What is John Williams' scariest cue?

pixie_twinkle

With Superman I couldn't put my finger on what was wrong, it just sounded weird. Like half the sound effects were missing or something. It doesn't make it unwatchable (for me) but it always irritates me.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Superman I couldn't put my finger on what was wrong, it just sounded weird. Like half the sound effects were missing or something. It doesn't make it unwatchable (for me) but it always irritates me.

the sound is all wrong, some new guy rebuilt a new sound into the DVD, stating the original was too far gone, well bullshit, his sound is even worse, than no sound at all.

Yes, Lifting Susan from The Fury ALWAYS gives me goosebumps... which is why I was the only one on this board way back in 2000 clamouring for its expanded release before Varese gave us that godsend of a deluxe set. However, none of the Fury scares me... I love it too much! Haha! (Also, the death on the Carousel with the Carousel is the album version, but it is closer to the film version. The film version HAD the carousel. The alternate version is represented on the "film version" disc because it was the original way Williams composed it. The true film version is unreleased, though the album version is close enough - the film version is more choppy.)

And The Abduction of Barry is right up there too. Two of my favorite cues too. Also, in CE3K, when the ships come over the mountain and the orchestra blows up, that would wake the dead, and possibly soil the pants of the non-Williams fan who had that blasted in their ears when they slept.

Funny note about The Abduction of Barry... when I had pet frogs in the house, they all started croaking when it played! And every time I played it! Quite an odd anomoly!

But in terms of pure freaky-@$$ $#!t, nothing beats Images from 1st to last track. It is kooky! And certainly scary in a dark room! Far more than any othe Williams score!

-Chris, Wondering why Stefancos aged and looks like Goldsmith....

The Temple of Doom.

It's not the scariest cue, but someone has to name it, huh? :P

The choir from Duel of the Fates isn't bad either. I kind of expected someone more to mention it. But obviously The Fury and Jaws must be included.

I'll have to watch my sealed copy of the Superman DVD someday.
How do you watch a sealed copy?
You open it.

8O ROTFLMAOROTFLMAO

When Chuck Norris goes into the sea he doesn't get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris sleeps with a light on. Not because he's afraid of the dark, but because the dark is afraid of Chuck Norris.

Any more? 8O

When Chuck Norris goes into the sea he doesn't get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris.

:)

There is not a chin under Chuck Norris' beard, just another fist.

It's bizarre how the English Chuck Norris fact website has never been updated, while the Italian blog receive many new facts every day. I'm sure there could be so many English funny stuff to add...

Like this one:

The phrase "Made by Chuck Norris" is imprinted beneath the surface of China.

No, both of you wrote boring stuff. I was talking about one cue, and you came up with stuff like "it's not this" or "it was added later" and blah blah blah. :wave:

No, both of you wrote boring stuff. I was talking about one cue, and you came up with stuff like "it's not this" or "it was added later" and blah blah blah. :)

Now that is the biggest example of the pot calling the kettle black.

Barry's Kidnapping.

Justin

uhhmmm, wise you are. yessss.

Which reminds me. The Magic Tree also has some creepy stuff (although I wouldn't rank it among his top scariest cues).

I'm listening to The Mothership from CE3K now. I love how it starts out as this scary piece, where you don't know what's going on, and then slowly, it turns into something beautiful and majestic.

Such a wonderful score. I'm going to have to listen to the whole thing again soon.

- Marc, who needs to get CE3K on DVD.

Double yes on the last one. My last viewing of the film left me shattered. What an experience. All the more powerful if you consider I was watching a centerscanned, dirty, scratched, overexposed, noisy bootleg VHS tape of the original cut.

It's just that the whole multiple versions thing has kept me off from purchasing it so far. But I saw the Columbia Classics edition at a store recently. Looked mighty tempting...

I still have my Criterion Laserdisc boxed set.

I believe the current DVD is the only version that has been released on DVD. It's just been repackaged.

This is truly on of Spielberg's best films and one of Williams' best as well.

As I like the CE3K score a hell lot, I gotta admit I've never saw the movie.

Damn, there's sooo many great movies out there to purchase on DVD and watch...

Oh, my poor wallet!