Imagine John Williams doing a Mission Impossible score

Damo

Just Imagine John Williams doing a Mission Impossible score. Do you think John Williams version of Lalo Schifrin's Mission Impossible theme will be the number one out of three composers (Danny Elfman, Hans Zimmer and Michael Giacchino)?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just Imagine John Williams doing a Mission Impossible score. Do you think John Williams version of Lalo Schifrin's Mission Impossible theme will be the number one out of three composers (Danny Elfman, Hans Zimmer and Michael Giacchino)?

No. I don't think he can do a better job than Elfman.

Do you think John Williams version of Lalo Schifrin's Mission Impossible theme will be the number one out of three composers (Danny Elfman, Hans Zimmer and Michael Giacchino)?

Hmm... not sure. He'd be better than ZImmer, that's for sure. :sigh:

No. I don't think he can do a better job than Elfman.

I dunno Elfman's score, minus a few cues, is all over the place and really doesn't come together. Granted he came in to replace Silvestri but this one of the few times you could say it sounds like he threw a bunch of notes together in a rush.

Now Johnny Williams might have been able to pull off a great one.

I find Giacchino's M:I theme the best out of the three films, but when looking at the underscore, I would think Elfman is king.

And Hans Zimmer doesn't even survive the first round.

has John Williams every really done a spy/espionage movie other then minority report? I think that would be an interesting genre for him to tackle

Attack of the clones? 8O

It would sound like Williams apeing Giacchino... just like he has been doing his entire career!

8O

-Erik-

You may hit me, but I find certain parts of Zimmer's score really enjoyable. For one, the flamenco music/Nyah's theme (fast and slow versions). And the "Injection" track is not very complex, but has a great emotive sound to it.

Of course, much of the "action" stuff is forgettable, but hey, I got the CD for 2€ 8O

How could such an effort NOT be beyond everything offered by an Elfman, a Zimmer, or anyone else? Williams would elevate this series to wonderful artistic altitudes, and add wisdom, grace and beauty...

A big kick in the pants to John Williams as George Lucas re-activates his THX-1138 robot, Lalo Schifrin, into scoring duties on his next movie. Sayanara, Johnny.

Imagine John Williams doing a Mission Impossible score

no, I think not.