Romão

TWIN PEAKS - Beware Season 3 spoilers!

1168 posts in this topic

They'll figure it out. Though I'm not entirely sure how this wasn't hammered out before all the scripts were written.

I rather wait one year longer if it means they have more time for writing the scripts.

The article says the scripts are finished.

Haggling Over DVD & Streaming Sales Reportedly Holding Up David Lynch's 'Twin Peaks' Deal

According to Will McCrabb, who has a couple of degrees of connection to the Lynch camp, it's money from DVD and streaming sales that are reportedly being haggled over. And until it's settled to Lynch's satisfaction, it seems he's ready to walk from "Twin Peaks."

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/haggling-over-dvd-and-streaming-sales-reportedly-holding-up-david-lynchs-twin-peaks-deal-20150317

Nice update quote from Showtime:

“Nothing is going on that’s any more than any preproduction process with David Lynch. Everything is moving forward and everybody is crazy thrilled and excited.”

http://uk.businessinsider.com/report-twin-peaks-revival-canceled-by-showtime-2015-4?r=US

It's almost comical really.

The latest is it may still go on at Showtime; without Lynch. Which is just daft. I mean, how bitter and petty must things have gotten for the series creator to walk away from this his most iconic work? I reckon it could all still blow over, but whatever. The fans survived 20 odd years through rumour and without more Peaks so they have thick skins anyway.

I really can't see how this long gestating license to print money won't still eventually happen some other way.

Well it says Showtime still hopes to get Lynch back on board.

So maybe Lynch is playing hardball, and those cheap bastards at Showtime might cough up the cash.

Lynch probably only agreed to this because he needed a nest egg, since he hasnt had anything close to a hit in about a decade.

Thumbs up for Showtime not taking that shit!

Whose? ;)

Karol

Sounds like both parties could be guilty, but Lynch in particular seems to be the one throwing the tantrum.

To be quite frank, I think the only reason he would do it is to finance some other non-film (or maybe a small film) project of his that he cares about. He's clearly not that interested in the show itself.

Karol

It was the part where you said he's "clearly not that interested" [in Twin Peaks] which made me realise you're pulling stuff out of your backside.

It just seems to me that there must be some cynical and mundane reason he's doing it in the first place. Doesn't seem like something David Lynch of the past 25 would do, given his film and non-film work. Doesn't seem like there's any challenge in it for him.

That coupled with the fact he's been heavily involved with a lot of non-profit organisations in the past few years and Twin Peaks is the only thing he can sell.

And now that he's not satisfied with money offered. Seems plausible to me.

Or maybe it's just the fact that I'm cynical about it. That's also true.

Karol

Palmer said she'd be back in 25 years. It sort of works out and seems almost obvious that they would choose now to continue on their story, especially given that Lynch has said he's had it all bubbling around in his mind for years now.

There is a (small) part of me that hopes this is true. Because that would mean it can actually be good.

But then, I remember Twin Peaks film as well. And it wasn't.

Karol

There is a (small) part of me that hopes this is true. Because that would mean it can actually be good.

But then, I remember Twin Peaks film as well. And it wasn't.

Karol

Well, Lynch and Frost had already handed in the completed scripts. We didn't hear anything about writers struggles or rewrites, it all seemed to be moving quickly. Last time that happened Better Call Saul was the result.

I didn't like Fire Walk With Me either, but loads of the fans swear by it.

Terrible news if Lynch walks out of this (I assume it means from directing duties since the scripts are finished, as previously noted). I'm crossing my fingers untill Showtime realizes what they're missing.

Cashing in on a flawed hit from 25 years ago.

He aint no Vince Gilligan for sure!