Star Trek Nemisis has been scored by Jerry Goldsmith

JoeinAR

here is the link, I didn't make this one up

I still have hope for this film, but part of me expects my hopes to be dashed like a boat against the rocks during a hurricane.

Joe.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, even if the film might be crap, I'm confident the score will be fine. :) Let's just hope the album does it more justice than the last two, especially Insurrection.

Marian - who thinks the complete Insurrection is a hundred times better than the album.

Well, a few factors augur well -- the obvious odd/even, curse/blessing pattern should work out for X, as well as the fact that this is supposed to be the last blast for the Next Gen cast (...whoo) and as such, maybe they'll put out all the stops. Plus the Gladiator guy wrote it.

But hey, the last outing for the original cast, Undiscovered Country, rocked despite the bad omen of its abyssmal predecessor, Final Frontier.

And of the Next Gen movies, Generations was very good, First Contact is the best of them all after Khan, and Insurrection was OK, better than most of the original cast film dreck.

None of Goldsmith's ST scores since the triumphant ST:TMP score have stuck with me, with the exception of a nice American Western theme in First Contact.

How soon does everyone think Weebo will have a promo copy?

:)

Neil

evil Neil, evil, and delicious. LOL Maybe we should start a petition....

I'm really looking forward to this score and film.  Do you think that, because the score was recorded so soon, the CD will be out a while before the film?

~Conor

No, but I expect it to be heavily edited in the film, a la Attack of the Clones.

Neil - cynical

Gerrrr, stop saying that Indysolo.

I can't wait for it. Literally, i can't. I'll get that freakin' promo first, but i will buy the official release too after it comes out. Got to support Goldsmith.

And Generations was an highly underrated movie and score. I consider it to be perhaps the best st movie ever. Haven't chosen yet. I would love to get my hands on the complete score to that.... would trade so many discs for it, so very many.

Well, at least I have something nice to look forward for the end of this year.

You mean besides Harry Potter 2, LOTR 2, and Catch me if you can? :)

Justin -Who thinks that Nemisis looks very diffrent from previous Star Treks.

You mean besides Harry Potter 2, LOTR 2, and Catch me if you can? :music:

There *is* no "LOTR 2", for the simple reason that there never was a "LOTR 1". :)

Marian - annoyed when people call TTT "LOTR 2". ;)

PS: Your sig still says "Elven-kigs".

...as well as the fact that this is supposed to be the last blast for the Next Gen cast

Actually if I remember correctly, there are rumors that this *may* not be the last one with the Next Generation cast. I think I read that on Dark Horizons where there was an interview with Patrick Stewert and the question of this being the last TNG film came up. He said something like "I doubt this will be the last film [TNG film that is].

Wonder why he recorded so much in advance.Ilness?Chemotherapy is almost always used for life threatening cancers,unlike people saying that he doesn't have a serious health problem.

K.M.

Maybe the musical ideas were really flowing through his head and he had an easy time with it. I noticed that the music for ST: Insurrection was recorded October 19 - 23, 1998, for a 12/11/98 release date. That's a big difference, not that it has anything to do with what I first said, but that's just something I noticed.

~Conor

You mean besides Harry Potter 2' date=' LOTR 2' date=' and Catch me if you can? :)[/quote'']

There *is* no "LOTR 2", for the simple reason that there never was a "LOTR 1". :(

Marian - annoyed when people call TTT "LOTR 2". :)

Oh shush. :sigh:

PS: Your sig still says "Elven-kigs".

Kigs?

Oh dear!! :wow:

Justin - :)

Nemisis Better be good! :( I loved the last two Goldsmith trek scores so It's good to see him back even if he isn't in the best of health! :cry: One thing this does is leaves some time for rescoring of edits later on! At least this soundtrack is Being released by Varese this time not GNP which Never had a lengthy release and always leave some of the best parts out! And yes there are Varese cd's that are on the short side but hopefully with the combination of Goldsmith and a huge licesnse like Trek they can make a nice sized album of what may be the last TNG movie and last Goldsmith Trek score!

Brian99_1 - who's been in a Goldsmith mood lately!

I wouldn't go jumping for joy yet. Remember Varese usually does the 30 min job on CDs recorded in the USA. Plus you really can't blame GNP cause Goldsmith is very stingy with what cues get released so some of the blame may lie with him. Although the rumor mill has said Varese paid alot to get the rights to this score so who knows what they or Jerry has in store for the fans.

...as well as the fact that this is supposed to be the last blast for the Next Gen cast

Actually if I remember correctly, there are rumors that this *may* not be the last one with the Next Generation cast.

the trailer says that it will be the last one. it looks pretty good too.

Marina Sirtis [Actor ST:TNG], at the past San Diego Comic-Con had a verry nice slide show. As she explained each slide, she kept hinting that "somthing" big is coming.

I beleve that the trailer says: "A GENERATION'S FINAL JOURNEY BEGINS"

POSSIBLE SPOILER

As some of you know Marinas plays the part of DIana Troy. She told us much is in store for her character, including marriage to Riker (No. 1). Is there a wedding march scored by Goldsmith??

*****SPOILER******

If the script that was online is true then only a certain character will be making their final journey. And judging by what I've seen in the preview it looks like the script is holding up to be true so far.

the trailer says that it will be the last one. it looks pretty good too.

No, as Lord Gibson already pointed it, the trailer says

"A GENERATION'S FINAL JOURNEY BEGINS"

I am under the impression that Star Trek X: Nemesis will not be the final absolute film featuring the TNG cast, but possibly the beginning of a two or maybe even three part story arc in which the TNG cast will pass the torch to the next generation (no pun intended) of Star Trek film stars. Granted, from spoilers released, it seems that the crew will be split up, a major character will die, and there will even be a wedding, but events such as these occurred twenty years ago with the classic Trek films.

After the financial success yet critical stalemate that was Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan was supposed to be the final Trek movie, but after a test screening in which the movie ended with Kirk eulogizing Spock with "of all the souls I've encountered on my travels, his was the most human," the audience left the theatre as if it was leaving a funeral. Then Leonard Nimoy and Executive Producer Harve Bennett decided that maybe killing off both Spock and the Star Trek film franchise was a very bad idea, so they refilmed the end of the movie, paving the way for Spock's return and, by having Nimoy read the "Space, the Final Frontier" prologue at the film's close, basically saying that "yes, folks, Spock is coming back." Also in that film, we saw Chekov on another ship, and in unreleased footage from Star Trek III, Sulu takes command of the Excelsior, which he never *officially* gets until between V and VI.

So don't get all pouty and think that Nemesis will be the last Trek movie, because it can't be. Even the events that have been released will need closure, and maybe even a way to bring the dead character back or partially back, so logically a Star Trek XI would be the way to do it.

Possibly even to pass the torch to the DS9 cast or even Voyager cast to make a movie, since the events of Nemesis will be all-Federation reaching, as those pointy eared bastards the Romulans seem to forget all about the truce signed during the Domion War.

--Darth Wojo, who realizes that if Nemesis IS the last TNG movie, that we'd have to wait about six more years for a Star Trek movie, so that at the end of Enterprise, we can see the Earth-Romulan War occur and the true formal birth of the Federation, unless it happens earlier in the show.

AND GET RID OF THAT GODAWFUL SINGING INTRO!!!

LET GOLDSMITH OR SOMEBODY ELSE WRITE A REAL PRE-TREK INTRO WITH ALEXANDER COURAGE'S FANFARE!!!

Enterprise is to Star Trek

as

AOTC and TPM are to Star Wars.

and that aint a good thing.

Joe, who is disillusioned by turn of events in both series. Ever hopeful

of a good ST X Nemisis, though I wont be surprised if I am dissappointed by it either.

At least Enterprise isn't bad, it's just... mediocre... And I don't want it made into a movie. I can see only DS9 with the possblity of a movie, but they messed that up by killing Sisko.