Jay

BETTER CALL SAUL - Beware Season 3 spoilers!

907 posts in this topic

I know. But we will know that it's main character will eventually end up in Nebraska, under an assumed name.

I hope he and his writers are smart enough to get around the inherent problems of a prequel.

Your so-called problem is only story-related in the broadest way. It's not the destination but the journey that matters.

Alex

I hope he and his writers are smart enough to get around the inherent problems of a prequel.

Bates Motel seems to be managing well enough. It can be done. I doubt that Better Call Saul will have the same impact of Breaking Bad, but I also doubt that it will be, you know, just regular bad.

I'm sure it'll be an entertaining piece of television. But it won't be as good as BB.

Wow sweet, AMC releases a minute of the show!

Funny how it takes place before BB, yet Mike looks older :P

You can't use a direct link to an IMDB pic: it never shows up (well, actually, it shows up when you first post it, but when you'll come back to the thread, you'll notice only the link will appear). You have to either host the pic elsewhere or find it elsewhere.

But unreliable. I whizz open the imgur app by pulling down my notifications bar and within 5 seconds a working link is generated.

Nice teaser campaign!

I think at the very least this show will be quite entertaining.

James McGill is his actual name; Saul Goodman is a pseudonym. We learned this when he first met Walt.... "Faith and begorrah! A fellow potato eater! My real name's McGill. The Jew thing I just do for the homeboys. They all want a pipe-hitting member of the tribe, so to speak..."

Better Call James.

Doesn't work.

Did you read the article?

Well Saul is probably the kind of lawyer who would prefer to settle out of court

I finally saw the trailer and it certainly looks interesting. Perhaps if they can recapture some of the absurdness of BB's first season that sort of got lost along the way.

The first review of Better Call Saul is in....

I'll just say it: The first few episodes that I saw are better than Breaking Bad. They are smarter. They are sharper. I have never seen a prequel handled so cleverly. What we know from the previous series about Saul Goodman, or James McGill as he is known in Better Call Saul, provides a kind of counterintuitive suspense mechanism. In the very first shot, in silent black and white, we see the ruins of Saul Goodman after the action of Breaking Bad, just as he said he would be. He's working at a Cinnabon in a mall, terrified of anyone slightly threatening who walks into the store. The question for the plot is: How did he become this way? How did he fail so catastrophically?

Wow....

Agreed. I don't expect or need this to rival or surpass BB. But I hope it will be a great show in its own right