about the backstory of the show, specifically Robert's Rebellion.Basically:  The Mad King had Tywin as a Hand, Jaime as a Kingsguard, and his firstborn son was named Rhaegar.  Rhaegar was a good guy, but the Mad King was getting, well, madder all the time, stockpiling wildfire under King's Landing, becoming paranoid that everyone was against him, etc.  Also, after Rhaegar, his wife kept having stillborns or children that would die in infancy.  Eventually the Mad King's wife finally has 2 more children that don't die - Viserys and Daenerys, who are born around when Rheagar is already married with kids of his own; he was married to Elia Martell (The Red Viper's sister) of Dorne.  After winning the tournament at Harrenhal, Rhaegar was supposed to crown a lady the "Queen of Love and Beauty" but instead of doing so to his wife, he walked right past her and crowned Lyanna Stark instead.  Later, Rhaegar and Lyanna disappeared.  Robert was in love with Lyanna and convinced everyone Rhaegar kidnapped her.  Lyanna's brother Eddard and father Rickard went to King's Landing to find out where Lyanna was, but the Mad King burned them alive (this is what makes Ned become the Lord of Winterfell).  At this point Ed Stark, Robert, Tywin, and Jaime all conspired to overthrow the king.  The war started, and Robert ended up killing Rhaegar at The Battle of the Trident, and of course Jamie ended up killing the Mad King, and Robert became the new king of Westeros.  One of Robert's orders was to kill every Targaryen alive even if they were infants, so Tywin had The Mountain rape and murder Ellia Martell and her two baby children, which is what The Viper wanted revenge for in season 4.  And this is why Viserys and Daenerys fled to Essos, to escape being killed.  Anyways, what nobody never knew was that Rhaegar didn't kidnap Lyanna at all; They were actually in love, and he actually had his marriage to Elia Martel anulled and he remarried Lyanna before impregnating her.  She didn't give birth until after Rhaegar was already dead.  When Ned found out where Lyanna was, she was dying from childbirth, and she said "promise me Ned" that the baby would be protected from Robert's wrath (and she also told him his name was Aegon Targaryen, but we didn't know that until the last episode).  So Ned took the baby home and pretended it was his own child, a bastard from a women he impregnated during the way, never telling anyone the truth, not even Catelyn.  So Jon Snow is actually Aegon Targaryen, and is actually the rightful heir to the throne, and is Daenery's nephew, despite being around the same age as her, because there was a huge gap in time between the Mad King's first born and his last born.  And with Ned dead, only Bran and Sam actually know all this.  Jon Snow himself still thinks Ned is his father, and Daenerys has no reason to even know her brother Rhaegar has any living descendants.

6 hours ago, Quintus said:

Curb 9 epi 2. Not bad, but not great either. Messy and a bit too farcical really. One of the weaker episodes (there's about 5 of them over the years). 

The actual pickle gambit part of it though is hilarious. I also love when the show crosses over with Seinfeld, needlessly confirming all of Larry David's actual quips and opinions. In this episode: Don't tuck the sheets.

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Lyanna's brother Eddard and father Rickard went to King's Landing to find out where Lyanna was, but the Mad King burned them alive (this is what makes Ned become the Lord of Winterfell).

Brandon.

4 hours ago, Jay said:

1) Off screen, Sansa talked to Bran and he used his 3 Eyed Raven powers to see Baelish's crimes.

2) The bickering Arya and Sansa was real, and is frankly just bad writing.  Benioff and Weiss basically admitted it was just done to trick the audience so the true person on trial at the trial is more of a shock.  Sansa didn't figure out Baelish's intentions until the "imagine your enemy's worst motivations" conversation.

3) That's one of the biggest disappointments of the season; beyond wanting to marry Sansa, its not really clear exactly what his big grand plan was if he even had one any more.  

4 & 5) You seem very confused about the backstory of the show, specifically Robert's Rebellion.Basically:  The Mad King had Tywin as a Hand, Jaime as a Kingsguard, and his firstborn son was named Rhaegar.  Rhaegar was a good guy, but the Mad King was getting, well, madder all the time, stockpiling wildfire under King's Landing, becoming paranoid that everyone was against him, etc.  Also, after Rhaegar, his wife kept having stillborns or children that would die in infancy.  Eventually the Mad King's wife finally has 2 more children that don't die - Viserys and Daenerys, who are born around when Rheagar is already married with kids of his own; he was married to Elia Martell (The Red Viper's sister) of Dorne.  After winning the tournament at Harrenhal, Rhaegar was supposed to crown a lady the "Queen of Love and Beauty" but instead of doing so to his wife, he walked right past her and crowned Lyanna Stark instead.  Later, Rhaegar and Lyanna disappeared.  Robert was in love with Lyanna and convinced everyone Rhaegar kidnapped her.  Lyanna's brother Eddard and father Rickard went to King's Landing to find out where Lyanna was, but the Mad King burned them alive (this is what makes Ned become the Lord of Winterfell).  At this point Ed Stark, Robert, Tywin, and Jaime all conspired to overthrow the king.  The war started, and Robert ended up killing Rhaegar at The Battle of the Trident, and of course Jamie ended up killing the Mad King, and Robert became the new king of Westeros.  One of Robert's orders was to kill every Targaryen alive even if they were infants, so Tywin had The Mountain rape and murder Ellia Martell and her two baby children, which is what The Viper wanted revenge for in season 4.  And this is why Viserys and Daenerys fled to Essos, to escape being killed.  Anyways, what nobody never knew was that Rhaegar didn't kidnap Lyanna at all; They were actually in love, and he actually had his marriage to Elia Martel anulled and he remarried Lyanna before impregnating her.  She didn't give birth until after Rhaegar was already dead.  When Ned found out where Lyanna was, she was dying from childbirth, and she said "promise me Ned" that the baby would be protected from Robert's wrath (and she also told him his name was Aegon Targaryen, but we didn't know that until the last episode).  So Ned took the baby home and pretended it was his own child, a bastard from a women he impregnated during the way, never telling anyone the truth, not even Catelyn.  So Jon Snow is actually Aegon Targaryen, and is actually the rightful heir to the throne, and is Daenery's nephew, despite being around the same age as her, because there was a huge gap in time between the Mad King's first born and his last born.  And with Ned dead, only Bran and Sam actually know all this.  Jon Snow himself still thinks Ned is his father, and Daenerys has no reason to even know her brother Rhaegar has any living descendants.

Wow, thanks. Yes, I WAS confused because nearly half of the backstory is never properly explained in the show. I still don't even know what the White Walkers are all about: the last thing I remember finding out was that the Children created them to kill the first men, but that begs the question how all the past generations dealt with them. Really need to tart reading the books.

2 hours ago, publicist said:

The first one was better. Enjoyed the last 'Episodes' more if only because all of these awkward social situations on Curb are kind of an old hat by now. 

He built the show on them though and I don't see that changing here (I hope not). Could just be time to move on, pub. 

Nah, it's ok when you keep a bit of a distance between them. But David has the ability to get on my nerves with drawn-out stuff like the cookie tong because it's akin to comedic straw-grasping. Plus, you never know when there's a really good episode - which often come unexpectedly.

The cookie thing was amusing, at first. Should have known he wouldn't leave it there though! 

I like the new Ted and Cheryl dynamic. That could prove to be a stroke of comedy genius depending on where we go with it. 

I was really confused why in the first episode Ted Danson mentioned he separated from Mary Steenburgen, since they are still together in real life.  It all made sense in episode 2 when they started doing a Ted dating Cheryl plot.  Great stuff, especially when Larry saw Mary with a guy that looked just like him :lol:

They're definitely still together.

Fun episode. Though pub brings up a good point. It's been a while since Larry David has had a worthy on-screen rival.

6 minutes ago, KK said:

They're definitely still together.

Fun episode. Though pub brings up a good point. It's been a while since Larry David has had a worthy on-screen rival.

A while? Literally 3 episodes ago he spent an entire episode feuding with Michael J Fox.

I watched that but i thought I had a flutter on the screen but it was only on the Michael J fox show portion.

Finished ep season 1 of The Expanse. Solid and consistently entertaining sci-fi mystery with effective characters, a convoluted but strong central mystery and effective storytelling. Involving without ever becoming brilliant.

Good TV though.