Upcoming Films

Quintus

Whenever a hot button political issue flashes red in American politics or foreign policy, Oliver Stone will be there to stir up controversy by making a highly dramatic depiction of the central underdog who stands up to Washington's corrupt authoritarian power elites. Or maybe an intimate portrait of a controversial president.

And then there's World Trade Center.

So basically every studio is turning every fairy tale / children's story into a live action "reimagining"

Well don't worry.

First, we'll get the animated film. Then sequels.

Then we'll get a live-action film. Then sequels.

Then we'll get a new TV show (My Little Pony: The Next Mane)

And finally, a cinematic universe.

Wow! That looks really great!

Somehow I had forgotten that Danny Boyle took over after Fincher left.

Also, I was surprised when I saw Kate Winslet's name at the end; I didn't even recognize her in the trailer! Wow!

The Goosebumps books were just coming out as I was growing out of R.L. Stine (and Christopher Pike), but are the books really that silly? I thought they were more campfire type of horror stories.

None of the eps/books are genuinely scary, but many of them are cautionary tales like Twilight Zone, Tales from the Darkside or Tales from the Crypt.

Ahh! The movie appears to have been shot in anamorphic. Glad that format is regaining its popularity.

I'll see anything by del Toro, and this was done with the same story and writing partner he had on Mimic, which I don't think gets enough love.

Yes, Mimic is a very effective horror film. Like it a lot too.

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/01/michael-keaton-j-k-simmons-depart-kong-skull-island/'>Skull Island loses two of its stars. Keaton and Simmons pull out due to scheduling conflicts.

URL isn't coming up right, so here...

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/01/michael-keaton-j-k-simmons-depart-kong-skull-island/