Rate the Summer Movies So Far

No one has mentioned Date Movie in this thread. I know it wasn't a summer movie, but I think it deserves an honourable mention as being the single worst movie I have ever seen. And yes, I have seen Jaws: The Revenge. Date Movie was so bad it actually made me feel sorry for all the "actors" who appear in it. I've never before found a movie so utterly dreadful that I feel more sorry for the actors than I do for myself for having wasted seven hard-earned bucks.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed. Date Movie is probably the worse movie I've seen in a theater in the last 5 years. On the other hand, I quite enjoyed Just Friends. Ana Farris was hilarious.

It seems Jamie Foxx is taking the Cuba Gooding Jr. formula of flushing his career down the toilet after winning an Oscar.

I believe this formula was established by Lou Gossett.

It winters Movies over here where I live. So far I've only seen two.

1) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (9.2/10)

Very Good. The music in this film was slightly different compared to the first film. The music at the Island or land where Jack Sparrow was the king of that tribe trying to escape was the best cue. The first part in Track number 5 on the Soundtrack Album I'm talking about.

2) Mission: Impossible - III (7/10)

This one was way better the second movie I thought. But the music score wasn't as good as Danny Elfman's score..but still work fine in the film.

Superman. 10/10

All I ever expected from a Superman sequel, and even more (save the lack of a truly inspired Superman score). I find Brandon Routh a very talented actor and definitely the best Superman to date. Kevin Spacey was a more serious enemy this time (compared to the Gene Hackman buffoon in the original movie), and was a reliable humor counterpoint to the main plot. A plot which is really focused on the characters this time.

The 3D scenes were really awesome. I had never seen a movie in 3D before, so it was pretty exciting for me.

The only flaws in this movie are, in my opinion, Lois Lane (a vulgar character this time) and John Ottman (was it a score or an underscore? and what was all that unnecessary choir?).

However, listening to John Williams' march in the opening credits is one of those moments I will never forget. Almost 30 years have gone by, and it's still as modern and powerful as in 1978. Thank you!!!

I've seen three movies this summer. I enjoyed X-Men III. It entertained me and felt like a worthy follow up to the first two films. It did what only science fiction can do: make you think about real world issues without making you realize it.

Mission: Impossible III and Superman Returns were beyond awful. M:I III was probably the worst, but SR was the biggest letdown making them both worthless pieces of junk.

Neil

I enjoyed X-Men III. It entertained me and felt like a worthy follow up to the first two films. It did what only science fiction can do: make you think about real world issues without making you realize it.  

it was an unworthy follow up to X2, it lacked heart and soul. It was as cold a summer film as X2 was not.

it didn't make me think about real world issues because I didn't care about anyone in that film.

Its pretty damned sad that 3 characters die, and as big a softy as I am in movies, I was not moved by any single one of them.

After Singer left, I had somewhat lowered my expectations. It came out better than I thought it would, and I had a very good time watching it.

I always thought the first two X-Men were bland and nowhere near as interesting as the comics were and unfortunately Singer brought that same blandness to Superman.

I always thought the first two X-Men were bland and nowhere near as interesting as the comics were and unfortunately Singer brought that same blandness to Superman.

Really? Damn, then Singer's film must be really good. Hmm ... now I know I must see it.

I have to agree with Alex I'm afraid. I didn't think the first two X-Men films were all that great (I've never read the comic so I don't know if that would have helped or not) and I've no real desire to see the third.

I have to agree with Alex I'm afraid. I didn't think the first two X-Men films were all that great (I've never read the comic so I don't know if that would have helped or not) and I've no real desire to see the third.

You mean with Mark Olivarez, don't you? You agree with Mark Olivarez, pixie. For you see, I love the X-Men movies! Together with Hellboy I think they are the best films based on comics out there (nowadays). I haven't seen the third one because I don't think I want to. I've read too many times that it misses the Singer ingredient.

Good luck!

Alex

I've only seen Superman and Pirates 2, and enjoyed them both. I'd rate Superman a bit higher.

John- not bothering to assisgn random and meaningless number ratings

You mean with Mark Olivarez, don't you? You agree with Mark Olivarez, pixie. For you see, I love the X-Men movies! Together with Hellboy I think they are the best films based on comics out there (nowadays). I haven't seen the third one because I don't think I want to. I've read too many times that it misses the Singer ingredient.

Good luck!

Alex

Oops, yes I meant Mark! ;) Sorry for misrepresenting you, Alex :joy:

I've only seen Superman and Pirates 2, and enjoyed them both. I'd rate Superman a bit higher.

John- not bothering to assisgn random and meaningless number ratings

And yet you admit that you'd rate Superman "a bit higher". On what random and meaningless scale? ;)