What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

Thor's not even clear on what he wants. What about a complete OST? What about one like that but out of order (Wind for example)? What's so good about editing music twice into an album? Beyond an intolerance for long works, I'm not sure it's possible to define what he wants

And hell, I don't even have a fixed opinion on this, even if I've sounded upset at times.

5 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

So... What is the last film you guys watched?

Evangelion 1.0

(essentially a remake of the first six episodes of the show with much more animation budget and a lot of small changes here and there)

12 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

So... What is the last film you guys watched?

It was a biopic about a man with an exaggerated persona posing as a woman who was persecuted for being perceived as racist and sexist, even though he didn't care. In the end, all he had left was his OSTs and Catwoman doll. It was a good one.

1 hour ago, Sally Spectra said:

I was genuinely surprised to hear people wanted Thor banned. It's as if they're threatened by him for some reason.

I've never seen anyone post this, I've only seen Quintus say that people have told him that.

1 hour ago, Sally Spectra said:

You can see it in the near hysterical hostility in people's posts when he dares to challenge their established viewpoints.

It's not his opinions that annoy me, it's him.

I don't give a shit if he's not interested in expanded releases.

United 93.

Films like this just make me nervous, so I turned it off after 30 minutes. And those 30 minutes were rather long-winded. Also, a relative is about to take a plane tomorrow, so it might not have been perfect timing. Why do stories like this need to be filmed, anyway? Was the event itself not tragic enough?

I have no idea why John Powell got attached to this project either. The score I heard was extremely sparse and ambient. He can do better.

2 hours ago, Evil-Lyn said:

As I've noted several times, I don't care about being overly sensitive and pretending to be morally superior.

Your problem is not seeing (or deliberately ignoring) the difference between trying to behave morally and pretending to be morally superiour.

I take everything I hear and read these days with a grain of salt. It's been getting progressively worse where no one can say or do anything that could be considered even remotely "offensive" and people bully the offenders seemingly with the ulterior motive of drawing attention to their moral superiority and feeling better about themselves. In recent times, these types of "heroic" people have become more transparent, but they tend to reveal themselves when it comes to current events and Trump. No one is that morally uncontaminated and I won't be judged or accept other people being judged. We're all imperfect beings.

What I have never liked in my life is when people say deliberately provocative things just to see what reactions they can get, like life is boring and making other people feel bad is what gives them pleasure.  I think it speaks to a lack of respect for others and it's a classic bullying technique too.

Nobody's perfect, but that doesn't mean the concept of respecting others and behaving morally isn't worth trying for.  Assholes are assholes, and there's nothing noble about being an asshole and proud of it.

Cue people accusing me of being a "white knight" or whatever bullshit.

3 hours ago, Evil-Lyn said:

I take everything I hear and read these days with a grain of salt. It's been getting progressively worse where no one can say or do anything that could be considered even remotely "offensive" and people bully the offenders seemingly with the ulterior motive of drawing attention to their moral superiority and feeling better about themselves. In recent times, these types of "heroic" people have become more transparent, but they tend to reveal themselves when it comes to current events and Trump. No one is that morally uncontaminated and I won't be judged or accept other people being judged. We're all imperfect beings.

Yeah I can't stand those finger wagging online stiffs who are like "You have offended me! HOW DARE YOU?!" Just one little thing you say can be misinterpreted as a "microaggression" and that's a crime punishable by public lynching apparently. I don't think their parents gave them the kick up the arse they needed while growing up.

4 hours ago, Evil-Lyn said:

This is all well and fine, but the things you say aren't "remotely offensive" things that the rest of us are trying to make into something worse. You clearly and plainly disparage other races and genders with no qualms. And then you wonder why people don't like you. 

32 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

And then you wonder why people don't like you. 

I actually...don't? See, you've got the same problem as that other bozo. You proceed under a false assumption that I have any sort of misconceptions about myself, that I have an ego to bruise, that I want to be perceived in some sort of positive light, that I desire people to like me...or something. I guess. How the hell did I ever give that impression? I feel like I've truly failed somehow in making people think this.

How many genders are there, by the way? I'm genuinely curious.

12 hours ago, Sally Spectra said:

A 40-minute concept album of the LOTR trilogy would be ideal.

Coming soon:

JEFF WAYNE'S MUSICAL VERSION OF THE LORD OF THE RINGS :lol:

2 hours ago, nightscape94 said:

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Star-Trek-II-The-Wrath-of-Khan-poster-st

Caught it in the theater tonight.  Really wonderful seeing it on the big screen. 

It is rather splendid, isn't it? Glad that you saw it where it deserves to be seen.

TV? DC? 35mm? 70mm?

15 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Jay, what is happening with this place?

What happening? What's happening? What's happening?!

19 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

What I have never liked in my life is when people say deliberately provocative things just to see what reactions they can get, like life is boring and making other people feel bad is what gives them pleasure.  I think it speaks to a lack of respect for others and it's a classic bullying technique too.

Nobody's perfect, but that doesn't mean the concept of respecting others and behaving morally isn't worth trying for.  Assholes are assholes, and there's nothing noble about being an asshole and proud of it.

This!

Or should I say: I agree with Disco Stu!

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:34 AM, Richard said:

It is rather splendid, isn't it? Glad that you saw it where it deserves to be seen.

TV? DC? 35mm? 70mm?

Unfortunately I believe it was some sort of digital input presentation, and not coming from a projector.  Still looked pretty good.

On 9/10/2017 at 8:54 PM, Evil-Lyn said:

I actually...don't? See, you've got the same problem as that other bozo. You proceed under a false assumption that I have any sort of misconceptions about myself, that I have an ego to bruise, that I want to be perceived in some sort of positive light, that I desire people to like me...or something. I guess. How the hell did I ever give that impression? I feel like I've truly failed somehow in making people think this.

How many genders are there, by the way? I'm genuinely curious.

I don't think you want to be perceived in any certain way, but you continually posture about your relationships not working out, etc. Maybe that's your twin. I honestly can't tell the difference anymore. You're a hollow shell of your former self!