Sign in to follow this  
Will

Why don't John Williams' orchestrators get credited in the soundtrack releases?

5 hours ago, LampPost said:

To be fair "Colin Runs Off to the Circus" sounds somewhat like The Falcon so you may not be far off:

It actually doesn't remind me of the Falcon ... but wow I love it. Actually reminds me of The Float/Joy Ride. 

EDIT: I see Publicist has noted the CMIYC similarity. 

On December 31, 2016 at 3:27 AM, BloodBoal said:

Wow. Williams is a real douche.

Let's not forget some things. Firstly, John was disrespected by a name orchestra (Boston Symphony?) and he literally folded up his conductors sheet and walked off stage during practice. He's just as human as the next person, so he has his moments as do we all. (I am reminded of what Mr Rogers said: that no one can tell a phony as well as a child can. Having seen Williams my entire life, I can safely say that the "wise old gentle grandfather" thing isn't an act.)

Secondly, an interview a few years back with the former Timpani player on the LSO described John Williams as "a steel fist inside a velvet glove". Meaning the man is entirely professional and expects the best from his others when it comes to the work. It's an ethic that came from his parents generation, who struggled to make ends meet through the Great Depression and never turned down work (though this is more exemplified by Jerry Goldsmith.)

1 hour ago, Will Tasker said:

Secondly, an interview a few years back with the former Timpani player on the LSO described John Williams as "a steel fist inside a velvet glove". Meaning the man is entirely professional and expects the best from his others when it comes to the work. It's an ethic that came from his parents generation, who struggled to make ends meet through the Great Depression and never turned down work (though this is more exemplified by Jerry Goldsmith.)

I'd like to see you being punched in the face by a steel fist in a velvet glove, and then ask you how you feel about that!