In all fairness it sometimes seems like Shore didn't know half of the themes he had in his LotR scores and Doug Adams found many them. He usually says Doug knows the music better than he does. Modesty or befuddlement, your pick. :P

I think the composers in general have drastically different and a less analytically cataloguing and labeling attitude towards their work than their fans who ponder most minute musical concerns with huge interest and find a lot of meaning in them, whether there is some there or there isn't.

He probably just doesn't remember scoring the films he was so sleep deprived.

Heh might be true. :D

What are you trying to say? That Doug Adams should compose the music for The Hobbit? I agree!

No silly! Howard Shore is the man for the job!

In all fairness it sometimes seems like Shore didn't know half of the themes he had in his LotR scores and Doug Adams found many them. He usually says Doug knows the music better than he does. Modesty or befuddlement, your pick. :P

I wouldn't say that. I agree that Doug probably knows the score more than Shore himself. But I think Shore is very much aware of his themes. Its simply that Doug gives more focus to the purpose of many of Shore's motifs than the composer often likes to go into for interviews and such. Who (besides us obsessed film music nerds of course) cares about the Hobbit End-Cap or the Weakness and Redemption motif, or the theme for that leaf there and the theme for that tree over there or the theme for that lovely rock that Frodo stepped on!

I wouldn't say that. I agree that Doug probably knows the score more than Shore himself. But I think Shore is very much aware of his themes. Its simply that Doug gives more focus to the purpose of many of Shore's motifs than the composer often likes to go into for interviews and such. Who (besides us obsessed film music nerds of course) cares about the Hobbit End-Cap or the Weakness and Redemption motif, or the theme for that leaf there and the theme for that tree over there or the theme for that lovely rock that Frodo stepped on!

I was of course joking. I think Doug Adams worked almost like a detective, clarifying Shore's work perhaps even to the composer himself when they worked together on the book. In no way Shore could have created the scores on pure intuition and instinct alone and then note afterwards that everything conveniently clicks and fits together. But I meant to say that a person looking the process of creation from outside perspective can view it from a different angle than the creator. He may even with keen mind find some aspects in the work left subconsciously there by the artist but not viewed by him as anything significant at the time of the creation but in the later review they do form coherent structures or logical progressions. Delving all these ideas, musical structures and individual language of the composer from the work has been one of the most interesting aspect of Mr. Adams' expansive work. But I would never seriously suggest that the overall musical architecture of the LotR scores was in any way haphazard or result of intuitive luck.

Haha I see! I was genuinely ready to embark on a heated argument here. I'm totally just imagining the White Council attack scene with Ben Del Maestro's voice soaring in the air!!

Oh wait...he'll be 10 years older won't he! Aww. That's another thing. I'm so used to the previous vocal contributions. Now we'll probably be getting a new boy soprano. But Shore knows his stuff, so I trust him ;)

Haha I see! I was genuinely ready to embark on a heated argument here. I'm totally just imagining the White Council attack scene with Ben Del Maestro's voice soaring in the air!!

Oh wait...he'll be 10 years older won't he! Aww. That's another thing. I'm so used to the previous vocal contributions. Now we'll probably be getting a new boy soprano.

Yeah, no other than young Bieber!

Oh wait...he'll be 10 years older won't he! Aww. That's another thing. I'm so used to the previous vocal contributions. Now we'll probably be getting a new boy soprano. But Shore knows his stuff, so I trust him ;)

YAYAYSYAYAYA SOMEONE ELSE WHO KNOWS BEN AN EDWARD ROSS! Squealing with delight!!!!!

I think Shore could have little themes for groups inside the dwarves group. Kili and Fili; Bombur, Bofur and Bifur, etc

Or an instrument for each dwarf: an harp for Thorin, a French horn for Dwalin, a bassoon for Bombur, an electric guitar for Balin...

Aragorn had a motif? I didn't know that.

The Heroics of Aragorn, dude! At the beginning of The Bridge of Khazad-Dûm (right after the Fellowship theme statement) during the Weathertop sequence, when riding to Helm's Deep, in the Prologue (when Sauron is destroyed)...

It took me a while to spot it (and Doug Adams liner notes, obviously! wink.png)

I think Shore could have little themes for groups inside the dwarves group. Kili and Fili; Bombur, Bofur and Bifur, etc

Or an instrument for each dwarf: an harp for Thorin, a French horn for Dwalin, a bassoon for Bombur, an electric guitar for Balin...

Aragorn had a motif? I didn't know that.

The Heroics of Aragorn, dude! At the beginning of The Bridge of Khazad-Dûm (right after the Fellowship theme statement) during the Weathertop sequence, when riding to Helm's Deep, in the Prologue (when Sauron is destroyed)...

It took me a while to spot it (and Doug Adams liner notes, obviously! wink.png)

The statement at Weathertop is not the heroics of Aragorn, it is the Strider motif, with that perfect fourth, in action mode.The most obvious statement of Aragorn's hero theme is the second half of Gondor's Ascension theme, for instance during the coronation.

I am just glad I was assigned the Dwarvest Dwarf the bunch, Balin, not some travesty with no beard or starfish hair-do. ;)

I think my humor center in the brain went offline just now since I didn't understand what the heck you said Quint.

I think my humor center in the brain went offline just now since I didn't understand what the heck you said Quint.

Lol, it was just the usual Edmund Blackadder routine, that's all.

Oh, the "Who Mourns For Adonais?" Motif? ;)

Great! I was wondering when would this appear since Peter promised at ComiCon that it would come out soon.

Wow there were some tantalizing shots of new stuff. :)

MOUNTAIN GIANTS!!

ET&Elliott4Ever! I mean, Lee Pace!

I think we get to see Evangeline Lilly at 4:34.

Radagast's house, Dale, Beorn's house... My god, so much new things...

Yes!!! The Mountain Giants were crazy! And we got to see a bunch of great sets! I'm very excited with the prospect of Thranduil. And Dale looks great too. This is wonderful!

I think we get to see Evangeline Lilly at 4:34.

I saw her at 11:32.

I think it was her at first, too. But then I looked again, and it doesn't look like her. Not entirely sure, though.

Maybe she is the stuntwoman.

Stone Giants!!! Where?

1:18!!!

Oh so it is. I kind of skipped over those ComiCon sections. Silly of me.

Radagast I did see and hear. Sylvester McCoy is a funny man. :)

but, but, BUT WHERE ARE DA BUNNIES!?

They save that dubious pleasure for the film itself. Under strictest of visual secrecy. No one outside select few must see their horror until then.

but, but, BUT WHERE ARE DA BUNNIES!?

DA BUNNIES OF DOOM, please. Show them some respect. They could cut your head off, if they wanted to.

Only people who are not their friends call them Da Bunnies of Doom, their Friends can just call them Da Bunnies.