What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

Mulholland Drive

Where do I even begin. It's been a while since I watched this one and what I remember thinking at the time was that it was 2 1/2 hours of nothing happening. There isn't anything resembling a coherent storyline. It's a series of experiences, if you will. It's Lynch run amok. Weird vague inexplicable shit. I feel very much that I should dislike it. I should declare it a pretentious boring piece of shit for all of JWFan to read. And yet, I can't bring myself to hate it. One thing is that I do respect Lynch for putting something like this out, a completely unconventional unpredictable film. He can always be depended on for being nothing like everyone else. But what can I really say about it besides that? Naomi Watts, a rebooted Nicole Kidman, is wonderful to look at? The Spanish song has caused me to lose my shit twice in life now? Lynch is really good at filming people's heads from weird angles? I can't help but feel like Roy Neary in the interrogation room.

1 hour ago, Alexcremers said:

TP S3 is pretty linear.

So this one's decided to speak.

Collateral Beauty

I tuned into this one too late, but I managed to catch Kate Winslet and Keira Knightley aging gracefully. Keira kind of looks like Winona Ryder crossed with Rachel Weisz these days.

3811241400000578-3779527-image-a-137_147

From Dusk Till Dawn - hadn't seen this in years, and the W channel were showing it last night. Action, humour, gore and titties ... perfect Saturday-night-with-a-few-beers entertainment :) . 

3 hours ago, Evil-Lyn said:

So this one's decided to speak.

Collateral Beauty

I tuned into this one too late, but I managed to catch Kate Winslet and Keira Knightley aging gracefully. Keira kind of looks like Winona Ryder crossed with Rachel Weisz these days.

Aging gracefully? She's only my age!

4 minutes ago, Baby Jane Hudson said:

And you look like this guy!

maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah. I remember a while back when he stupidly got into an argument with women on my Facebook post (women I don't even like), afterwards they asked me why I was friends with a creepy guy who looks like a sex offender. Exact quote.

4 minutes ago, Evil-Lyn said:

Yeah. I remember a while back when he stupidly got into an argument with women on my Facebook post (women I don't even like), afterwards they asked me why I was friends with a creepy guy who looks like a sex offender. Exact quote.

Wait, what?

20 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Star Trek 2.

Hmm... I don't really understand why the first film got such negative reviews and found it much better than this one. I'm still feeling uncomfortable in this futuristic world, for want of a better word. Why is it so difficult to explain basic things such as: does everyone travel constantly in the future, why does Kirk explore space, what is warp speed, Starfleet, Klingon etc.? Why do I have to glue all the puzzle pieces together myself? Not that I didn't understand the story, that was simple enough (and for a super-intelligent being, Kahn is pretty uncomplicated if you ask me, and his backstory is superficial at best). I still find Spock the best character because he's the only one who seems to have any emotional depth, ironically.

It's got one of the best scripts ever for a genre movie, and it only keeps getting better with repeated viewings.

The Amityville Horror (2005)

I liked it. The haunting elements were the weakest part of the movie, but it seemed like those types of jump scare moments shouldn't have even been in it. It's the cast that makes it watchable. Ryan Reynolds is quite good and his wife is extremely hot. She is played by Melissa George, another Australian export who was also briefly in Mulholland Drive. What are they feeding the women out there these days? Please, sir. I'd like some more.

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial

Got back from a theater screening and, man, that music is hits you.  The movie itself wasn't one I grew up watching a lot (in fact, I have no memory of watching it as a child), but it still works, despite its flaws.  It's kind of a perfect imperfect film that wears its heart on its sleeve and shows you how and why it became a classic.

2 hours ago, Evil-Lyn said:

The Amityville Horror (2005)

I liked it. The haunting elements were the weakest part of the movie, but it seemed like those types of jump scare moments shouldn't have even been in it. It's the cast that makes it watchable. Ryan Reynolds is quite good and his wife is extremely hot. She is played by Melissa George, another Australian export who was also briefly in Mulholland Drive. What are they feeding the women out there these days? Please, sir. I'd like some more.

Melissa George became a laughing stock among Australians for her snobby comments regarding a local soap she got her start in.

3 hours ago, nightscape94 said:

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial

... but it still works, despite its flaws.  It's kind of a perfect imperfect film 

Flaws? Flaws, you say?!

17 hours ago, Evil-Lyn said:

Keira kind of looks like Winona Ryder crossed with Rachel Weisz these days.

That's another problem in Hollywood these days. They all look the same.

DaisyRidley_BS_News_Thumbnail.png?width=

Here's another variation of the same type.

2 minutes ago, Baby Jane Hudson said:

He probably hates that it was shot in 1.85:1.

That is a flaw indeed. Imagine E.T. with black bars!