Expanded Prequels Coming! (April Fools' Joke)

John Crichton

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Sebulba, the blog links, to a YouTube video.

Oh, I see :D So the whole thing is some kind of prank? Even the blogger's original post?

Come on!

Drop your mask!

Nobody on earth can be that stupid.

I'm not stupid :D

Yes, Sebulba, the blog links, to a YouTube video.

Oh, I see :D So the whole thing is some kind of prank? Even the blogger's original post?

The blogger is just some random guy on the internet who claims to have an inside source. That doesn't mean its real.

You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!

:D

Seriously, when I saw the date I inmediatly knew it was a joke. Damn, what I wouldn't give for a legimate version of the complete ROTS.

Yawn... we have all of TPM and it fits on two discs with room to spare for a few alternates, so I knew it was a joke then.

Confirmed: That video is a rickroll. I didn't even have to click the link to know - I just put it into YouTube Downloader.

After some more careful investigation I can now reveal that my certain sources have lost a degree of their certainess and now aren't certain at all.

Yawn... we have all of TPM and it fits on two discs with room to spare for a few alternates, so I knew it was a joke then.

That's what's really funny about this . . . I didn't spot the joke--and for that, I suppose I have to give you a hearty "well done"--but you would've landed a better catch if you'd made the news more interesting. After "The Ultimate Edition," I can't think of many scores I'd rather see "expanded" less than this one.

- Uni

I always enjoy the jokes Ricard and co manage to come up with.

I still think the website becoming a pay for membership site was still the best one of them all.

Then why do I have almost 4 hours of music on iTunes for TPM?

I still think the website becoming a pay for membership site was still the best one of them all.

Oh, that got people mad. ;)

Neil's Star Wars Day and the fake announcement that Williams was going to write music to be used in both RotS and Indy 4 always stand out as favorites for me.

As always, it was fun to be the straight guy and play along with the joke. Would have been nice if others had played along too, but oh well.

BTW, my sources are now completely uncertain.

There appears to be a glitch in this post as it won't let me quote John nor will it show my signature.

****Edit*** well I deleted everything and now my signature is back.

I should actually thank Ricard for this prank, it got me interested in Episode I and Star Wars music again. And it got me thinking if we will see a complete soundtracks collection for all 6 SW films when Lucas re-releases them in 3D. It's probably time for new editions of the OT anyway, so why not add the prequels to the mix. A 12-disc definitive (I won't say "ultimate" for fear of the wrath it would spawn) boxset would be something I'd buy in a heartbeat.