Upcoming Films

Quintus

Some of the dialogue sounded absolutely awful.

Prometheus? Well, Matt Damon is alone on Mars so The Martian will most likely have less dialogue than Prometheus. Hopefully Damon won't talk too much to himself either.

Alex

No, The Martian. What I heard was utterly cringey.

But pics have no dialogue and pics are all we have.

First pics from Ridley Scott's The Martian

martian-matt-01-800.jpg

the-martian-03.jpg

the-martian-01.jpg

martian-kristen-01-800.jpg

the-martian-02.jpg

the-martian-04.jpg

91325.jpg

91324.jpg

91322.jpg

In that third pic, the vehicle looks fake for some reason

That's because it's a movie prop!

Whats Prometheus?

Image1.png

That's offensive and insensitive!

It might well be a lot of both, but it's also very funny! :lol:

People could still avoid crappy movies. The trailers looked bad, and it got terrible reviews. Did you really need empirical evidence as well?

That's how we did it. Most of the time we went in completely blank. Reviews? Well, I don't know about you, but I didn't have access to reviews. Trailers? You needed to watch a movie in the theatre to see one or two trailers.

There's also something 'good' about going in without having a frigging clue.

Alex

That film has way too much stink on it to be rebooted. Even today, that stink remains.

They said the same thing about Judge Dredd, and yet the reboot was more faithful to the comic books than the original (i.e. THE HELMET STAYED ON!)

False! Don't you remember the good old days, when directors didn't tell you what to feel, and there were no film critics? Ah... I'm sure I'm the only one who remembers.

False! Don't you remember the good old days, when directors didn't tell you what to feel, and there were no film critics? Ah... I'm sure I'm the only one who remembers.

Yes, the good old days, where the central hub of film-making was in New York City. Oh, wait...

That was 1907 before filmmakers began to realize that the Los Angeles area was a good filming area with a favorable climate and a variety of natural scenery. Young Demille, go west!

Alex. Even as far back as the early 2000's there were reviews.

Well, I lied. It was Young Sherlock Holmes that I saw in the theatre. I only watched a little bit of The League Of Extraordinary men on TV before I switched it off.

47250_zps2iditgcw.jpg

Cheers!

Alex

Really? Tron Legacy is in my Top 10 Worst Movies of all time. Almost every aspect of it was terrible, IMO. The acting, the story, the storytelling, the score, the dialogue ... To me it was an extremely unpleasant affair. Though not good either, I prefer Kosinski's Oblivion, but again I could see that he's not a great talent. It's a shame, because he seems to be very much into sci-fi, and sci-fi needs an extraordinary talent.

Alexandre

Tron Legacy is a real audiovisual feast for me, also because the world portrayed in it is so different from everything else in motion pictures.

Every aspect of the visual design is awesome, and the music is bloody fantastic.

I like it even more than Tron, which has an 80s charm to it. I only saw that one right before Legacy came out.

For me it's a shame that a third movie is cancelled, but maybe we'll see another one in 20 years time.

But Tron at least was technically groundbreaking for its time.

Tron had a stranger atmosphere and the design of the great Syd Mead.